Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  Killer Clown
TTK-target
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Banned Killer Clown tonight. Use of the "N" word. Check the server logs...

STEAM_0:0:341214

Cunnilingus_Superstar
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

How many times do you have to be told that you cannot ban people for using the word "No."
stingersteve
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:16 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

all do respect to u target and whoever else has a problem with my opinion, i was there when killerclown was on and he was a very fun person to play with on here.... he said that one time which as soon as someone said something bout it he appologized and said it was a bind his brother had on there... but never given any chances and was never warned to watch it and what not i really feel it was unjust how it was handled and think he should not be banned because of a little mistake i'm sure he would have taken that off his binds if he was ever given the chance to do so but he was immediately banned.. Bad Idea
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:42 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

http://www.chipsfunhouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23

Chips wrote:
The use of racist remarks or comments either in "chat" or thru "voice comm" ... will earn you an immediate and PERMANENT ban...no second chance here.

And thanks for the explanation SS that this was a "bind" and not something he merely typed out of utter stupidity. The fact that this was bound to a key tells me that key was deliberately set to spam racial slurs on any server, in front of any audience including young children...willfully, purposfully and maliciously. I don't care if the bind was made by his brother, his father, sister or cousin. He had a responsibility to read the server rules and abide by them.

Racists have no place in my world...which includes any of our servers, these community forums and our main public IRC chat room. Foul language will earn you a warning...racism earns you an immediate and permanent goodbye.

Good work Target ... Twisted Evil

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tiger
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:03 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i hate racism of any kind. and those that say racist slurs i do believe should be banned without a second chance, like the rules say. however if it is true that his brother made a bind for hisself, it would stay bound on his keyboard somewhere for him to accidentally hit more than likely. killerclown was acting goofy all map from what i saw and making the server laugh and whatnot, and after the bind was hit he immediately said that his brother had made that bind apparently and he apologized for it. if he did know that bind prior to all of that and hit it to test the waters and see what would happen or he just said that his brother made the bind to get himself out of trouble then i believe that he should be banned and stay banned. but if his brother, who also plays tfc, made the bind while playing himself without killerclowns knowledge at all, should he be held accountable for something that he completely was ignorant of before the incident happened? i am not questioning anyones judgement, i am just simply just posing a question of curiosity. he was banned on the spot and that was just, but now i am just trying to bring the other side a bit.
Audhumla
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:19 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

as much as it pains me to say it, if he hit the key not knowing that the N word would come out, and apologized thereafter, I agree the ban may not be neccesary.

If we ever instill a rule against be annoying though, he'd deserve 5,302,434,232 retroactive bans

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:19 am  Reply with quote

The ban was just ... Twisted Evil

He's perfectly free to come here and state his case as any other banned player would. I'd be willing to listen to reason. But at some point, folks have to be held accountable. This hints of Apex and his son...who apparently had no control over anothers ability to get him in trouble. He's not banned from the forums and would need to come here and explain.

For the record...I happen to like this guy alot. He's loud, obnoxious and a lot of fun. He does make folks laugh...did I mention he's loud. Surprised

That doesn't change what happened...what goes for one goes for all. Everone is given the same treatment here...whether they're liked or not.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
TTK-target
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:09 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

For the record, I have alot of fun when the "Clown" is here too. I like him, he makes me laugh alot...

I don't recall that KillerClown has a history or racial slurs or foul language (outside the normal slips we all have), so I don't believe his intention was malicious. To Aud's point, if he didn't know about the bind, and appologized for it (I missed this part), then perhaps this ban should be temporary. Having said that, the rules of the server are very clearly stated and we are all accountable.

I will defer to the admin team...

To SS and Tiger: Thanks for the input/posts here. I am human, and I make mistakes, and will make more in the future. Having said that, if you have a problem with me then please bring it up with Chips. I am not going to debate with, or argue with you during play as you tried last night. I am not a mean, heartless ogre who hunts innocent people for no reason. When the rules are broken I act, especally involving racial or sexual slurs. Again, I am not perfect, never claimed to be.

