Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  Sound Mod
Chance!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:26 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

For some reason, and I know i'm not the only one affected by this, sometimes when on the server(it happened to me during the match tonight too) it will seem like i am using the script you (chips) wrote which lowers the sounds of everything else when someone talks over the mic. I find this terribly annoying - and while i respect how you like to play - i don't like playing like this.
Any idea how I (and the others) can stop this?

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 1:02 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I can always say mute the people if it gets too bad.
Kinda an iffy solution, though.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

This happens to me sometimes too, and it irritates me to no end.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:42 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Well the settings I use that control voice comm are client side...they have nothing to do with the server. Those settings only effect me and are active on any server I play on for the same reason...it's client side. The voice codec on the server...and the quality it's set to, have been the same since day one. I've never changed it nor are there any settings that would cause what's happening to you.

It's probably just one or more people talking at the same time that "drowns out" in-game sound effects. My settings deliberately tone them down...I doubt that's what's happening here. Especially on the main server when playing a match...there are no mods or anything running other than the config set-up required by STA. There's nothing in their config that would cause that either. When all 3 of us are talking on defense...in game effects can be missed...like the priming of a gren. That's why during a match...chat should be kept to an absolute minimum of what's necessary.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chance!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 9:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips, I know i have my special effects turned UP, cuz i like to hear nades well especially, and i could HARDLY hear a nade beeping. I seriously doubt I'm the only one affected - i know gbaby(atleast during prematch) had the same problem on the server. I even tried disconnecting you restarted the match and reconnecting to have the same problem. Bonsai (i think) also said he had problems with this.
It happens no matter who is talking or how many people are talking, which is what makes me believe I am *somehow* (i don't think your purposefully doing this) having your mod effect me.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:23 pm  Reply with quote

Again...it's not a "mod" of any kind. The settings I use for voice command only effect me. Those settings are in "my" config files...not the servers. The day one players configs effect all those on the server...well...none of us would ever be playing this game again.

If you say you have a problem...I believe you. The root of the cause of that problem is unclear to me. I'd be glad to help you test things out...maybe with my home server which uses the exact same settings...except for rates and such.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Americanboy3
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I noticed that too, I have something to try, but I won't be able to until Friday probably. But I think the way to stop this would be to lower the voice receive volume. That might work, but like I said, you can try it yourself, as I probably won't be able to until friday

-"A man tells his stories so many times that he becomes the stories. They live on through him, and in that way he becomes immortal." -Big Fish
Chance!
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:52 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

mind posting your script which does this chips? or what the normal settings are? if so, i'll just include that in each of my class.cfg's and it won't be a problem.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Spider Man
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:31 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Don't know if this is "on topic" but... sometimes when I chat lol(.wav) or any other ones I don't hear anything. Don't know why.

Chips
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:13 pm  Reply with quote

This was the thread regarding "my" voice comm settings...no scripts, just client settings.

http://www.chipsfunhouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2203

Spidey...sometimes lag in general causes that. Also, the sounds will play in your "proximity". If you move even a few feet away on the map...you'll hear the sound behind you...if you hear it at all.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Spider Man
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 3:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Do those sound.wavs originate on every client at their current location in the map? Or do only the players the sound.wav chatter's vicinity hear it?

Chips
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:17 pm  Reply with quote

Spider Man wrote:
Do those sound.wavs originate on every client at their current location in the map? Or do only the players the sound.wav chatter's vicinity hear it?
The sounds work the same for everybody. People wouldn't complain about sound spammers if they didn't hear it too. Laughing

-[CfH]-Server Admin