Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  BaDaCe-Darkapple-TTKTarget
ApexPredator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:28 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Bad Idea Big fat jeers goes out to Badace and Darkapple for repeatedly teamshooting me when I was carrying the flag on Cove map last night...so I wasnt bunnyhopping or suicide running up there just so someone else could have capped it...and NO I was NOT just holding it!...I was actually sniping out the defense then trying to move my way up...Gives you no right either one of you to teamshoot and carry on the way you were...shame on you both!!..you know better!! Big hugs and kudos however to TTK-Target (just and benevolent admin in spec at the time) that was able to see all this and try set things straight and made sure that Badace and Apple understood the rules of the game. ^5 Good job Target...you know you always get my love!! You a real credit to the admins here Good Idea Oh and one more thing Apple and Badace...that was me "Bucky" as if you hadnt figured it out yet...dont ever assume because that Im not always liked by everyone...the ones that do like me DO hear my complaints Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 1:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

you were a sniper.... dont take the flag, you were a sniper and not moving thus you were holding it being detrimental to your team.. also stop aliasing yourself to cause problems. I have seen this on many occasiasions

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
TTK-target
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Actually, Apex (Bucky) was a sniper, a member of the Blue team, and advancing the flag toward the cap point. As I recall, a team is more than one or two players who like to score alot of caps by themselves.

It is a game remember, and not a competition of how many times Nirvana, Kibbles, Badace, or Apple can cap a flag in 30 minutes of map rotation. Just because you play Offense all of the time doesn't mean you should get to monopolize the flag all of the time. I'm not saying your not good players, you're some of the best. Would it hurt so much to let a few of us who love the game and want to learn have the flag once in a while (Like Me)?

In my opinion, Apex (Bucky) was well within his rights last night. While stopping every so often - briefly - to snipe an opponent, he advanced the flag toward the goal. He was not holding it, running the other way with the flag, or dropping it and not telling everyone else where it was.

Please remember to try to have some fun out there, it's a game....

Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:43 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Heh, can't believe you posted this, I thought Target got it all resolved ingame.
Just so you know, I knew it was you 3/4 of the way through the game (well after the incident.) I noticed you were acting like a regular, so I googled your Steam ID and your name popped up.
To be honest, I don't really care who carries the flag just so long as they don't move slower than a fattie towards the cap. I can't believe how long I saw you just strafing left and right with flag while there were 3 soldiers around you waiting for the flag. So just as a bit of advice to anyone, if you plan on taking the flag as sniper, you _better_ advance quickly with it instead of waiting half a minute trying to get that "perfect shot" or whatnot.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:08 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Seems to me we're getting into the realm of what different players see as "expected" behavior. Snipers "should not" carry flags in general...that's typically not their purpose in the game. But again, that's what's "expected". That doesn't meant they "can't".

There are many "unwritten" rules to this game we all love. A/D maps in general...are all about rocket and pipe jumping...mostly. You rarely see scouts and medics capping and the reverse is true of CTF maps. A/D maps have certain "unwritten" rules of their own...like, don't advance a flag past a jump point. It will make it harder for your team to cap. So...a slow moving sniper who ends up dying in the wrong place could be seen by some as play detrimental to the team. That's how some would view it...not all.

Me personally...I would never touch a flag on an A/D map as sniper. But, that's me...anyone else is free to play the way they choose. This IS a pub. If I were to inadvertantly pick up a flag as sniper...I may even ASK my teammates to shoot me further up. But if a player asks you to stop team shooting...you had better do so...no matter what the conditions. So, Apex (and anyone else) is free to play the game here as they choose without being harassed. A players choice of class and how they play it is up to them...even though it may not be the most usefull for their team.

Apex was doing nothing wrong...and I can also understand the other players actions. Love.wav

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chance!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:41 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I think its rude to take the flag as sniper and snipe the enemy(on a A/D map), however I don't believe it was right for them to teamshoot you in return. A/D maps are all about advancing the flag whenever however possible(jumps *normally* be being the best way, i think chips worded this part well, its also fine to actually move the flag backwards as long as you don't move it past the jump points). As long as you were advancing the flag thats cool... but just pushing the limits of others really isn't cool, especially when it seems like your doing it just to push others buttons.
While you are right Apex, that doesn't stop it from being a rude thing to do.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Spider Man
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

as far as capping goes...on 2fort and some other CTF maps I don't even like capping, but if I get the flag, I'll take it to my battlesments and toss it, and let someone else cap. Actually I think it's funny to toss it to a sniper near the cap. Some times they don't even know they have it!

kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I wont argue the fact that he wasnt doing anything wrong but, I just like to warn ANYONE if you take the flag on an A/D map and your not moving prepare to have people shooting you to get your ass moving.

Falcon
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:58 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

FlyMoto wrote:
I think its rude to take the flag as sniper and snipe the enemy(on a A/D map), however I don't believe it was right for them to teamshoot you in return. A/D maps are all about advancing the flag whenever however possible(jumps *normally* be being the best way, i think chips worded this part well, its also fine to actually move the flag backwards as long as you don't move it past the jump points). As long as you were advancing the flag thats cool... but just pushing the limits of others really isn't cool, especially when it seems like your doing it just to push others buttons.
While you are right Apex, that doesn't stop it from being a rude thing to do.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
ApexPredator
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

kibblesnbits wrote:
also stop aliasing yourself to cause problems. I have seen this on many occasiasions

Hey Kibbs....simply put....I went a full 2-3 maps with that same name Bucky and was not causing any problems...if you specifically have a problem with me using any other name besides ApexPredator while Im in a game...then you take it up with the big cheese o-tay...unless of course the name ApexPredator just strikes terror into your heart...then of course out of courtesy will I be sure not to use that around you. Razz I sure find it hilarious how much effort someone will take out of a game to go and Google my ID just to find out who I am...wow...I love the infamy..think I'll come up with some more names. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:11 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

*sigh* it is JUST a game... although i do find it annoying when the flag is being carried by someone slow, if that happens, you know what i do?

I GET OVER IT and go frag some enemies, make it easier perhaps for that slow person to get it? after all it is TEAM fortress! play as a TEAM!

Don't team shoot, it's annoying. If the flag carrier wants to do it all on his/her own, he/she can do that and will most likely die, then the flag is yours for the taking!

It's surprising how far a bit of patience will get you.

(i disagree with both the things being discussed in this thread)

kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:26 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

http://www.chipsfunhouse.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1398&start=0

read that, aliasing only causes problems and you know it.. I know it.

I also disagree with cows disagreance? Razz

If a sniper is holding the flag and just trying to shoot someone that is being detrimental towards his team. and thats against the rules.

Chance!
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 12:39 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I disagree with aliases being an issue. CfH members should be treated to the same rules a public person is. Someone using an alias should not make any difference in how they are treated.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:08 am  Reply with quote

I typically treat the public players far better than the regs. Laughing

This was about team shooting a slow moving sniper w/ flag...not aliases. Anyone's free to use any name they want. Just seems to me things go smoother around here when we don't hide our known identity from each other.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Falcon
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:22 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i only change my name sometimes just to see how CfHers react to a decent player w/ some skillz...but as fly said, everyone should be treated the same no matter if ur admin, cfh, reg, new player, etc...

The only people that should get special treatment are the old fogies, because sometimes their minds drift off and they dont kno whats goin on lol Laughing Razz Cool

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin