Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  Petiton To Lower Bot Count!

Do You ...
Agree
60%
 60%  [ 12 ]
Disagree
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
rofl nirv used big words
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 20

Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:11 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I herby suggest thy server shall only have 10 max. The amount of bots at the moment make it unplayable, taking to consideration their skill had been raised, it is 10x better than when they lagged on the old serverm, but also 5x gayer and not fun. The bots totaly take the fun out of the server, so please at least bring the bot count on the server to 10.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

no, doesnt matter how many times you try it. ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN! bots bring in people. people bring publicity. the bots arent leaving. there on the lowest setting possible, you shouldnt have a problem with them nirv.

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:32 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

actually there on lvl 3 they used to be on 1 so like thats not lowest. gg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Source? Proof? GG BEOTCH Laughing

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:33 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Actually...I'd be the source. The bots navigate their waypoints much better and the medics are incredible at healing when at level 3. What I thought was lame was confronting one and having it shoot straight down into the ground. We've been down this road before. Let's run them for a week or two like they are...you'll definitely come out more skilled.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chance!
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

The problem is not coming out more skilled - its that the bots KILL offense. Almost all of us that complain are the type that try playing speedy classes or play offense alot. The fact is when you conc the bots are still gonna shoot you in the air. The solly bots will get airshots on you when you should be easily able to get around them. The HW's will shoot with precise aim as you conc them.
The thing is, 9/10 PEOPLE play D on this server. Add in getting through 5 bots in the yard to get to 3 ppl in the enemy base playing fatty/engi/soldier and a scout doesn't stand a chance, and medics start to have a hard time.

I know recently when on nuck will lower the bot count to 10 - and EVERYONE has fun. When there are bots, theres normally only like 1-2 per team, and they don't effect the flow of the game as much.

There is nothing you can do to get better against stuff that has auto aim. Thats like saying why don't you try to cap a point on an a/d map with 2 demos both with autodet - it ain't gonna happen.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 10:18 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

FlyMoto wrote:
The solly bots will get airshots on you when you should be easily able to get around them. The HW's will shoot with precise aim as you conc them.

I noticed that to, if I were to go to a non-bot server, say jigglypuff's, and i was shot into the air, probably 1 out of 10 of the soldiers would be able to airshot me. The bots when I was playing on crossover2 yesterday, did it like 4 times. I haven't noticed the HW shooting, probably because I don't play medic/scout very often, but i believe what fly said. I vote that we lower bot count.

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
Audhumla
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:05 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

FlyMoto wrote:
Thats like saying why don't you try to cap a point on an a/d map with 2 demos both with autodet - it ain't gonna happen.

or one audhumla

I agree though, a few less bots make for better games. Yeah, lots of bots might bring in more people, but the D scout on ksour Player(2) and afk hw IKILLEVERYONE sort that are attracted to bot-packed servers aren't the kind that are the most fun to play with.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Nuck Ulsamytch
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:56 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I am all for lowering the bot count. Ten players, whether human or bot, provide enough of a challenge for most of the maps we play. When the bot-count is high, and there are only a few humans playing, it's discouraging to go offense when around every corner, the liklihood of running into a wall of accurate-shooting camp-bots is gi-normous. I would prefer to not have to camp in front of the bot base as a demo, HW, or engi and just mow down the bots. Although it can be fun, I would prefer trying to achieve the object of the map. With a 10 bot-count, the game should maintain the equilibrium of a fair match, whether there are few or many human players.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CORRAN
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:06 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I support any decision for the maximum amount of bots since it doesn't bother me any one way or the other. I do support increasing the skill level for bots as chips as done, they were, and still are, too easy to kill.

Chips
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:47 pm  Reply with quote

Since bots follow waypoints (programed spots to navigate), predicting battle areas becomes known after some time playing with them. No bot soldier will lead you and hit you with a rocket as you're blasting by on a conc. If you fudge the conc...yeah, they'll murderlize you. Surprised

It's a different style of play. You need to use the terrain of a map to protect yourself and avoid being seen. Even if a bot has just seen you...if you duck around a wall, it'll stop chasing you. A real human would come get ya. Laughing

I realize there are those that don't like them. That's why the admins here would never outright deny a request to turn them off. I don't like them at all...I never said I did. I do however understand their purpose.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chance!
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 5:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Another bonus: those who get on when no one else is on and pwn bots in their spawn will get less kills and make /rank rank much more possible for everyone to make.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 6:49 pm  Reply with quote

If there were no bots there ... you wouldn't get any kills for /rank anyway. Laughing

At least you can have some lam0 fun. Very Happy

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Monster Man
PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:30 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Lowing the bot count to 10 wont affect the server as much as say for instance, Bill Gates stock going down three hundred points.

Those bots will never be on the server nor care about the server's running.
Monster Man
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Monster Man wrote:
Lowing the bot count to 10 wont affect the server as much as say for instance, Bill Gates stock going down three hundred points.

Good point.

Those bots will never be on the server nor care about the server's running.