Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  muchez?!
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 11:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

okay, you all know the story, now why is he back? im not mad or anything, i'd just like to know why one of the most infamous of CfH bans got back in.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chance!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:19 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

the fact that he's being 'tolerated' irritates me. if we can't perma ban someone who has been caught hacking multiple times alone on our server, is a known asshole and such, than i'm ashamed to be here. i'd have banned him as soon as i got on the server if chips hadn't been there.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:26 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

yeah dude wtf.
StaR
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:52 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

OH boy

We're in for a treat if he comes back for good.

But why isn't he banned, seriously.
He isn't that great, he cheats, and he gets pissed off at admins.
One more slip up, then we have to perm ban.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:29 am  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

StaR wrote:
One more slip up, then we have to perm ban.

Star, he has been perm banned on multiple steam id's, i think the forum, and irc channel. To say the least I'm not thrilled about this idea either and honestly joined to server with the intent to ban him til I saw Chips was on and hadnt acted. I'm gonna refrain from saying anything else til i hear an explanation on this one. I suggest we all stay calm until said explanation appears. This is gonna cause enough contorversy as is. Confused

Chips
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:42 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

StaR wrote:
But why isn't he banned, seriously.

He's BEEN banned...7 different times in fact. The wonderful thing about this game is a new steam ID gets you a new life. I didn't even notice he was on for a while...he was that well behaved. Of course if I were in his shoes, I'd probably be well behaved also. We (the admins) could have banned him...and he'd be right back some day with a new steam ID.

In fact...I give him props for coming on and NOT pretending to be someone else as he's done before. He was very well behaved and it was fun playing with him. It's been well over a year since he was banned. I did in fact tell the admins on at the time that we'll "tolerate" his presence and I reminded him of that when I left the server after playing with him for several hours.

He obviously WANTS to play here...he wasn't any trouble...he wasn't a distraction to anyone..and no one got on his case. In fact, I had to look at the scoreboard numerous times to be sure he was still there.

Perhaps he's changed...perhaps he hasn't. It was a very different guy I played wiith tonight than I have in the past. I'm sure he realizes he'll be watched like a hawk...and the first slip up...he's toast.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 10:50 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I understand you trying to be diplomatic about this Chips, but I don't respect your decision in the slightest, and I don't think this person can and should be trusted anymore.
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:10 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Heck, then why don't we go and unban Kidani, Thujon, etc.

I remember a few months ago, when Thujon joined after his ban on another ID, he was banned on sight.

And I'd find constant map exploiting and spawn camping much more forgivable than hacking.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
fu manchu
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:19 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Un-ban Miles too....oh wait, NM

And you hit a switch
And you cut that man in two

Imagine the view
When they bounce that s**t off of satellites
And they hit a switch and when they hit that switch
All the heaven falls on you
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:12 pm  Reply with quote

First off...there was no "decision" made. It's simply a situation that "happened" and will be tolerated...for the moment. He was on the server for quite a while before I even realized he was there. It would look pretty silly at that point to give him the boot. I never made any grand announcement that he's unbanned, forgiven and welcomed back. He went and got himself another steam ID...that's the only reason he made it in to begin with. If we had banned this ID...he'd most likely just come back with another under an alias. Again, the fact that he came in with his known player name says something to me. "Yo...it's me and I know I'm not welcome here. Let me get a few maps under my belt to show you guys something"

He was caught using a logged hack (PP2) on public servers...he was caught hacking on our server...he's been abusive to our admins and others in our community in the past, both on our server and in our IRC room. He's been prone to angry outbursts and rather unkind words to many here. But perhaps you'd act similarly if you were being scorned by hundreds of people at once. All of these actions were a very, very long time ago. MOST here don't even know this guy...or the history.

DA...that's how I feel this situation differs from Kidani and Thujon. They were playing here for YEARS and despite all we would do to get across how they disrupted the server...they never changed. They were given ample opportunity to do so. Muchez didn't play here long at all before the sky fell in on him...and at the time, for very good reason...he was a very angry young man. He's been out of our lives for a long, long time. Perhaps long enough to make a change...who knows.

I think it was Nirv who suggested not too long ago that he should be unbanned. Muchez's remarks in that thread were calm, composed and written in a fashion that told me he's got a hold of his anger issues...and really wants a 15th chance. Surprised Even after the answer was obvious to him...there were no "fu" posts like in the past. He took the decision for what it was worth. Another thing I respected.

I do happen to like the guy personally, we've exchanged numerous e-mails over time about his situation. He's always been respectful to me. I've never appreciated the other things and actions everyone else has seen. But if you've ever had the chance to play with him when he's not going balistic...you'd find he's quite knowlegable, helpful and talented. Few have EVER seen this side.

I can't think of anyone who's tried so many times to come back here. I'm not defending him...I'm tolerating him...for the time being.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
rage
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:19 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

don't know him but everyone deserves a second chance and being banned on sight is not a second chance and if he is not hacking/disrupting other people i dont see why not its been along time and he could have been bad back then so got hacks and didnt think they were illegal tried em out and didnt like him why would he get more steam ids? to keep joining and tick us off? im with chips on this one

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 12:37 pm  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

Torturedevice wrote:
I understand you trying to be diplomatic about this Chips, but I don't respect your decision in the slightest, and I don't think this person can and should be trusted anymore.

QFE

-I've played with him a few times already and he seems pretty chill. i've played nice and made a point to get along with him despite the past. this will never relieve my doubt though. i think he should go and i think hes had enough chances. his presence is a slap in the face of cfh as a whole.

-rage, i dont mean to be rude, but you dont know who this guy is and you dont know the circumstances. otherwise i believe you would think differently.

to anyone who doesnt know the name Muchez and the history behind this already, please, please, look it up before you post anything here.

Americanboy3
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:

...and really wants a 15th chance.

Torturedevice wrote:

I'm not extremely familiar with this. But I know a decent amount of this. But I'm going to have to go with TD and Chick on this one. This guy has had more than enough chances to make up for it. I haven't played with him like you all did last night. But I don't think we need to give him yet another chance.

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
tiger
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 2:11 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i wasnt here during the cfh raid of muchez but ive read about it all. and to be honest when i first came back to tfc i ran into him while i was concing and whatnot on the playground and on his personal server(which hasnt been up for awhile). and in the very beginning he did act like the ways i had heard and i was even banned from his server since i was in cfh. whatever. but he seemed to make this random turnaround from the things i have heard and small part i had seen. ive played with him alot on the playground and he has completely been chill and relaxed and i never saw anything bad about him characterwise. muchez is definately not the same person. however for the previous hacking bans and whatnot i have no opinion seeing as how i was not here during those times. but from a overall character standpoint muchez is good in my eyes.
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well, okay. now that i know whats up, thanks. i trust in your decision. but if he's banned again, he will NEVER come back, or i wont come back. and i think a few people here in the server would agree.

if muchez reads this, LAST CHANCE. DON'T F*#@ IT UP.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger