Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  Fjorn and Admin Abuse
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Fjorn keeps yelling at people to even teams. There's 15 people on and its 8 on 7. It can't get anymore even. He keeps yelling for them to be even. And i tell him they can't because its 8 on 7. He kicks me. There was no need for that. And he was entirely wrong. It was 8 on 7. Chips you might want to find out whats wrong with him. Cuz he was hella pissed at practice last night. In IRC he was saying stuff like "I could come on right now so we could 5v5 but I won't because I'm still pissed."

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
Fjorn
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:41 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Okay, here is what happened.

People have been asking me to kic the bots, and I decided to do so, so I kicked the bots, and the teams were 9 to 6

I said 'even the teams please' and someone evened the teams

Then AB checked (after they were evened) and said they were even...

Then someone switched and made the teams uneven again, so I asked for people to even the teams again, and they did.

And then AB, said they were even again.

I explained to him that they were uneven when I asked, then I explained to him AGAIN in ALL CAPS, and he was still complaining about me doing my job

So I kicked him.

Once.

Just a kick, not a ban, a kick.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:45 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Damnit. Teams were uneven, they were 5 on 9, and when Fjorn said it, then they evened. And then after all that happened, you went on your little ramble about teams being uneven. I believe a fair amount of respect towards the admins (and all CfHers for that matter) is a good thing.

And besides, it was just a kick. Kicks are the way for admins telling the player "you went a little far." If a kick hurt you that badly, maybe you're playing the wrong game.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I never once complained about your job. You asked for them to be evened. When they were 7 on 8. They were even. Then a while later you asked for them to be evened. And it was still 7 on 8. I then said. Fjorn there is 15 people here and it can't get anymore even. You then got mad, and kicked me. Myself, Nirvana, Louie, Bonsai, and a bunch of others thought that was totally uncalled for, which it was. I never once complained about doing your job.

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
Chance!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:55 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

AB:
if you have a problem with an admin, take it from me, its normally best to talk via PM or more privately. the reason i almost never play on .id any more or wear the tag, is because of something very similar... which i don't care to get into in this thread.
it is often seen as disrespectful to argue with an admin's decision in the middle of the game. taking it to the forum FIRST instead of arguing with him on the server would get more and better results.
-----
On what actually happened:
A kick might have been a bit strong of a vibe to send out. Slay's work well for sending a message too. IMHO: a slay is saying we don't like what your doing. a kick is a way of saying your almost banned.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Fjorn
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:14 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

You STILL didn't read what I said...

I have nothing more to say to you, if you can't even read what I am saying

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:30 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Yes I know you "explained" to me about it being uneven when you asked. But I never ONCE complained about you doing your job. That's a load of bullsh*t if ever I heard it. All I was saying was when I looked they were even because with 15 people it can't get anymore even. And then you start saying you aren't getting what I'm saying and then you kick me. That's totally uncalled for. Did I break the rules, no. Did I say anything offensive, no. Did I complain about you doing your job, no. So why did you kick me?

Fjorn
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:38 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Perhaps I have a different definition...

Arguing with an admin over weather or not said admin should have asked people to even the teams because (according to you) the teams were even...

and the fact that you did it not once, but you did it repeatedly, even AFTER I told you that the teams were uneven when I asked...

sounds like complaining to me..

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Demasu
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:39 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I have an idea, how about you both quit bitching here and take it to PM.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:43 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Telling you that the teams ARE even is complaining? No its stating a fact actually. 8 on 7 when there are 15 people on the server. Is even. That is stating a fact.

Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:54 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

It's been said before, I'll say it again. Teams WERE uneven.

And arguing will do nothing, simply because. Fjorn says "he was still complaining about me doing my job." AB denies it. Nearly all of AB's speaking was done via mic, so there inlies, no way of proving what happened.

Sigh.... If everybody typed, solving this would be so much easier.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 12:56 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I doubt very much that Fjorn is blind. Surprised

If he saw the teams as uneven...they probably were...at the time. This is a rather common occurance on any server...it happens. Anyone can suggest to even teams, not just admins. If you hear someone request this and you look and feel they're even...go about your business. No need to make comments to anyone. There are those on the server who will switch immediately upon hearing such a request...even before you take a look. You obviously didn't see what he saw at the time.

It's apparent that he didn't kick you for not making the teams even or switching and making them uneven...rather that you questioned his judgement and then continued to press the issue. One other player has already said the teams were uneven...and Fjorn has stated that he explained to you more than once...his position.

Again, if someone...anyone...requests teams to be balanced and you feel they already are, there's no need to either switch teams or comment in any way...just go about your business.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Louie
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:47 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Chips wrote:
Again, if someone...anyone...requests teams to be balanced and you feel they already are, there's no need to either switch teams or comment in any way...just go about your business.

Which is exactly what I did.

I think what AB did though, was just out of human curiousity like if someone were wearing a top hat I'd ask "Why are you wearing a top hat???" If they punched me for questioning them, I'd be shocked - Just as I was shocked when AB was kicked for asking "How can they get more even than 8v7?"

I said something to the effect of "Wow, there was no need to kick him" and once again continued playing. Although, ironically, kicking AB actually answered his question... (7 on 7)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:07 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Just do what I do.....

If teams are uneven, and you're on the "short" team.....think of it as having more targets, and start shooting them. Twisted Evil Razz

I never complain about uneven teams. Gives me more to shoot at.
Laughing Good Idea

Back in the WON days, I was one of 4 people against 12. Some of the most fun I've ever had on a TFC server.

G-Baby
PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:43 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I usually tell Fjorn that I'm going to come over his house and cuddle with him, and that usually gets my point across.