View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Other Source Games  ~  Hidden:Source
Kirby119
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:13 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

This is a HL2 mod someone told me about. You play as a marine that has to kill a genetic experiment that has invisibility, super speed, etc. You can also play as the "Hidden". It is a multiplayer mod.

You can download it or check it out here: http://www.hidden-source.com/

There aren't alot of people on, but it's still pretty fun.

It's still in beta testing, so there a some bugs, but I could help you out, or you could check on the forums if you have a problem.

I play as Kirby119, usually on whatever server has the most people.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:27 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

so its like mutant mode for ut?

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Kirby119
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:34 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I'm not too familiar with Mutant Mode, but I'm gonna say yes. However, the Hidden only has a knife and a few grenades, while the marines have a choice between several weapons and gadgets, even personalities (although they don't really make a difference). The hidden is also more difficult to see, more of a shimmer than a person. The hidden also has special abilities. This is taken from the website:

"Hidden is very versatile, each player has a seperate gameplay style. heres some features that can help you customize your gameplay style:

Pounce = Shift by default, used to move quickly, and best used at an angle to gain height. Consumes stamina.
Slash = Basic attack (mb1), 3 hits can kill a marine. (the only way hidden can kill and preserve a body)
Pigstick = Secondary attack (mb2), kills the marine instantly, 1.5 second charge or something around that time.
Pipebombs = Hiddens only ranged wep, EVER! (for those of you who want to suggest throwing knives) press Q to quickly switch, 3 per round. remember, to tap and the last grenade. Note: Hidden does not have pipebombs in Overrun mode.
Objects = E By default, hidden has the ability to pick up objects, and throw with slash button, drop again with E.
Wall cling = A more advanced feature of the hidden that requires practice and careful use. Tap shift to pounce towards a wall, and tap it again. you will now "cling to the wall", consumes a lot of stamina. so be warned.
Body Feeding = Must be a preserved body to feed off. a body can be preserved by slash killing. can consume 25hp per body. to feed, slash the preserved body.
Body Pinning = Must be in close proximity to a wall, and tap secondary attack key (mb2 by default), requires practice to get it right all the time!"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:46 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Ah, so kinda.

With mutant mode, one player (the first to get a kill) becomes the mutant. They get loooads of powerups, as well as every weapon. Once there's a mutant every other player's goal is to kill him, and killing the mutant makes you the mutant. The lowest ranked player can kill anyone, but that often only lasts for a few kills before you are no longer the worst.

So its pretty much the same gameplay type just with a few differences. When the hidden is killed, does the killer become the hidden?

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Kirby119
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Usually. From what I've seen, the person who becomes the hidden has to be alive at the end. People have told me it's random, but maybe the killer has a higher chance of it than others.

If the hidden wins, one of two things can happen. On some servers, the hidden stays as the hidden. On some others, you can only be the hidden for one round.