View previous topic
Page 3 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Forum Members  ~  Toughie down
Toughsox
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:24 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I swear, the backs of my legs are gonna look like POPEYE'S arms very soon from going up and down these aldders 1000 times a day. Luck was on my side, as I got the front totally done. (with the exception of flashing the top, which I'll do when Im done with all of the siding.) Now....on to showering then some CfHing.......till I pass out. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Dont mistake my kindness as a sign of weakness!!!!
Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Toughsox
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:58 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

July 4th.....and Im about to go outside and make alot more noise.....my neighbors must hate me already for the constant pounding of my hammer. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Anyway, the entire 1st floor is done, and now its "ladder time". I have to remove the old molding around the upper windows, trim them out, then put up the foam boards, then all the flashing and trim so I can get THAT part done.....I swear this job will never end.
Hopefully my brother shows up to get the highest parts as I HATE being up on a ladder. Shocked
Anyway, enjoy the 4th everyone.....if Im not dead tonight Im looking for some trigger time......thats if I dont pass out at 9:00 HAHAHAHAHA

Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Toughsox
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:19 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Welp.....just finishing the 3rd week of hell as I reside my house. So far, its looking really good. But, its gone slower then expected, yet Ive spent like, 12+ hours a day on it. Anyway.....Im done with 3 sides, only have the top on the last side. Also, today Im going to tackle for front portico and try to totally finish the front. Im leaving the 1 side alone for now as Ive been using 16 footers for the siding, and they bend too easily for 1 person to drag them up the ladder alone.......my brother has been helping me alot, but his time is limited, so I make sure when he comes over, Im ready for things that 2 people on ladders need to do.
All things being equal, in 3 weeks, 4 days were for building the porticos, and we also had a LOT of rain the first 2 weeks.....so Id say roughly I was on target of 2 weeks to do the siding alone. After the siding is done, I just need to go around and caulk everything in site.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:18 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Get over there and help Toughy, Chips! Razz

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Soli Deo Gloria
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Cant wait to see before and after pics of all this hard work:p
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Toughsox
PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:34 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Its been a slow going the last couple of days due to A:, I had to show up a work, allbeit, only a couple hours a day, and B:. my brother got 9 stitches in his wrist from using a cutting tool and his sleeve got caught in it.....and he was my high-ladder guy. Made things so much faster having 2 people on the top sections, but now he is idled for a few more days......inthe mean time, Ive been working on the posts and gonna start all the handrails.
In actual time, there isnt much left.....a bit of brake-metal around the porticos, and a bit of caulking.
Real life took me away fromit for a couple days, but Im off Friday so I'll make a go for finishing it by this weekend.
And Soli, yea....I cant wait for the pix either =)

-[CfH]-Server Admin
CORRAN
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:51 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

....a weaker man would have givin up long ago and bought another house to avoid doing the siding Very Happy . When it is done though, you will be able to enjoy the results of your hard work....and possibly "one up" some neighbors houses in comparsion, booyah!

Toughsox
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:47 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

LOL Corran.....funny thing is, now my neighbor across the street, who has been threatening to do his siding for what they say has been like, 10 years, just ordered his stuff to start.
As for buying another house, this one, which I bought just 2 1/2 years ago, has already risen 30% in value due to NOTHING. All the houses here were in the high $200's when I bought and are all now just a tad over $400k now. Since then I have added a bathroom, totally gutted and redid the kitchen, finished off the basement while adding 2 bedrooms down there, and now this siding project. Truth is, with the way real estate has risen in New Jersey in the last few years, I couldnt afford to buy my own house if I had to do it all over again. HAHAHAHAHAHA
On a new note, today is the day I go out there to begin on all the flashing and trim work. Its boring and tedious as hell, not to mention its gonna be around 90 degrees the next few days here, but hey, its gotta be done.
Hopefully between today and tomorrow, I should be in the home stretch.... I can only hope. Smile

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Soli Deo Gloria
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:24 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

You are a true Thoughie *Salutes toughsox* Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Cunnilingus_Superstar
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUMM!!!! Your real estate is cheap!!!!!!!!!!!
Toughsox
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:06 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Its not that our real estate is cheap. You just gotta remember that $1.00 US is like $6243.34 Canadian. Laughing Laughing Laughing

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Soli Deo Gloria
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:41 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

LoLz Laughing Laughing
rage
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:05 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

and woned

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Cunnilingus_Superstar
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:02 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Actually right now $1USD is closer to $1.12CDN. Average house price in my area is around 950K - 1 Million. Not very big/new houses either.
Toughsox
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:09 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Time for the Cunni to move, like....NOW!!! Laughing

-[CfH]-Server Admin