Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  bad night on the sever
Spider Man
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:15 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

As far as change the map from steamroll capital, I should rephrase that as "The majority did not care cuz they stayed silent". But as far as everything else, yes, the majority DID back us BOTH up. And Caboose counts as much as any CfH mamaber.

Last edited by Spider Man on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total

Bonsai
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:18 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

stingersteve wrote:
u can think what u want but i only have a problem with an admin if i see wrongdoing or mis use of abilities i normally never say anything to admins but i have seen u on numerous occasions changing the map to whatever without anyones concent i guess tonight it just got to me finally

every night is always a problem for you, even though you might no show it. you complain every days.

jum, i did say that after i have ask him to stop complaining and badmouthing us.

Last edited by Bonsai on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:21 am; edited 1 time in total

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:20 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Communication on the admins side was poor at best. For some reason Bonsai took it upon himself to change the map from Baconbowl to Blitzkrieg without any vote, and with little regard for others opinions. Yes it is true that Bonsai asked for input from people in the server, and yes there was input. I wanted it to be skipped to well_now, and steve opted to suggest lowering the timelimit so the map would change to well_now. There was one or two meek suggestions but that was it. I think the decision by the admin to change the map to something so random was highly irresponsible. I didn't want that map, and neither others. And tiger is also correct in that Blitzkrieg did empty out the server somewhat.
The steve and Bonsai thing, well....steve pretty much called Bonsai out, and bonsai wan't having it. What steve pointed out was true, and bonsai just seemed to want to shrug it off like it didn't matter. This enraged steve to keep going, and that is essentially how steve got gagged. One party chose not to listen, felt that his decision was best simply because he was put in a position of power, and it made things worse. While I will admit that changing the map did indeed fix the constant steamroll issue we were having at the time, I believe the way it was handled was poor, and I think if people were more willing to listen to each other, then this petty fighting would not have occured or escalated to the height that it did.
Spiderman was right in every regard to how he handled the Apex issue, although in my opinion I think he should have banned him right then and there. He changed his name from an alias to APEXPREDATOR on hellion and started daring Spiderman to do something to him. He changed his name to somehow enstill a sense of fear in him, or some crap like that, and I think it is stupid of Apex to walk around with an attitude of invincibility on his shoulders. He thinks just because he changes his name to a recognizable one, that somehow it completely revokes his previous actions, and all is forgiven, and he is somehow untouchable. This is the complete wrong attitude to have, which is why I really do believe firmly in his being permanently removed from the server. The disgusting and derrogatory names towards Spider were not appropriate in any way shape or form, and the fact that the attacks on Spider were completely unprovoked makes an even stronger case for a ban in my opinion.
Spider, just because people don't speak, doesn't mean they back you up, and that is exactly the case here. The random map was pretty much unnecesary. I could see changing to 2fort, or well, or any well known, but a map as random as blitzkrieg was uncalled for.

Last edited by Torturedevice on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:22 am; edited 1 time in total
bambam
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:20 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Location: Tenn.about 30mins from chattanooga. ever hear of Dunlap?? didnt think so

Quote:
SPIDY:"The majority did not care cuz they stayed silent". But as far as everything else, yes, the majority DID back us up.

Im srry spider but I for one dont belive that
"Being silent" is backing anyone up , but more of just tring to stay out of the argument and play the game

Quote:
TD:The disgusting and derrogatory names towards Spider were not appropriate in any way shape or form, and the fact that the attacks on Spider were completely unprovoked makes an even stronger case for a ban in my opinion.
....AGREED Twisted Evil

Last edited by bambam on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:25 am; edited 1 time in total

tiger
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:22 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Bonsai wrote:
every night is always a problem for you, even though you might no show it.

that completely made no sense
Bonsai
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:26 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

read more than what you cut out tiger.

i appologize that i did something wrong and i wont be doing random map change anymore. and i will be sticking with the rules of the server.