Chance!
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:51 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

tbh this seems a bit wrong to me. i've seen a couple of our members use the N word a couple of times right in front of chips and other admins faces and nothing was said to them(before I was admin, and now since i've become admin).
i've lived around racism all my life, and have grown to have a huge hatred for all racist people as i see them as ignorant and worth less than spit on a sidewalk.
if he said it once and instantly appologized... i don't have a problem with him.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:18 am  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

Theres a problem here guys. This wasnt just once. I've seen this "slip" before. After once or even twice, he knows which keys will do what. There also happens to be a thread up in the admin section in regards to his rampant use of foul language. He knew what was coming...

PsychoP.O.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:53 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

I know I'm new here, but we have these same issues on the .id servers (where I am a manager), and I hope I'm not putting my 2 cents in where they dont belong....

Thie discussion is great, but it sounds like a moot point unless Mr. "Clown" decides to post for re-instatement.

I really like the way the ideas are exchanged here with out flaming each other! Laughing

Here moron, have a tall, cold glass of STFU!

I would rather be judged by 12 than carried by six!

Chips
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 10:20 am  Reply with quote

Chance! wrote:
i've seen a couple of our members use the N word a couple of times right in front of chips and other admins faces and nothing was said to them

Whoa nelly ... Surprised

There's no way on earth I'd hear or see someone say that and do nothing about it. After all, it was I who wrote that rule. I may have been afk or missed text chat (we all know I only read 50% of what's typed)...but if I saw or heard it, I'd take immediate action as Target did. I would never tolerate this from anyone. If another admin would let something like this slide...obviously, I have no control over that unless I've been informed about it. I would hope that wouldn't be the case though.

The admin discussion about this player that Chick refers to only involved constant foul language...another thing frowned upon here. Players are warned numerous times regarding this before action is taken. Anyone can get mad and spew out something they wished they hadn't...but remarks of a racial tone are NEVER acceptable and he was never known for doing this.

PsychoP.O., these are "n0n-flamable", G rated environments here...on our servers, forums and IRC chat room. Rather rare in the online gaming world of today. I can't think of one thread in these entire forums where anyone goes off on anybody else. That's simply the way we do things here...and your opinion (or anyone's for that matter) are appreciated and respected. Especially from someone like yourself that understands the world of online play and how it can "typically" be rather rough.

Again, he's not banned from the forums and is capable of reading this thread if he so chooses. When and if we ever hear from him...I'd be glad to hear what he has to say for himself.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
KillerClown
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:32 am  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

Shocked this all together has ben verry shocking for me... i can not tele you how many times i have told my brother to tell me if he has made a bind i have 2 keys that i jeneruly use for binded talk k and l I had made k to say "pls pls pls cap allready." and l " would say thank you for caping the flag befor i dided Razz"... my older brother is in the navy and he and his freinds allways jock around about just about evrything from politics to racual stuff. now he had told me before he left to be stationed in some place neer iraqu im not really sure where it is. that he and a few of his friends and whent to a server to play and like allways they must have jocked around or something i new nothing about it I was out of town at a family thing... that he should have whent to... I love this server verry much and i has verry shocked when i whent to ask pls cap the flag... the N word shos up... then i see that i was going to get banned for something that my brother pute on the keybourd. I dont know how long its ben that i have come to this server to play but I can tele you this. I played to have fun and cheer people up. its not evryday that you come by a server of people who love LOUD and obnokshious. and i agree poeple must be accoutable for thier actions and I can garentee you that it will not happen agian simaly becouse he is gone now... I love this server and I do not wish to mack people think roungly of me. I want to share the same fun as you folks do and i see that you all do love your fun time... and i can tele this by how many times I have had my but plastered on the wall. and from what I can tele you allso are vearry moral. now some one from what i can remember said that I may have slipped ather words out of mic such as mayby the S and F word now here this " I am sorry for anything that i may have said or done to effend anyone on that server."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:47 am  Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. Good Idea

I urge you to check your configs before launching your game and coming here. By all means, feel free to do anything you want on another server...but I do believe you understand what's expected around here.

Someone (one of the admins obviously) plz unban the loud, obnoxious one...or I'll do it when I get home (4:30 eastern time). If someone beats me to it...please post to that effect here.

KC...plz post your steam ID so this can be done. I'm probably the only one with the access to get it and I can't do that or unban you from work.

Welcome back...and behave yourself. Cool

-[CfH]-Server Admin
tiger
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:52 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

TTK-target wrote:
Banned Killer Clown tonight. Use of the "N" word. Check the server logs...

STEAM_0:0:341214