Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  Suggestion or two
dafinksta
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 7:59 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

I know I have suggested this before, but I am back. I say we remove the bots from the server. They are super annoyign because they block respawns and doors, hold on the flag and run around with it and also have their super aim. If we can't remove them, then at least take it down to 10 instead of 16. And also on heavy OvD maps like schtop or haste, is there any way we can remove them all together? It's annoying to get to enemy's base with only 17 hp left. One last thing, an idea for some map changes. We were on dusk earlier, and sever ppl complained about the map. It's not very fun at all, so maybe we could remove it? Also, some cool maps like bases_r2 or 2mesa3 (or any variations of the remakes) would also be cool. What do yall think?
Falcon
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:05 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

usually there is always a admin on to take care of the bots or lower the count on certain maps, but we've been through this bot thing many times before and they'll always be around...as for dusk i'd be up for changing it, only cause thats the only map i dont tend to play in the rotation, it's just one of those map i dont like. All the rest are good though.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
dafinksta
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

But there's not always an admin on or in IRC, and it's those times that it seems like people really want the bots gone. Oh well, guess I will just have to suck it up :-/
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:53 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I am in the process of fully rebuilding the server. I have some things in mind that I'm testing that might make certain things like players voting on bots possible again...no promises. I've run the server without them before for a short time...no one comes. That's just a fact. I've run them at a lower skill level...the navigate poorly and bot medics just won't heal you. TFC is a dying mod and it's been proven over time that they attract players...not the hard core like yourself...but players in general. I really don't like them either...but I fully understand their purpose and best use.

The map rotations get changed often enough around here that it keeps everyone happy. There are plenty of fans of Dusk...just like there are many who don't like it. You can probably say that about any map in TFC. I doubt there's one map out there that EVERYONE likes...it's just not possible. That map...full of players that understand and enjoy it...is a blast. JMO.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I vote we lower bot count by a few bots, but not totally remove them. As for dusk, I feel it shouldnt be played unless server is full. I do like that map, but with bots on, it ruins it if you ask me

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
Chance!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i love dusk as a map... but it has a bug in it. After the 2nd or 3rd time a team wins, the train doesn't appear(i.e. after detting the bridge(cap point 1), there is no second capture point/button to push)

this becomes extremely annoying... and wipes the server dry.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Nuck Ulsamytch
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:46 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Yeah, we've been through the bot thing several times. I am so down w/ making the bot count perm-10 count.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:20 pm  Reply with quote

Attracting and retaining a player base is what keeps a server alive. The bot count the way it is does two things. It helps keep the servers ranking at a higher level AND it keeps our server in the topmost part of the serverbrowser if peeps sort by players. Both of these are ESSENTIAL to attracting new players and helping to populate the server.

Capeesh Question

Admins are free (with the general concensus of current players) to lower or get rid of them entirely...that's up to them and the situation. In general...they server their purpose the way they're currently set up.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chance!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 12:24 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

IMO the admins are doing an excellent job w/ the bots recently and doing well on being active. For once, i'm willing to say, I'm ok w/ the bot situation as it is. (which, as chips can probably tell you, is quite something, as i have been the one making the most posts about the bot problem from the very beginning)

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:36 pm  Reply with quote

Luckily...that's a pretty rare occurance and would usually only be a problem if a player entered the map well into play. I have increased the time the bots will wait to join the game at the start of a round from 15 to 30 seconds. Anyone on at the time should have no problem selecting the class of their choice.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Fjorn
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

if you ask me, I'll kick the bot so you can try and get the class

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:50 pm  Reply with quote

Fjorn wrote:
if you ask me, I'll kick the bot so you can try and get the class

As any admin should do. Good Idea

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Spider Man
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Whomever waypointed dusk did not even try to get the bots to score until the flag is available. Sure, it might be hard to get them to hit the switch for the train, but the sure can set detpacks. I'm gonna check it out and add a detpack spot for the bots on the bridge. That way demo bots won't hold you up as much.