Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Other Games & Mods  ~  OMG! Who loves RE4?????

Is Resident Evil Awesome?
Totally!
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
No Way! Mario all the WAY!!!!!
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
OMG i'm a total idiot and haven't played it.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
SCREW 4, 5 comes out with PS3!!
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

StaR
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:15 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

This game is SWEET!!!!!
I finally got it from a friend, I'm hooked.

It's not like the past RE games, it's more action-oriented.
I likes.
No Zombies
I also Likes.
PS2 version,
I LOVES!!!! And haves.

WHO ELSE LOVES IT??!!!!

SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS!!

PS: My friend's hooked. It took 3 months to finally get it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:33 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

scare games(resident evil), sports games(yearly football from ea games) suck major turd.[period]
oh, and games where the latest is just a rehash of the last(which is re and sports games)

StaR
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:32 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Sports games HAVE to stick to the same thing.
There's not much for a player to do that connects to Sports, unless trying to get a contract or have some guy videotape you in your house for MTV is "Fun".

Gilliam, you obviously haven't played this game.
Don't critisize before expriencing.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 10:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I've played RE1 for like an hour. Gave up on it. I've played RE3:Nemesis on PS2 for about an hour, and gave up on it as well. RE4 was the only RE that actually interested me, but I haven't played it.

But, imo, I agree with Gilliam; Sports, Extreme Sports (with exception to SSX), Horror/Scary, Music, and games that you'd never hear of; suck.

gilliam
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

hmm.. actually the music games like ddr and para para paradise do bring new workout songs to ya.. unlike sports couch potato games Razz
i got ppp controllers Smile

bambam
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:09 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Location: Tenn.about 30mins from chattanooga. ever hear of Dunlap?? didnt think so

PS3 ....HAHAHA IF & when it ever comes out its not like anyone gonna be able to afford it..If u do a lil reading you'll see that a lot of game makers are starting to lean towards microsoft..and if im not mistaken RE 5 is also coming out on 360 : )

why u ask....well because

XBOX360 PWNS ALL!!

Audhumla
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:14 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

here comes a hijacking. cuba or bust.

gilliam wrote:
hmm.. actually the music games like ddr and para para paradise do bring new workout songs to ya.. unlike sports couch potato games Razz
i got ppp controllers Smile

I played PPP at an arcade once.
I'm the biggest fan of music games.
Were it physically feasible, I'd make love with my IIDX controller.
Guitar Hero is epic.
Though I'm terrible at it, I love DrumMania.
Online free games like O2Jam and DJMax are also beautiful.
DDR, PIU, and ITG are the only reasons I'm not really really fat.
I would give nearly anything to play an arcade version of Pop'n'Music
but
I just don't like PPP.

Like, I love the idea of hold notes in hand-sensor based ones (Dance ManiaX was WAAYYY too easy) but PPP just felt too sacchirine, even for my tastes. And I listen to Aqua.
I guess it's because the game is based on performing pre-made routines in a pre-existing style, that I don't like it. that, and the hardest routines lack the technical difficulty of something like Pandemonium {Expert} on ITG, or Holic[A] on IIDX.

Music games own. At their core, they're all remarkably similar, but it is a game concept that delivers.

@ Anshin - By "games that you'd never hear of", what exactly are you referring to? Cult classic games that don't sell well but get solid reviews like Gitaroo Man and Ico? Weird-ass games like Mr. Mosquito?

I agree with Gill. Like, the first 4 THPS games were fun, but adding a barebones, linear story mode and one new way to move does not a new game make. That, and they never made them more difficult. In the latest ones (which are worse than ones like 4), with all the added functionality and ways to keep combos, 1,000,000 point combos are EASY. Seriously, easy. But the hardest combo I remember having to do was 500k points. I totally enjoyed THPS4. SSX3 was incredible too. Hell, I loved Street Sk8er and Street Sk8er too. Agressive Inline was really fun. Total trash though, was that Thrasher skating game that was realistic. Not being able to do two kicktricks in one jump /= fun. Yeah, most (all) extreme sports games = go really fast up to a ramp, go off it, hold a trick while flipping and spinning, land into a manual, hold the manual to the next ramp, and repeat for two minutes. Add lots of levels, objectives, a nice soundtrack, and claim you have depth. Looking at them like that, you'd wonder why anyone would play them. And thinking about it, most genres are core element skeletons with different skins. 2D fighters just have different combos and characters, 2d sidescrolling shooters have different wave patterns, and the list goes on. But somehow, most of them are fun. And at their core, that's all most games are supposed to be: fun. Innovation, sexy graphics, deep storyline (where applicable), and other such perks are nice, but they all fall flat without fun. Hence why even today, old games (hell, like TFC) still draw players. That said, I can't understand the obsession with the Madden games. Blech.

But away from that wall o' text and onto RE4.

Meh. The most I've ever enjoyed a horror game was Fatal Frame, and that was not much. Slow moving things, akward camera angles, dumb puzzles, and obvious scare tactics? No thanks. To be fair though, third-person games of any sort have never been my forté, the only notable games are the MGS series, Prince of Persia, the first couple Tomb Raiders (and apparently Legend, though I haven't played it) and the first Sly Cooper (haven't played any of the other ones).

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Mr FluffyFluf^_^
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 9:08 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

RE4 for the gamecube is superior. Cause it came out like 9 months before the bloody PS2 verson and still had better controlls and graphics than the PS2 verson. The only thing that the PS2 verson really has over the GC verson is the extra Ada mission. And that wasnt really fun to me.