Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  TF2 - Team Fortress 2  ~  TF2 Lives!
Audhumla
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:59 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

So everyone who bought Quake should get Quake 2 for free?

Quake 2 is a free ticket to Quake 3?
Anyone who bought The Sims gets The Sims 2 for free?

TF2 is a SEQUEL not a port.
And it's been said a number of times that TF2 comes with HL2:E2, along with Portal.

I only hope they keep some sort of explosive jumping or advanced movement techniques. Since HL2:E2 (along with Portal and TF2) is also coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 and console FPS games aren't known to be bastions of such things, I hope they don't sacrifice advanced movement techniques solely for the sake of making things console-friendly.

Since it is a SEQUEL, though, an entirely different game, I hope if they removed things such as conc jumping (however unlikely that may be) that players completely discount it cuz "it isn't TFC". It's not supposed to be TFC. It's TF2. Though we've yet to see any substantial gameplay, what little we have seen certainly suggests that it will, at the very least, retain the frantic, spasmatic charm of the TFC we all know and love

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:16 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Aud is a genius. I agree with him 110%

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
Chance!
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:33 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i don't know... what 'attracted' me to TFC was the fact that there was a huge learning curve, and there were literally skills you could LEARN how to do, but weren't just given to you by the game. in TFC, you can do stuff as an advanced player that noobs can't just do by accident their first day. if they don't have conc jumping and such, i hope they have other things which require similar play.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Yeah, I don't care if they take out any concept of TFC, if they replace it with something just as good. Heck that "learning things on your own" thing got me to do my signature concing backwards. Almost nobody else does it, so it makes me feel unique.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Howling Man is 1337
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:05 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I knew I would come on here and everyone would be bitching about the 'cartooniness' of the new TF2 trailer and screens. I personally think it looks so awesome, and it's a hell of a lot more than FF has shown us so far, I mean, where's their video? Where's their promised release date? Anyone who disagrees with me sucks.

Frankly there's no point arguing or debating the two games. If you think FF looks better, play FF. If you like TF2 better, play TF2. Only time will let us know unfortunately.

And honestly, who doesn't like The Incredibles?

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 2:46 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Howling Man is 1337 wrote:
I knew I would come on here and everyone would be bitching about the 'cartooniness' of the new TF2 trailer and screens. I personally think it looks so awesome, and it's a hell of a lot more than FF has shown us so far, I mean, where's their video? Where's their promised release date? Anyone who disagrees with me sucks.

Frankly there's no point arguing or debating the two games. If you think FF looks better, play FF. If you like TF2 better, play TF2. Only time will let us know unfortunately.

QFE.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 3:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

^^ Agreed. It looks kick ass.

Demasu
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

The Crimson King wrote:

QFE.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 4:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Disagrees. i think it looks like crap. Cell shaded FTL. Each players model has its own uniqness to it and doesnt follow the aspect of TEAM Fortress.

And no i didnt like The Incredibles, let alone in TFC.

And to come to FF defense, they are a team of independant coders and artists and what have you. And they have produced, in such a short time, something that has stirred and awakened the TFC community. And I will say that what they are doing matchs anything that Valve has put out this far in terms of a TFC mod based on the HL2 engine.

And to comment of the fact that TF2 is a sequal. Yea it is a sequal and in almost every instance in anything concerning a sequal be it movies, games, tv or any other form of media the sequal tries to retain some form and aspect of the original. To completely change the face and the look of a sequal is a fine line to be walking and you can fall on one side or the other. Alot of sequals if they were made with a different actor of a different look would turn into a bomb. Terminator 2 without Arnold? Would it be the same? Would it be a hit? I doubt it. Take for example Triple X the movie. First one with Vin Diesel was a success and made some good money in the box office. Then they make a sequal with Ice Cude instead of Vin Diesel in it. BOMB!!!

Yea I will most likely be playing FF and wont even try that dribble called TF2. You can all let me know how it is playing as a spy in a suit with a robbers mask on.

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Wahoo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:40 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

So what about ocarina of time to wind waker? This is exactly the way this is going. I think valve captured what made TFC and that is that it was so darn fun and not serious to play and have fun with, oh yeah, speaking of huge graphical updates in sequals... doom 2 to doom 3?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

WHO CARES!! Its all about game play. Doom2 looks like s**t compared to HL2, but I still play it sometimes.

Demasu
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Why must people not even consider playing a game based solely on the graphics of said game? It's about gameplay more than it is about graphics, hell I play a lot of the orginal arcade games because they're fun to play, not because it's a few things made up of little squares with no curves.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Howling Man is 1337
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 6:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Anyone who disagrees with me sucks.

Controlled Chaos wrote:
Disagrees. i think it looks like crap.

Sorry CC. You suck. TF2 ftw. Razz

(jk love you dude. We still up for gay sex at Aud's house tomorrow night?)

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

CC TFC isn't exactly made towards the adult audiences. They have other games like Doom and Call of Duty to do that. TFC was made for everyone, and they figured out its mainly attracted kids, I think this is why they are making it all cellshaded. Sure alot of us won't like it, alot of us will. Everyone has their own preference.

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
rage
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:32 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

maybe we should make a thread with a vote...

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger