Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Forum Rules & Instructions  ~  Avatars & Signatures
Chips
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 2:57 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Avatars are the small pics you see under your name in the "author" column at the left. You may upload your own to the server if you wish. Dimensions (height and width in pixels) can be no more than 80 X 80 and file size no more than 6kb.

You may also choose from over 600 premade avatars available on the forum. Click the "profile" link at the top of the forums and scroll down to the "Avatar Control Panel"...where you can upload your own or choose one of the available premade ones.

Signatures are text and/or graphics that appear under your message. There is a limit of 255 text characters. Graphics are not available on the server nor can they be uploaded like the avatars. You may host your graphic with the provider (free or paid) of your choice and link to it here. You may use a combination of text and graphics. This link can be made through your profile under "Signature" in the following format:

Code:
[img]http://www.yourhost.com/yourpic.gif[/img]

In my example...I'm using the .gif format. You may use .jpg, .png or .gif as these produce relatively small files. Please keep these file sizes to a minimum as large files will cause the page to load slowly or not at all for some users. If your file is seen to be excessive, you will be asked to change and/or remove it.

Read the FAQ at the top of the page if you have additional questions about this.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 11:09 pm  Reply with quote

Some folks recently reported problems uploading avatars from their own computers to the forums. I can verify that it doesn't work. I'm checking with my provider as they've made platform changes not too long ago. I'm also checking that it isn't a problem with the latest upgrade of our forums.

I'll post back here when/if I ever figure out what it is. Surprised

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger