Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Computers  ~  New video card, and problem with steam?
Gorlac
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 11:30 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Hey, in one of the recent posts from a forum member named Paul said he was giving up TFC, well I have an answer for him (if this is his case) and how to get his game to work.

Well, this similar problem has happened to me when I installed my video card.

First question. When you try to load TFC, does it say "Launching Team-Fortress Classic" and then just close?

If it does, I know the problem. You need to install either Day of Defeat, or Half-Life: Blue Shift. When you launch one of those, you need to go to options>video> and set your video options, and change it to OpenGL.

For some reason, the video card changes the thing from OpenGL to something else, and screws with your video settings. Anyways, after you do that, try to load TFC and see if your problem goes away. If it does not go away, then you need to open Steam, My Games, and find your Team-Fortress Classic icon in there.

Once you have done that, right click on Team-Fortress Classic and on the Tab list, go to General, and look on there for a option called Set Launch Options and click that. From there, you will see a blank field, and you will need to add -dxlevel 90.

After you have done that, you will need to create a short-cut on your desktop. Right click on the TFC icon, and click on the option on the tab bar called, "Shortcut on the field called target add this to the end of the texts -applaunch 240. Then try running the game. If it works, go to the video options, and set everything how it should.

-Mario