Last edited by Bonsai on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:32 am; edited 1 time in total

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Spider Man
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:30 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

TD once again you've made the smartest, most well thought out post.

The map cahage was ok, but I do agree what it was changed to was probally not the best choice.

As I said, Steve did calm down, and I remove my previous thought of a possible ban on him.

But what got me p1ssed tonight was Apex's shenanigans. If any ony thought I was being hard on any one after that, or that I somehow was abusing adin, you can full understand why.

I appologize if I misplaced my anger, and I do appologize to Steve cuz I think I was misplacing that anger on to him. That, however, does not excuse his attitude toward Bonsai. Steve does seem to complian a lot every time he gets on.

Last edited by Spider Man on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:31 am; edited 1 time in total

stingersteve
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:31 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Bonsai wrote:
stingersteve wrote:
u can think what u want but i only have a problem with an admin if i see wrongdoing or mis use of abilities i normally never say anything to admins but i have seen u on numerous occasions changing the map to whatever without anyones concent i guess tonight it just got to me finally

every night is always a problem for you, even though you might no show it. you complain every days.

jum, i did say that after i have ask him to stop complaining and badmouthing us.

for one i never badmouthed u idk where u keep getting this from i stated the facts on which u were wrong in doing
tiger
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:34 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

bambam wrote:
Quote:
TD:The disgusting and derrogatory names towards Spider were not appropriate in any way shape or form, and the fact that the attacks on Spider were completely unprovoked makes an even stronger case for a ban in my opinion.
....AGREED Twisted Evil

double agreed

and no bonsai. that didnt make sense even with the second part. he complains all the time even though he doesnt verbally or through text show it? then how do you know he is complaining?
Spider Man
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:34 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

stingersteve wrote:
for one i never badmouthed u idk where u keep getting this from i stated the facts on which u were wrong in doing

Telling Bonsai how to administer his admin powers is the same thing as badmouthing him. Especially whe he's administering it to you.

If you think he was wrong, you should have started a thread about it. Admins are the authority, and talking back to them while on the server is not right. If we let you get away with that, we would not be giving a good imppression to the guests that were playing who might one day be part of our guild.

I think Bonsai and I put a good face on the server for those guests tonight (barring a map change to a wrong map), sorry if it was at your expense, Steve. You asked for it.

Last edited by Spider Man on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:39 am; edited 1 time in total

Bonsai
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:35 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I say again i do apologize for what happen tonight.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
stingersteve
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:38 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Spider Man wrote:
stingersteve wrote:

Telling Bonsai how to administer his admin powers is the same thing as badmouthing him. Especially whe he's administering it to you.

WHAT!? lmfao dude no lol u see it is about time someone actually stood up and says when u guys mess up i could care less who goes against me or not but he was wrong and u know it... therefor i pointed it out and i guess the truth really does hurt...and i never told him how to use it i told him what he was doing wrong

Last edited by stingersteve on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Spider Man
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:41 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Read my WHOLE post Steve. Your SELECTIVE hearing is as bad here as it was on the server. Maybe you were trying to let Bonsai know he was in the wrong, however, you did it with cocky attitude. Try pointing out with a cocky attitude to a cop that he's doing his job wrong...you'd be in jail faster than you could blink. RESPECT OUR AUTHORITY! And be respectfull pointing that out we are wrong, and we just might listen.

Bonsai, no need to apologize for anything but blitzkreg_r.

Last edited by Spider Man on Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total

stingersteve
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:43 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Spider Man wrote:
Read my WHOLE post Steve. Your SELECTIVE hearing is as bad here as it was on the server.

Bonsai, no need to apologize for anything but blitzkreg_r.

how do u expect me to read ur whole post when u just recently edited it and added more?
tiger
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:44 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Bonsai wrote:
I say again i do apologize for what happen tonight.

yes perhaps we should have started a thread about it. i wasnt going to really say anything on the server really except for when you just called steve a child. that was wrong and i had to say something. perhaps the way it was brought about wasnt the best, but the origin in which it spawned from, is still right.