View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Half-Life 2  ~  rp_evening_of_the_deceased
DaMaN
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:59 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Greetings everybody! What time of the year is it? That's right! It's Halloween! So, i've busted my ass to bring you:

rp_evening_of_the_deceased

Here's the readme file:

(This is supposed to be a tombstone below, but the spaces screwed up on the server)

| ~=Deceased =~ |
| |
| |
| A Role-Play map |
| |
| ...with Zombies. |
__|________________|__
| |\ /| |
/\/\^/\^/\^^/\/\^/\^/\/\^/\

====================================

Map by: DaMaN
Email: Da_HL_MaN@yahoo.ca

Playtesting: DaMaN and random people off of Valve's Servers
Prefabs used:
Source SDK Prefabricated Buildings
by: ts2do
Civilian Vehicles
by: DaMaN
Inspiration Sources: Dawn of the Dead, Shaun of the Dead, and Rickler
Compiled by MeDiEvAl-CoW's computer, because mine overheats and crashes.

=====================
Installation and run instructions:
=====================
1. Unzip this archive and place rp_evening_of_the_deceased_01.bsp into your maps folder:
For example:
C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\YourSteamUserID\half-life 2 deathmatch\hl2mp\maps\
2. Launch Half-life 2 Deathmatch.
3. Create a new server or join an existing server of the map rp_evening_of_the_deceased_01.bsp
4. Kill Zombies.

=========
Background:
=========
A classic zombie-style map, based off such movies as "Dawn of the Dead", "Shaun of the Dead", and other zombie thrillers.

The game takes place in a series of abandoned city blocks; a sprawling urban area. Shops and stores are deserted, buildings are burning,
people are dying. It's a living hell.

You are a survivor or group of survivors who must band together to survive the onslaught of undead. Your friends have become
brain-eating zombies before your eyes, your enemies have tried to hunt you down, and the world is in chaos. Now you must survive.
Utilize whatever means neccecary. It's Life or Undead out there.

=============
Game Information:
=============
The game is based around a series of city blocks, with numerous buildings and houses, whose doors and windows can be
quickly improvised into defences. There are also many secret areas, which may prove difficult to get to.A few weapons
are scattered about, but ammo is scarce; make every bullet count.

Both teamplay and deathmatch modes are supported, though teamplay is reccommended for obvoius reasons.

The zombies will spawn at certain points in the city, and will seek out and destroy anything living that they can find. For
performance and gameplay reasons, only the fast zombie was included.

The goal of the game is to last for 30 minutes. At the end of that time you will recieve a congradulatory message and the
server will automatically restart the map. If you can manage to make it through the entire 30 minutes without dying once
(or cheating), email a demo of it to me and I will email you back an official "1337 Zombie Killer" picture you can put as
a background and one you can use as a forum signature. (My email is: Da_HL_MaN@yahoo.ca)

If you do not wish this to happen, (IE, you want to keep playing forever) enter the following into the server console:
sv_cheats 1
ent_fire serverme kill
And if neccecary (if no zombies are spawning):
ent_fire zombie_zone_1 enable
ent_fire zombie_zone_2 enable
ent_fire zombie_zone_3 enable
ent_fire zombie_zone_4 enable

All of the weapons avaliable in deathmatch should be included in the map, but most are very carefully hidden.
Look around, explore, and try not to get eaten by zombies.

===========
Errors and Bugs:
===========
There are most likely more bugs than those listed below; the map has been thrown together on short notice with duct-tape, so
don't expect utter perfection. If you find an error not listed here please email me at Da_HL_MaN@yahoo.ca.
- For some compiler reason, no player will be able to pick up any ammo until an item_item_crate is found and broken open. (Don't ask)
- Sometimes the fast-headcrabs spawning off a dead fast zombie will not do any damage. This is because the AI has been manually wired
into the map, (as deathmatch AI is normally unsupported by Valve), which causes problems like these to arise.
- A few of the 'secret' areas are inaccessible by zombies. Again, no love from the AI. Please don't exploit them too much.Wink

Enjoy, and have fun killing zombies!!
-DaMaN

To download, click on the attachment below:
http://www.role-play.us/forums/index.php?act=Attach&type=post&id=6794

-DaMaN

P.S. Screenshots to follow in next few posts

P.S.2 Sorry it's comming out a little late, i originally had it done a week ago but there were a few serious compiling errors, resulting in the player being unable to pick up ammo. So, now you have to find an ammo box, break it open, and then you will be able to pick up ammo normally. (Sometimes it may require waiting ontop of the ammo for a few seconds). Don't ask why. It's one of those great mysteries of life... (Either that or i really screwed something up Wink ).

Last edited by DaMaN on Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:06 am; edited 1 time in total
DaMaN
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:01 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Screenshots:

More screenshots to follow:

-DaMaN
DaMaN
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:02 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

More screenshots:

Happy Halloween!!

-DaMaN
Chips
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:37 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I'll play test this on my HL2DM server later today. If all goes well...I know how some of us can spend Halloween. Very Happy

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:02 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

that is SWEEEEET. zombies rock

-EDIT-
tried it, awesome map. still has a lot of bugs to work out, but it's pretty fun. it certainly gives you a rush when 5 or 6 of those fast zombies are running after you.

Last edited by The Crimson King on Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:38 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I will so be up for this!!!!! I rule at killing zombies both in games and in real life! Keep me updated on this. Good Idea

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
The Howling Man
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:40 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Don't listen to CC- he's actually a flesh-starved zombie himself.

I always keep a rocket launcher in my pants for when I come across zombies when wandering the streets at night. Everyone knows rocket launchers are the only decent weapon against zombies RL.

Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:13 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Peshawwww Everyone knows that zombies only dodge Rockets like birds fly. If you want to take them down there is only one way A sword. Samurai sword is the best but any sword will get the job done. Good Idea Very Happy

-[CfH]-Server Admin
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

ummm... no?

how bout a good ol' boomstick?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
medieval-cow
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:26 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

or a baseball bat.... anything blunt and long =) perhaps even a crowbar or monkeywrench

Awesome map, DaMaN! 73h z0mb!3z @|23 73h 1337z0rz!!!!!!1!!1!11!!!!eleven!!one1

oooo or what about just running them over with a tractor or a bus? =D
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

bus sounds like fun. steamroller is even better Very Happy
nothing beats a good shotgun though.

Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:22 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Well you cant go wrong with a good old fashioned shotgun but you must use Buckshot or bird shot not that slug crap. Bird shot =Tiny balls at once and makes a bigger mess like an exploding head. Slug= well a slug and just a hole no explosion. Bad Idea

But a sword never runs out of ammo as well.

See i have my zombie attack all planned out already. First step get the ax from the shed and chop up the stairs so zombies cant get me in my second floor apartment. Second secure my cat in a backpack and grab my gun and sword!!!!! next stop Wal Mart for ammo and then on to my parents house for more guns and my parents. Plus my father has a crack shot for aim so he can easly take care of himself if needed. Good Idea

had to edit: also grab my MP3 player for some zombie slaying music!! Good Idea

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Demasu
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I'd do he same as CC, except for the going to parent's part, I'd also grab our crowbar

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 12:22 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well i already have the gun with some ammo but the sword would be my primary weapon of choice. It also helps that there is a Wal-Mart right down the street from my parents house so kinda like two birds with one stone thing, plus the fact that my father would have my back. Good Idea Now Transportation is a tough one but i do belive I would take my lincoln town car beacuse of the large space it has for carrying people and ammo as well, plus its a friggin tank!!!! Very Happy

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:21 pm  Reply with quote

I'm so sorry I didn't get a chance to try this out sooner...it would have been great for Halloween.

I ran this map the other night on my home server...it was a blast. Laughing
At first...I was just walking around some buildings and didn't see much. All of a sudden, I saw pain sprites and turned around and saw this zombie wacking at me. A few others were running at me from the distance.

I found the crowbar far easier than most weapons I had in getting rid of them...although, you still take damage. I only ran it for about 20 minutes but really enjoyed it. I found some weapons and ammo in the surrounding buildings...but again, found my trusty crowbar to be most handy.

For those in the mood...perhaps I'll run HL2DM this coming Friday. Maybe just this map...it's much fun. Good Idea

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger