Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  BaDaCe-Darkapple-TTKTarget
medieval-cow
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:42 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I'm just too lazy to use an alias... if i ever end up changing my name, i have a key bound to change it back to -[CfH]-MeDiEvAl-CoW... kinda sad eh?

anyways... my honest opinion:
team shooting = wrong
sniper with flag = wrong
treating players differently because they're not part of CfH = wrong

If a sniper has the flag, i think he should just run it up as far as possible with the team doing the killing, not having the sniper stalling and shooting.

If a player has the flag and is not moving fast with it, team shooting will not necessarily get him/her to move faster, in fact usually what I've found in my countless years of playing TFC, it makes them get mad and shoot you back, which is stalling the flag even more.

kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:48 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Falcon wrote:
i only change my name sometimes just to see how CfHers react to a decent player w/ some skillz...but as fly said, everyone should be treated the same no matter if ur admin, cfh, reg, new player, etc...

The only people that should get special treatment are the old fogies, because sometimes their minds drift off and they dont kno whats goin on lol Laughing Razz Cool

well maybe if you had some skill we wouldnt treat you like crap Razz Laughing

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
ApexPredator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:13 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Laughing Laughing Laughing Sorry Falcon...but that was some major pwnzage by Kibbs!!! HAHAHA!!! And Kibbs Gods...I hope you dont take me serious about the aliasing thing...the biggest reason I do change my name is because in the past when I show up as ApexPredator all I get is groans and gripes...kinda hard to live down a reputation as a drunken bastard idiot drama queen Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:05 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

ApexPredator wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing ..kinda hard to live down a reputation as a drunken bastard idiot drama queen Embarassed
just quit the drama queen part Razz Razz

RS
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

slow moving flag carriers just gives me more time to own up defense while I wait?

medieval-cow
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Always look on the bright side of life
do do do do do do do do do do Very Happy

Demasu
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I was going to say something to that cow, but that only proves that I need to f***ing sleep for the next 3 days to wipe my mind. O_O >_>

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ApexPredator
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:05 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Hey Cow...just always remember...as long as I can use HLSS and have winamp...you will always get the Southpark song from me.... Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

ApexPredator wrote:
kinda hard to live down a reputation as a drunken bastard idiot drama queen Embarassed

Not to throw fuel on the fire, but doesnt starting this kind of thread under an alias only underline the drama queen thing?

(Drunken Bastards are a must for any successful server, we have like 8.)

RS
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 12:59 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I say we ban all 4 of them Very Happy

<3

medieval-cow
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:05 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

yay! how abuot the benny hill song apex? Very Happy

ApexPredator
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:03 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Oh yha you betcha Cow!! Benny Hill is da |337!! I get that up for ya next time....and caca, tee-tee, and poopoo on you Squirrell You cant get us banned!! What other server would tolerate such wackiness and slapstick humor we provide? Right guys?? Idiots unite!!!! Good Idea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:37 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Location: I don't know, but all the men seem to shower together here...

Ok. A sniper having flag is not wrong. In fact I'd rather let the sniper have the flag take out the sgs/enemys then move forward on a A/D map. If the sniper does this atleast there is less of a chance for the flag to get dropped around 4 sg's 4 hw's 4 solly's and 4 demo's (this is exaggeration since people don't know how to distinguish exaggeration). O btw any of your comments towards me are nullified by my being illiterate.

Mustang-aM-
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Hmmm I've experienced 1 episode of being treated totally different under an alias.....not that I join the server aliased often but 1 day last week I did alias and got basically jumped on for joining the server and playing whatever side the server decided I should be playing on. Repeatedly called an idiot for this, and explained I didnt chose.....the server did, and still was called an idiot and this person didnt care why I was on the side I was on...that I was an idiot for being there. Not going to name names......but it was a CfH member and once I went to my regular name everything suddenly was cool. I have much respect for everyone in CfH so I made no issue of this incident. But I will concur that it appears not everyone that joins the server is treated with the same respect and consideration as others.

As far as certain classes not taking the flag. Easy fix....Friendly Fire=NO. I guarantee alot of that random spamming that takes no skill at all will quickly decrease. But you will always have those idiots that will tk on purpose so to fix this.......make a 7 tk = 15min ban from server. Alot of servers run a 3tk ban....but on alot of these maps......you will have accidental tk's, which is why you set the # higher.

1 last thought......keep in mind you have an open pub server so if you want peeps in it playing, you will see your share of noobs so you will always have to deal with this. But also keep in mind, you run alot of maps your average tfc'er hasn't seen before and if they advance the flag past a cap point.......most likely its not done on purpose. Everyone has to learn a map. It will take a few times playing it to get accustomed to it's layout. I still play on Chip's server and see new maps and I'm lost for much of the 30 mins. Eventually if the map stays in the rotation I do learn it and so will all the others who join the server to pub with you all.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:30 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

The autojoin option only really works well at the start of a map. If you come in later in the round, it can't tell the difference between humans and bots and will likely put you on a team with the most humans. Thus, leaving the teams unbalanced in a human to human ratio. Some players are REAL offended by unbalanced teams. If one person got on you, sorry bout that. Member or not...no one should harass another player for any reason.

I bet I can guess who it was too. Cool

We've tried friendly fire before...for obvious reasons, it was a disaster. Confused

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger