View previous topic
Page 8 of 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Other Games & Mods  ~  World of Warcraft
bambam
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Location: Tenn.about 30mins from chattanooga. ever hear of Dunlap?? didnt think so

im LvL 32 with my war.

had the game a lil over a month..155 hrs game play Confused

bambam
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 2:12 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Location: Tenn.about 30mins from chattanooga. ever hear of Dunlap?? didnt think so

I HIT LVL 40!!! quick someone mail me 100g so I can get my mount!!!!!!!!!!!
mail to: Dementor

Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 10:10 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Dont you have like a kid to take care of?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 11:44 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Nerve-ana wrote:

That'd fetch at least 1000 gold.

Foxtrot
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:32 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
Nerve-ana wrote:

That'd fetch at least 1000 gold.

Can you whore your body in the game?
rage
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:17 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

yes... u can. ive seen someone say meet me at the inn and ill sleep with u for 5 silver.... sad day

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:43 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

rage wrote:
yes... u can. ive seen someone say meet me at the inn and ill sleep with u for 5 silver.... sad day

Must be a RP server.

bambam
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 7:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Nerve-ana wrote:

yea and when i have her I spend all my time with her..but thats only 1 1/2 days a week....that leaves 5 1/2 more days...now go get wasted or drunk or somthing Mad

Chance!
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:05 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i PUSHED myself... got my priest to lvl 10 and gave up on it... and then my trial version died. boring game... i don't know how people waste their life playing it.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 10:46 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Level 10 on one character is not enough for your opinion to be considered a valid view on the game. Try again when you've gotten a couple level 15+ characters of varying classes.

That and priests aren't recommended for a starting class when playing the game unless you plan on becoming a healbot; unless you spec Shadow, in which case you become a Warlock in denial.
bambam
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 12:37 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

I have to agree with Anshin. After all it only takes 4 or 5 hours at the most to get to LvL 10 with any character.

Chance!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:42 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

#1 - I hated most everything about the game. From how long it takes to level up, to the great distance you have to run to get and do ANYTHING, to how redudant the quests are. Different versions of 'go kill x monster and get x item that they drop' or 'go talk to x person in y city (that is far as hell away)'
#2 - It took me a good 10 hrs(as I don't power level, and I explored ALOT) to get to lvl 10. I also mainly only did quests... very little outside of quests.
#3 - I chose priest because healing is my favorite thing to do in RPG's. My favorite character, by far, in Guild Wars is my monk(and monks can do little outside of healing), so if anything could have enticed me to this game, it is healing.
#4 - The fact that i'm trying to beat out other people who are trying to do the same quest as me and kill the same monster(s) and i'm waiting 3 minutes for things to respawn.

Things I know I would hate if I kept playing:
#1 - it taking forever to level again - I want to level decently fast. Spending all of my time killing things doesn't sound like fun. I don't want to spend 20+ hours to try out a new character, just to find out I don't like it at all, or whatever skills I was planning on using don't work as I hoped.
#2 - the pvp system, from what i've heard, is crap compared to that of guild wars
#3 - the game is VERY gear-dependant, making what you wear the likely the most important thing

-[CfH]-Server Admin
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 11:52 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

If you think priest is gear dependent, play a warrior. Man, trying to keep up with other warriors that played 24/7 was pointless.

Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:02 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

You still haven't shown anything in terms of diversity and actually trying the game. So you played a priest to level 10. Big deal, I did too.

I can understand the questing. Having two level 60 mages and a level 33 rogue, questing does indeed get boring, but the diversity of playing another class or race entices me to play through again. Sure; going to location X to kill mob Y to collect item Z is repetitive, but then again, EVERY game gets repetitive at some point, it's just a matter of time.

The PvP system is fairly well done. Sure, it's not 100% balanced because of the amount of classes and diversity in level and gear; like most MMOs are. Guild Wars perfected this technique as an Online RPG, not a MMO. The focused on keeping the PvP and classes balanced; but at the cost of diversity within the gear, level, and amount of race/class combinations. I admit that I enjoy Guild Wars, but the lack of content can't keep interest.

They gear dependency, heh. Priests aren't nearly as gear dependent as people think they are. At end game, almost every piece of gear that's cloth has both +damage and +healing on it, or just +healing on it, making priests the preferred takers of loot, unless all said priests have better gear. Priests get gear like no other.

Play a druid, they can heal too; and they can also solo their way to 60 no problem. Shaman? Same deal, but they also get this neat little thing called a totem. Great for combat and healing, especially healing in end game. Paladins? More like healadins, plate wearing healers that never die.
Chance!
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Quote:
but the diversity of playing another class or race entices me to play through again

Quote:
at the cost of diversity within the gear, level, and amount of race/class combinations

Guild Wars offers 10 different classes, which you can combine together to make combinations. Gear and level only further the difference between those that can devote their lives to the game and those that cannot. A casual player of WoW will *never* come close to one who plays all the time, while in GW, they can easily get near/on level with the person who plays all the time.

I was not claiming priest to be gear dependant, as I don't believe i was far enough in the game to truly judge that. I posted that under the things about the game i've heard, from people who play the game and both love it and hate it.

Quote:
EVERY game gets repetitive at some point, it's just a matter of time.

The reason most games get repetitive is that once you play a game long enough, you get used to what the computer will do. It becomes easy to out-smart a computer. Your statement, however, is 100% false about pvp. PvP adapts and changes over time. New strategies, skill combinations, ect. all come into play. Therefore, when looking for a game, I look for one that has great, balanced, pvp(i.e. GW, TFC). I, for the most part, solely play pvp in GW. I've played through each of the games, atleast twice, but don't bother further. PvP on the other hand, constantly changes. With constant updates to the skills, arenas, play style, it stays interesting.
Meanwhile, in WoW, your still going to location x, killing y monster, to collect item z, that might not even drop, and your hoping someone else doesn't steal your kill in the process. Or maybe your into PvP in WoW, but, unfortunately, your class is utter crap because the lvl 60 across from you bought a Leet Sword of Asskicking off ebay and is playing a class that is extremely overpowered. Not to mention, your paying 12-15 $ monthly for it.

I also, like you, love the idea of playing new characters, exploring new skills, and combinations. However, I come up with new skill combinations ALL THE TIME. I did so in Diablo 2 when I played that solely for 3 years. But like Diablo 2(but much, much worse) it takes you putting in ALOT of effort to make a new character to try out the combination of skills/abilities that you want.
What do you have to do in GW? - Make yourself a max-level character in pvp only, use top-of-the-line weapons/armor that you can specifically design for that build, so you know what it optimiumly comes out to. Not to mention, you can tweak it slightly if you want to try something else out, at no cost to yourself. Now... how long does it take to do this? Lets see - at most(if your really slow) 20 minutes to pick out your character skin, pick out the skill combination you want, and then design and create the items you want the character to use. If you don't have the skills/items unlocked that you want... spend a couple hours in pvp, and unlock it. The thing is, that skill/amor/weapon mod is then unlocked FOREVER on your account. You never have to unlock it again. No buying/earning the same skills over and over again, just to test out a new build.

The #1 thing, I will say, that I liked about WoW was the ability to walk around and buff/help out people... something simply not possible in GW(as you play in private instances). However, its those private instances that also keep you from spending hours waiting for monsters to respawn, so I'll take the private instances.

I do see value in WoW, but in the end, its just boring to me. Been there, done that.

-[CfH]-Server Admin