Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Other Games & Mods  ~  Any Final Fantasy Fans?
StaR
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:23 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

We're all gonna miss something because of the PS3's price
But once you save up that $600, Sony says that there are plenty PS3's in stock
(I wonder why...)

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 8:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

AH!! I loove Final Fantasy games!! I really want an FF7 remake to come out on the PS3, then and only then, will I buy one!

Hmmm, out of all of them I would have to say that either 4, 7 or 9 are my favorites. I doubt I could narrow it down any more than that.

Has anyone here seen the short FF7 anime, Last Order? It's pretty cool, but waaay too short.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:51 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Yeah, Last Order is cool, it's about Zak, and Cloud, it's totally cool.

But, I can't believe no one's giving VIII any love. C'mon people, it's way better than VII, the characters are way cooler, the soundtrack is on par with IV(which is my favorite soundtrack ever, to anything) and for all of you who think graphics make a game, the CG was incredible, better than some PS2 games(not FFX obviously). Sure, the way magic and stuff worked was totally different, but once you got used to it, it was really cool.

I'm not saying that I don't like VII, I like it a lot, I just think that other FFs get over looked way too often, particularly IV(or II) and VIII.
Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Final Fantasy 8 wins for my least favorite FF by far. It was ridiculously easy, and the combat system was a wee bit unbalanced, imo.

Final Fantasies 3 and 5 were my favorites. Job system ftw.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Valkyllias
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 1:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

What?! Are you serious?!
... Ok, I'm relaxed...
Maybe what we look for in a Final Fantasy is different, so that would explain why you like the ones with the Job system. I couldn't really get into III, I didn't really like any of the characters, and each dungeon you needed to use all of your magic because no physical attacks would do crap against most of the enemies, and you had no way to recover magic. I don't know maybe I didn't level up enough or something.

I didn't play V at all, so I can't really say anything about it. But my friend, who is the biggest FF nerd I know, and who's opinion I count higher than even my own sometimes, didn't really like it. He's not a huge fan of the job system though, so that was why, he liked all the rest of the game(I think).

VIII was kind of easy(except for Omega Weapon), but the last boss battle was totally sweet, the end of that game is tied with the end of IV for great video game moments. Sorry about getting all defensive about these games, I know everyone has their own opinion and that's totally cool, I just think VIII gets a lot of undeserved crap, and IV never gets mentioned at all.
Snape Sensei
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 5:00 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Valkyllias wrote:
I just think VIII gets a lot of undeserved crap, and IV never gets mentioned at all.

You want to talk about an FF game that with what little time it does get mentioned it's only undeserved crap? FF9. That's right, 9. That game is jam packed with so much awesome it totally breaks my heart that no one likes it. Oddly enough, most the crap it gets is from people who haven't played it. Pft.

Anyway! Valk, you're totally scary and remind me never to talk ill of FF8 in front of you!!

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 7:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

IX and VIII get tons of love; you're both crazy. The only undermentioned, overbashed FF game is FFX-2, and it was damn good. Non-linear story, tons of stuff to do, and an innovatave (albeit a tad... fruity) leveling system. Dress Spheres >>> Junctioning >> Materia >Whatever FFIX used I don't even remember >>>>>>>> Sphere Grid

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Snape Sensei
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Heh, you have me there. I've heard *maybe* three people say anything good about X-2... You being one of them.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 12:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I heard it was a pretty fun game, not a good Final Fantasy though. Actually my friend who told me that said that the reason he hates the game, is because of the Dress Spheres.