View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Steam  ~  svc_bad logs
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:49 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Tks.wav Kidani Rolling Eyes

I'll see if I can't figure out what this all means. I've had the server running in "debug" mode for a week now...and it only says player disconnected...like it was a normal disconnect. Doesn't look like anything unusual at all.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
gilliam
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:51 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

steam wrote:
your router is at fault

bull dinky!

jarrett4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:23 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Not sure if any of this is new information or not but I just did some research on this stuff. Apparently that message is given when there is an overload of data being sent from the server, which is why it happens when the server is full more often. The most suggested solution I've found is to remove any unneeded mods off of the server to reduce the amount of data being sent. This is an error that has been around since the steam beta testing and never was resolved apparently, it's fairly random at when it happens and is more prone to happening on certain maps which we already know. Also if it is an overload on the server which causes this, the best way to keep it from happening over and over is to try to tell people not to join back right away after one happens. When the server kicks everyone, most people try to join back right away which creates the overflow of data on the server again, and everyone gets kicked. That could also be the reason of why the kicks stop when people stop rejoining and it gets down to around 12 people or so. The only suggestions I've found to help this problem is to remove any mods you have that aren't being used or aren't necessary. Again not sure if any of this is new info but I hope it can help.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 12:46 pm  Reply with quote

I would think the single biggest drain on resources is Statsme. TBH...the only reason I used it was to easily tell me (and track) how many players have been on the server in any given month...data collection basically. It also handles the "headshot" and other sounds and center says on the server.

Since I do keep weekly stats...perhaps I'll shut this down when I get home tonight. Think about it...it tracks every kill by every player upon that players death. When everyone's booted....it has to initialize EVERY player that's just rejoined and track them. That must take quite a bit of resources. So...this is probably the biggest drain and the most useless (really) of all the mods and plug-ins. There are plug-ins that can handle the "headshot" and other effects.

I'll have to do some thinking. Rolling Eyes

======================================================================

Then again...it could be hardware related. This NEVER happened (and still doesn't) on my home server. Confused

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jarrett4
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:40 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

The only problem with the hardware reason is we just moved to a new server and it still does it. So the only possible answer is either too many mods running, two mods conflicting with each other, or just one crappy mod that isn't agreeing with anything.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Yea I agree with Jar. The box is brand new with nothing else running on it. I dont know maybe it is time to do the remove one mod see how it acts thing. Question

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin