Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Internet Tech  ~  ATTN: Web site Help!
matanui1488
PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:55 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Location: The opposite end of a sniper rifle pointed at your head!!

Hi guys this thread is actually for a friend of mine he's doing a marketing about e-comerce. This project requires web page and they want it to have forums and an instant chat room on top of it all. If anyone can create a mock up and or a site supplier that could help us it would much appreciated by me and my friend thnks.
Very Happy Very Happy
matanui1488
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:17 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Location: The opposite end of a sniper rifle pointed at your head!!

well does anyone have any ideas?
Chips
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:49 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Yes...I have plenty of ideas. All of which would take several hours of time...I imagine that's why no one else posted.

A simple web page like www.chipsfunhouse.com ... took about 15 minutes to do...IF you know HTML. If you don't, you could use something like Frontpage or something similar to create it easily. Hosting such a simple web page could be done on numerous free hosting sites out there.

Forums however, are different. There are some sites out there that let you create and host forums for free...although, I've never tried or used any of them. Our forums here...require a host that will allow you to also create a database that you have to administer. This is a service I pay for and I'm responsible for it's setup and maintenance. Additionally, there are several modifications and add-ons to these forums that I chose and installed myself. Everyone's forums are different in that they can be customized...very few are exactly alike.

I know there are several sites out there to make and host chat rooms. Although again, I've never tried or used any of them. We do have a java based IRC applet that runs on the CfH site...but that would involve also creating a room on an IRC server...an additional step.

So...what you're looking for is all of the above which would take research on your part to determine exactly what YOU would need for your project. The things you're looking for are out there...some are free...some are not. Be prepared to pay for hosting if you don't want to deal with rules and banner advertising that would not fit your needs.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger