Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Computers  ~  Who thinks I should start up a computers class?

Should I?
Absolutely
40%
 40%  [ 2 ]
Maybe Not
60%
 60%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 5

StaR
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 6:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Okay, I've always offered my help on these threads (well, most of them) bec ause I like computers. I'm 14, so I still do go to school. The problem is that kids today don't care about one of the most helpful and useful items in todayws world, and tomorrow's. Hell, people ask me all the time about computers, many don't know what a CPU is (Central Processing Unit). So I want to create a class at school where people actually learn about the hardware. We already have a Computers class, but it's about how to use WORD (Crappy Class). People got bored of that stuff, but I want to teach about the more advanced stuff.

So, what do you guys think? Should I do it?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:58 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I would recommend doing it, but only if you feel it is something that you will be worth your efforts. There are, of course, a lot of things to consider:
-Is there a real demand for computer teachings?
-Will your school support your lesson plans?
-Will your peers participate willingly and appreciate your teachings?
-Will classes interfere with your normal life (friends, tfc, homework)?
-Who will be your adult sponsor (parent/teacher) and will they offer support, guidance, and mentorship throughout your tenure?
-How many classes would you teach and how long would each class be?
-Will your lessons be just general computing, or would you like to emphasize a bit more on hardware, software, the net...?
Can you possibly get school credit?

I commend you on your insight which allows you to see the deficiences in the technological teachings of your school. Furthermore, your vision sees that there is something that can be done about it. The leadership qualities you are displaying are most admirable. Being a leader may sometimes be demanding, but the rewards for being one most often outweigh any turmoil that may be encountered.
I hope all works out well for you. Good luck.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gilliam
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:00 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i thought i posted to this...
you need to know your stuf really well and be able to help real newbies(never seen a mouse!) and put up with computer idiots(those who have had a computer for a long time and still dont know how to do basic computer things that they have no excuse for not knowing how to do).

CORRAN
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:56 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

What Gill said, its hard to have enough patience to deal with those types.

The Crimson King
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 8:09 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

it depends on what kind of computer tech you want to do. from the sounds of it, you want an A+ class. I strongly reccomend you study this. it would help a lot more if you had a program for it though. if you do, you can have more hands on experience, they sent our school a few free computers to mess with, and you learn to build your own, take it apart, install an Operating System, and troubleshoot it.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger