Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  Bots

What should be done about the bots?
Get rid of all of them
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Lower the number of bots to 10 (permanent)
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Lower the number of bots to 12 (permanent)
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Lower the number of bots to 8 (permanent)
37%
 37%  [ 10 ]
Lower them for now(10), raise when the server is better
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Lower them for now(12), raise when the server is better
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Lower them for now(8), raise when the server is better
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Keep them as is
11%
 11%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 27

Chance!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:54 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Regardless of whether anything will be done, I've just noticed a HUGE amount of people recently complaining about the bots.

The biggest problem I know I and others have is the bots lag spikes where they end up shooting you 10 times in half a second. I've also COUNTLESS times seen bot scouts go around a corner and cap on dustbowl/magelli/other a/d maps in a split second which can't be stopped. Not to mention their godly aim.

In addition, if there are 12 people on the server, bots will most often go into the yard and just hurt the enemy O, which is especially bad considering 3/4th's of the players on this server play D mostly. Its demoralizing to get into the yard, conc across the yard and get shot by 5 shotty shots that wouldn't hit if they were human, only to get to 5/6 humans on the enemy team on defense. This in combination with the lag spikes of 300+ ping to the entire server makes concing hard enough as is - and offense near impossible on maps it should be relatively easy.

Lastly, the thing i've noticed from the beginning:
All the admins continuously say they'd be willing to kick the bots, but most say there are too few people with 5 humans on each team, and with 6 on each team they start saying there are only 2 bots so there is no point. So bots hardly ever get kicked. Heck - if your worried with it being 5v5 and having people drop, set the bot limit to 10 so we don't have to deal with the spare bots otherwise.

Lower bot limits will also have the bonus side effect of stopping teams from getting so stacked. Since bots even the teams, the auto-assign button when picking a team automatically sends people to blue. So alot of the time when the server isn't packed it ends up 7 blue vs 2 red, or something similar.

I do think it is a good idea to have bots - the number of players attracts players. However when the bots are also pushing people away from the server thats not good either.

My suggestion: Until the new server can be gotten, where hopefully there won't be bot lag spikes or server lagspikes, lower the botcount to 10 or 12.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 11:04 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I HATE the bots. If more bots are on then humans, I wont enter the game. However, if only humans are on, I almost always go in.

jarrett4
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 12:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Honestly I don't have a problem with the bots being on, but I do think the number of them could be lowered a bit. I've always though 14 or 12 would be plenty. Also I'll usually kick the bots if we have at least 10 people playing, more so if there is 12. The only problem I have with kicking the bots with small numbers of people is sometimes right after I kick the bots one or two people leave which makes it like 4v4, which is too little.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chance!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:46 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Quote:
Heck - if your worried with it being 5v5 and having people drop, set the bot limit to 10 so we don't have to deal with the spare bots otherwise.

instead of botcount 0, set it to 10. So if people leave after bots go, you still have bots?

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chance!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 1:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

there is one more option i didn't consider: give many players, in CfH, whom the admins believe won't abuse the power, the power to do the admin_vote commands. but i think just lowering the bot count would be good enough.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
tiger
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 2:37 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i believe that lowering the bot count will help enough, 12 sounds like a good number maybe 10. because with a number like 5, there wont be as many around for you to run into. letting you get to the enemy base with more than 12 health and not forcing you to go spy to get past em, which doesnt always work anyways.

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
RS
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 3:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

10 seems like the magic number to me ... just be prepared to fix it if there arent as many people joining the game

StaR
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Bots = Worse than me
That's saying a lot.

Me: Twisted Evil
Bots: Question

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:34 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

can we stop it with the bots it comes up every month, they are fine. so what if the demo has pure accuracy with the blue pipes, or the solly can air shoot ya, or sometimes the scout blows by u. it doesnt always happen and its part of the game, i deal with it i like the bots. if i came on the server and there was no one on, even bots i wouldnt be on. its no fun playin monkey with four people on and nothin else.

Cauthorn
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:37 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

I'm not overly keen on playing with bots, but I play at times when most people aren't on the server (as I live in England), hence no or very few bots would make for poor game play....
So I'm for leaving them as they are... although I realise I'm in the minority :¬P

kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

arguements have been brought up Several times to try and change the bot numbers or even get rid of them, fact is the bots at 16 bring in the most people. doesnt matter if everyone here said to get rid of them they will be here as long as chips wants to attract more and more people. give up Razz 16 is a fine number. the one and ONLY problem I have with the bots is right after a match when we start the main back up it fills pretty quickly to 20 and the bots are still in there holding the spots; but doesnt take long before there gone.

also bots dont cause the lag... hardly do they even contribute to it.

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
Chance!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:37 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

So far i see 14 which want to lower the bots/get rid of the bots, 3 for keeping them as is.
I personally think lowering them until the server is better is all that is necessary.
I'm just hoping there is a chance i can spark a discussion between the admins.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 12:56 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I hate bots. Bots attract people. The setting they are at now is hardly a challenge to the better players. Hopefully, a fresh install of everything on our new server (coming soon I think), should clear up a lot of bugs.

I know a lot of you prefer the small 2v2 or 4v4 games...I never cared for em and set the bots up to play a well balanced game if humans are even. I've put some thought into which classes leave first...which stay till the end...etc.

This has worked this way for the longest time. What we probably need is some fresh admin blood to help run things. A few of the current admins...I haven't seen in months. They'll be some changes made by the time we get to our new server.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nuck Ulsamytch
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 9:14 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I personally take into great consideration the bot count and teambalance while I am on. I often lower the bot count to fit the amount of human players that are playing. If only a few people are on, it's demoralizing to turn a corner and come face to face w/ a cavalcade of bots over and over. I have found that setting the bot count to 10 if less than 8 ppl are playing offers enough of a challenge for humans to enjoy the game. I'm open to recommendations by players, so if I'm in game, let me know what you prefer.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Monster Man
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Bleh bots. Id go in if there would be 10 bots. How many are there now?

Those bots will never be on the server nor care about the server's running.