Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 3 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  BaDaCe-Darkapple-TTKTarget
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 6:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Mustang-aM- wrote:
But also keep in mind, you run alot of maps your average tfc'er hasn't seen before and if they advance the flag past a cap point.......most likely its not done on purpose. Everyone has to learn a map. It will take a few times playing it to get accustomed to it's layout. I still play on Chip's server and see new maps and I'm lost for much of the 30 mins.

This is why I never (or rarely) take flag if I don't know where to take it. Especially if someone on my team _does_ know where to take it.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Mustang-aM-
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Chips wrote:
The autojoin option only really works well at the start of a map. If you come in later in the round, it can't tell the difference between humans and bots and will likely put you on a team with the most humans. Thus, leaving the teams unbalanced in a human to human ratio. Some players are REAL offended by unbalanced teams. If one person got on you, sorry bout that. Member or not...no one should harass another player for any reason.

I bet I can guess who it was too. Cool

We've tried friendly fire before...for obvious reasons, it was a disaster. Confused

Ya I can see how that can be a pain. I have ran many servers over the years but never really got into the whole bot thing. So I really dont know how they work within the server configuration. So having said that, do you have the option to assign each bot to 'red' or 'blue' and if so.. couldnt you take your total bot # and assign 1/2 to each side then whenever someone joins they will auto assign to the side that is uneven? Furthermore, I was only harassed under alias, once I went to my regular name....like I said earlier everything was A-OK. You may guess who it is, but out of respect I won't be confirming any certain member. It was no biggie to me. Just stating the obvious, there seems to be favortism played when it comes to known players vs unknowns.

Personally I like friendly fire..........since all leagues require it in their config its more realistic and helps with overall team play which in turn will strengthen your playing ability for matches. Now this may not be important to the average pubber who never has clanned before so I'm sure alot like the 'no friendly fire' Plus the bots screw things up all the time so I guess not having friendly fire is the only option. But omg the spam gets ridiculous sometimes and I sure wished it was turned on Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:19 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Dark Applepolisher wrote:
This is why I never (or rarely) take flag if I don't know where to take it. Especially if someone on my team _does_ know where to take it.

I agree with this, unfortunately there are plenty of guys who dont think that far ahead or just dont think. Hence you will find most pub servers with alot of guys who either just started learning to play aka NOOBS like 'RS' or guys who know how to play the game right but chose not to Sad

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

If it was me (i complain about uneven teams alot) i'm sorry... normally I complain when teams are horribly uneven(very often i find 7 humans vs 1-2, which makes for an extremely unpleasent experience for the 1-2, even if they have bots).
If it wasn't, oh well!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
RS
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

stang ... why am i always the object of your affection Razz it must be because of my extreme sexyness

btw your sig need re-doing Razz mind if i make you one some time?

RS
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Another thing ... there could possibly be a way in which to write an auto assign plugin that assignes players to the team with the lowest ping when joining. I'm not sure if this would even work because of the fact that a plugin doesnt already exist for such a simple concept.

Falcon
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:19 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

FlyMoto wrote:
If it was me (i complain about uneven teams alot) i'm sorry... normally I complain when teams are horribly uneven(very often i find 7 humans vs 1-2, which makes for an extremely unpleasent experience for the 1-2, even if they have bots).
If it wasn't, oh well!

I'm the same way and i was gonna make a thread about this uneven teams stuff before, i held back (cause of my siggy), but i've personally have been seeing this alot lately (uneven teams, human to human ratio). It's been like 7:2, 7:3, 4:1, 5:2. Like Fly i really dont like it too much when the teams are uneven human-wise. Thing that gets me is sometimes when i request for the teams to be even, they dont even them...even CfHers...I've told Jarrett about this before but i dont kno if anything or something can be done about this...?

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Mustang-aM-
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:33 am  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

I agree with all of you on uneven teams.....I hate to play 1 or 2 humans vs 7 or 8...pisses me off actually.....but few nights ago I joined server and was auto assigned I didnt pay any attention to ratios I just picked a class and started playing.......but I was singled out when there were 2 or 3 who joined after me making it more uneven. Mainly I was singled out due to being aliased and nobody recognizing me.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:35 am  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

And RS I <3 you Razz and yes my sig is out dated. That was my 1st attempt making sig for myself over a year ago. So yes I need to take the time and do another or you could always make me 1 Smile Just as long as its not whack like yours LOL

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:54 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Or you could not be as lazy and just press "tab" to see which team has the least humans, or the team that is losing? that's what i try to do

Fjorn
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:37 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

wanting even teams is all fine and dandy, but the people who have a cow because someone left and the teams are 8-6 or something, or when the teams are rather unbalanced, like 9 vs 3.... and the 3 are beating the pants off the 9 and yet the 3 complains about uneven teams, and throw a fit about it... And finally, I don't know why this ever comes up, but if the teams are 9-7 or whatever and you are on the 9, don't complain about uneven teams, just switch!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
ApexPredator
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Wow you guys are still whoring out my post? Surprised Man does anyone even remember why I posted this? Woowhee....41 replies so far...man do I feel special Razz me loves some Medieval Cow Good Idea bennyhill.wav

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:43 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Here's #42, just so I can get my post count up. Neutral

Dont mistake my kindness as a sign of weakness!!!!
Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin
medieval-cow
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:32 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

w00t! bennyhill.wav rulez0rz!!!!!oneeleven Very Happy *hugs apex*

RS
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 1:47 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

meh New sig coming up