View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Computers  ~  Computer Problems
AvP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 2:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

My computer seems to be having problems intalling games. I tried to install Halo today and it complained of No Hard Drive Space. Dispite I have about 110 gigs left. Anyone know whats wrong with my computer. Help me before i throw it out the window. (I might be crazy enough to do it too)

"Wow! Brazil is big." —George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
gilliam
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

avp's location(see left) wrote:

i wish i knew so i can run out an catch it... then run off with it and your steam.. and your music.................... and your pr0n Razz

reboot, scandisk, reboot, defrag doesnt help?

Chips
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:51 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Are you sure you're pointing it toward the correct partition? I have 2 hard drives and 5 partitions on them combined. I occasionally install to a drive letter that I didn't mean to. Embarassed

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AvP
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:58 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I know I have plenty of space on that drive letter I had to unistall one of my games which freed up about 5 gigs of space on that drive. Well I called my big brother he built my computer I'll have him check it out this weekend. He can also fix my video card, take one of my two cd rom drives and find out why my internet's been slowing down on me. (My computer hates me for some reason so it creates problems for me for some reason) Mad

"Wow! Brazil is big." —George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
AvP
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:07 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Ok I fixed my CD rom drive but now It won't let me install stuff and shut down without pulling the plug. As well as kicking me out of most of my games (half-life 2, Battlefield 1942 etc). Any suggestions before I use a crowbar on my computer (I would too) Mad

Nummerous people either think that my computer is screwed up or it's possesed by something because everytime something gets fixed something else goes wrong. Evil or Very Mad

fu manchu
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:11 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

<trouble installing games/programs>
I have seen this happen if you Bios has troubles recogizing hard drives >160gig. Check and see if there is a BIOS update for your computer.

<It won't let me install stuff and shut down without pulling the plug>
RAM problems can cause a bunch of screwy symptoms. If possible try new RAM…borrow from a friend or other computer. If you have two or more sticks try removing one at a time and try and recreate the troubles.
AvP
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

It's not the ram I'm haveing my big bro coming over agian to fix this thing agian. He built it he knows how to fix it if it keeps acting up I'm going to demand my money back from him and buy myself a computer pre built. My computer's been acting up since I got it. I had to wipe the hard drive twice and had it repaired so many times it get frustrating. Mad

Demasu
PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 2:59 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Demasu wrote:
Simple and easy solution, download Ad-aware(has a free version, but in this case I'd buy it), Spybot search and destroy(completely free), and AVG(www.grisoft.cz also completely free), AVG was the only website I knew off the top of my head and atm I don't feel like looking up the others. Once you install all those, do a FULL scan with each. AVG will take forever, but it's worth it.

(that works wonders, I had to do them yesterday because something got on my comp and screwed things up, I only noticed because I was getting 300+ pings on any server)

if that doesn't work then
Demasu wrote:
start > run > cmd > format C:\ > y

but before any of those make sure you have the drivers for the thing.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
CORRAN
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Sounds like either a windows issue or a bios issue. But it is difficult to know for certain unless I was there. If all your components work, its most likely software. Reinstall windows, this tends to fix issues. If this problem persists, run through your bios. If at this point its still not functiioning as it should........get a new computer Sad

AvP
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I fixed a few days ago what caused the problems was a few music programs that came with the windows I installed and I'm getting a replacement video card because I recived a defective one so all my problems are fixed now Very Happy

matanui1488
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:37 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Location: The opposite end of a sniper rifle pointed at your head!!

Demasu wrote:
Demasu wrote:
Simple and easy solution, download Ad-aware(has a free version, but in this case I'd buy it), Spybot search and destroy(completely free), and AVG(www.grisoft.cz also completely free), AVG was the only website I knew off the top of my head and atm I don't feel like looking up the others. Once you install all those, do a FULL scan with each. AVG will take forever, but it's worth it.

(that works wonders, I had to do them yesterday because something got on my comp and screwed things up, I only noticed because I was getting 300+ pings on any server)

if that doesn't work then
Demasu wrote:
start > run > cmd > format C:\ > y

but before any of those make sure you have the drivers for the thing.
so you wiped you hardrive is what your saying?
AvP
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Ok a couple days ago my computer started acting up again a long story short I'm done with this computer I'm scraping it and buying one already made not one built by my Big brother so hopefully no more new problems every week. Because the last two weeks were very frustrating got computer fixed new problem comes up, computer fixed new problem comes up etc so hopefully my next computer is problem free.

CORRAN
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 5:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Congrats on getting a new computer.......the only thing to really look out for in prebuilts is what kind of warranty your paying for. In defense of home built computers, they work just as well...it just depends on who builds it Cool .

Chips
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:25 pm  Reply with quote

The problem may not at all be realted to the machine itself. It could be certain software or certain settings in windows that you're using. No matter who built it...it they're fairly reliable parts, it should work as well a a prebuilt.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger