Page 2 of 4
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  envy
Falcon
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:11 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

TTK-target wrote:
Envy was playing as the seeker and was making some amazing kills with no flashlight and shooting blindly into water and getting head shots.

I see he explained the flashlight stuff, but i dont kno if i saw a explanation for the water kills...?

Plus, i think what he has, the apps is cheap and worse than a script. Why should you be able to see in dark spots and no one else. Thats a clear advantage over the average player and some regs or good players like myself. The dark spots are suppose to be used to like hide and use for advantage, but if people are gonna have these apps, then why the hell snipe there or camp there in the first place..? The people made for a reason and if your gonna take the certain aspect outta of a map and using it against someone, then that is just as bad as a exploit in my view. Now i know i use the nail grenade exploit people will say, so why the hell is this person even talking...i only use it because it's legal and plus chips even told me to cut down on it, which i have.

If this what envy has is legal, the 2 apps, then sign me up and i'll d/l the stuff so i can have it too. I dont want someone having a clear advantage over me in the game so that i could just basically be a sitting duck and get raped on maps like that which to me is BS.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Demasu
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Nirvana wrote:
Guess he is since hes on tha STA ban list

I'm with Nirvana, to me if you're on the STA ban list, there's a good reason. As for them not letting you represent your case, did you just sit there and go, Ok I'm banned, and move on? or did you argue in your favor? I also agree that your use of 2 programs to adjust brightness is cheating, 1 I can understand, but 2, no way jose. Bad Idea

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Audhumla
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

All this happened on sc5x_bonus_beta...
Bad map. Nothing on it should be taken seriously by anyone, ever. Weird, "fun" maps like that are really the only ones with dark spots to hide in and take advantage of. In any map with a real objective, you usually can't waste much time hiding in dark corner.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
The Howling Man
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:46 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Audhumla wrote:
Bad map. Nothing on it should be taken seriously by anyone, ever. Weird, "fun" maps like that are really the only ones with dark spots to hide in and take advantage of. In any map with a real objective, you usually can't waste much time hiding in dark corner.

Couldn't have said it better myself. sv5x_bonus_beta is the only map that ever tries to mix the kiddies with the elitists, and usually yields bad results on both ends. This isn't counterstrike. You shouldn't need to hide; this map the exception.

I don't see a problem.

Chips
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:03 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Falcon wrote:
Plus, i think what he has, the apps is cheap and worse than a script. Why should you be able to see in dark spots and no one else. Thats a clear advantage over the average player and some regs or good players like myself.

Those apps, and programs like them, are not cheap at all. ANYONE can adjust the settings on their video card to make their screen brighter, more or less contrast etc. Apps like this allow you to do it "in game". If you don't use one of these, you can simply shut down TFC...make the adjustments in your graphics properties GUI and restart TFC. Presto, your screen will be as bright...or whatever as the guy who has one of these apps.

The only "advantage"...is that those who have these apps don't have to leave the game. They don't allow you to set your graphics adapter to settings over and above what you can normally set them to. They are simply a quicker way to do it.
=========================================================================
That said...let me address your points one by one...

* The fact that you were ever in myg0t does concern me, even if it was a while ago.
* I don't consider the apps you use to be a problem. They are available to everyone and they don't allow you to adjust any video settings that anyone else can't. Just gives you a more efficient way of doing it.
* You were, in fact, banned by STA.
* PP2 logged those that used it...there are FAR MORE hax out there that don't log and are very effective. I've seen them used and know quite a few of them. Because you were NOT identified as using PP2...doesn't mean you didn't use another.
* -[CfH]- is a guild, not a clan. There are almost 150 members...many who play at an extremely high level of skill. There are 7 of us that compete in STA bronze 5v5 (those of us without the l337 skills). None of them were involved in this. Comparing your l337 skills to a handfull of us who were not involved...is not a defense. It's like you're saying "how dare these n00bs question me". One of the people watching is a former league dispute admin.

Now...none of the above is a reason for a ban, just my observations of your explanation/defense. We don't ban here based on other existing bans. But you must admit, being banned by STA is pretty damning information and your involvement with myg0t concerns me. You were not banned by any of the 4 admins on the server at the time...so I had no business banning you. I will remove the ban until I can talk to those involved and look at any supposed evidence they have. In fairness to you, that's how it should be.

It's obvious you're skilled and knowledgable of the game...I don't think anyone would doubt that. I personally have enjoyed playing with you and never suspected you of hacking. I'll be on the server soon to lift the ban...we'll take it from there.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:34 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips your so smart..

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:35 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I will re watch my demo of you envy, but I will point out a few things.

-Skilled players also have been caught hacking.

-I use Rage 3d and I had my brightness and gamma up while speccing you.

-Rage 3d does not effect ones ability to see below water.

-You clearly took aim and killed a civilian while he was completely submerged
from out of the water.

-You shot and killed civilians that were not visible with my gamma and brightness adjusted.

-Your search methods were thorough for the most part.

-After it became apparrent you were being specced, your search and kills dropped off.

-There was a civilian you clearly saw and choose to ignore after this time.

I will try and be on when chips is on later to link up with him and get him the demo.

I have played against hackers in the past and while not all the time obvious, it can be detected. I will also double check the cats, because if I recall, it is pretty widely accepted that if you are Dr. Tofu, you hack.
Falcon
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 3:54 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Transient wrote:
-I use Rage 3d and I had my brightness and gamma up while speccing you.

-Rage 3d does not effect ones ability to see below water.

-You clearly took aim and killed a civilian while he was completely submerged
from out of the water.

-You shot and killed civilians that were not visible with my gamma and brightness adjusted.

Still hasn't explained this what Transient posted...

I still think having the 2 apps is dumb, but thats the least of the problem. To what chips said, i've adjusted my brightness in the options/vidcard and I still cant see certain dark spots clear as day. Anyways, I just wanna here a explantion to what Transient said.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Channikth
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 4:30 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

is he sposed to to banned or not? i sw him playing like 5 mins ago
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:27 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Channikth wrote:
is he sposed to to banned or not? i sw him playing like 5 mins ago

Do you read?

I am too curious how one shoots perfectly in water? Explain yourself envy Or am I too n00b to understand? Laughing Bad Idea

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
tempspastic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:37 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

Audhumla wrote:

This is true but this is also a "fun" server so there will be maps like this with no real objective other than having fun. Just because you dont need leet skills to play the map is no reason to just dismiss its worth.
Go to a skills server if that isnt your thing.

Now for the hack thing, I know nothing about those sorts of things so I say nothing Good Idea

Kyubi
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 6:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

depends how fast he ran up to the water and killed them. while it is impossible to see someone from above water, it IS possible to see a NAME, which is pretty easy to detect just by moving the screen over an area.. just scanning over an area ull see a name for a split second. its harder to kill a moving target underwater, cuz if yur just scanning, its like playing the game Battleship.. u know one is there, but dont know which direction its going so u have to look around longer.

so basically... if he just runs up to a part of the water, pops someone, then runs away.... thats complete bs. but if he stays near the water for a bit and looks around.. its not that suspicious.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

What Kyubi said is very true.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Transient
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

After rewatching the demo, I believe he hacked. Since I am IRC challenged, I'll email the demo to chips before work on Monday.
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 10:18 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

If he did hack what a wanker, I have been caught in some of his extrodanry(sp) shots..

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site