View previous topic
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Computers  ~  video card
RS
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:40 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

:/ your decision ... the game looks much better with vsync on at the cost of potential fps. I personally get 85 with vsync on at my current resolution.

tiger
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

yeah that might be the problem, ive gone through a bunch of customization stuff lately. and come to think of it its kinda about the same time. i used teamcolored transparent weapon models, atropheeds textures. custom solly medic. custom conc sprite.

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
tiger
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 3:24 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

ok so i talked to someone about my problem. i got my tfc settings right. i updated to good drivers. and yet i still have an fps problem. im just sick of it, and i dont have the money for another video card. and according to chips video card(exact same as mine), i should be getting great fps. the guy i talked to said my computer ws doing something weird about how it would show up as 2 like in this image...

heres a pic of the properties of both...

he said it shouldnt be both and that possibly disabling one might help the problem. however he said it could be a bad thing too. im tired of playing with crappy fps. i need help! anyone? anything?
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 7:48 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Now I understand your problem...and you're in for a long ride. Shocked

"Omega drivers"...are hacked versions of ATI's own driver releases. Some swear by them...and there's rarely problems for most when running them. They are simply an alternative to ATI's own releases. They are NOT released or supported by ATI. Additionally, I didn't realize you had a Dell machine. The Omega drivers that probably came with your machine originally were SPECIFICALLY MADE FOR YOUR MODEL DELL MACHINE. You probably should have been instructed when you got the machine to get update driver releases from DELL ONLY. That's my understanding of these sort of arrangements.

That said...you have a "combination" of ATI and Omega drivers installed. The process to remove either is completely different...and now they're mixed together.

I recently had problems with my new ATI drivers...and fixing it involved removing the software using "add remove programs", deleting folders and system driver files by hand in safe mode, and editing the registry by hand. Not something for those with a weak stomach. You would really need to do this with "both" driver installs and install ONE version. I would recommend contacting Dell to see if they have a newer driver they recommend.

I am well versed in dealing with ATI drivers...right down to what system files they're comprised of. I can't say I have any experience with Omega drivers...never having used them. But you need to strip out any trace of either...and install a fresh driver set.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Demasu
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 8:02 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/08/01/nvidia_unveils_quadro_plex/

O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O
O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O_O

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger