Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  General Server Notices  ~  You think it's nuts here ?
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:06 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Quite a few tend to remind me how having no rules in general can lead to some lame play. Every now and then when I think they might be right...I pop into a different server. It only serves to remind me that there are places far lamers than ours.

I tend to play later at night...when most of the older crowd is on. The games are usually fun, competetive and enjoyable. Even earlier in the day, it's fun to come on and have some lame fun with the youguns.

Tonight, I dropped by Jigglypuffs ALL 2FORT Jigglyroom!
What an awful server...door blocking hw's, team shooters, team infectors and foul mouthed pre-pubescents whose parents should take away their computers. And apparently, there are no admins. I'm not kidding, there aren't any. The lamers just come in and take over the server and there's nothing anyone can do about it. What an awful place.

Yeah...we don't play the game here with the greatest of control. But it's far better than some servers I've visited and I'm glad for the control we do bring to the game. I'll take our place over Jigglypuffs any day.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nuck Ulsamytch
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 4:40 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Chips wrote:
Yeah...we don't play the game here with the greatest of control. But it's far better than some servers I've visited and I'm glad for the control we do bring to the game. I'll take our place over Jigglypuffs any day.

Chips wrote:
And if you ask a player and they don't respond or become abusive...please post in "Bans, Cheaters and Abuse"...I assure you they will be dealt with.

Our servers belong to all CfH members first and foremost. Just cause you're not an admin doesn't mean you can't ask a player to conform to our rules and report them if they don't.

We take care of our own pretty darn well. That's why I enjoy coming to the Fun House. Our admins and regular ol' members are quick to keep our place tidy. Good Idea punk.wav. tks.wav. gg.wav Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gilliam
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:01 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i started out on jigglypuff's back in 99 or 00 when i was into pokemon.
ill defend my roots by saying ot used to be cool and i started OLS(Outlaw Star), precurusor to TAO, there.

Torturedevice
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:43 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I played on Drippy's a couple days ago......there were way too many on each team people to have a good game.
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:34 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I play medic on jiggly's server only reason i play there is even with 30 people my ping is about 80-90 which is amazing for me Very Happy

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
Kirby119
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

This is a really good server and the forums are much better than one...

http://cad-forums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15

Yes, that section of the forums is now shut down for people being idiotic. As you can see looking through the posts that many posters are now banned (banished). This place rocks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 7:24 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

My first post in the members section was about this exact topic - anarchy or lack thereof

What other server let's you do stuff like this?? -Chips
-[CfH]-Server Admin
boat16215
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:40 am  Reply with quote

Nuck Ulsamytch wrote:

You guys ever thought of a forum-meeting? I think it'll be great to see the faces behind the keyboards. Unless of course you prefer your keyboard over your face.. Very Happy Smile
Velvet Elvis
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:18 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

I've played more than a few times at Jigglypuffs..it can be infuriating. Thats one of the reasons I love CfH, You all are still demented (just how I like it), but respectful of one another. Makes a huge difference in experience.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
RS
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:24 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

i do think that the play gets pretty lame here on this server, but atleast you dont let it interfere with play and having fun.

The other server I sometimes frequest is Mystics, which every admin (except one) is basically someone who is totally newb with little to no experience outside of pubs, is on a powertrip, or BOTH! That server is literally no fun to play on simply because they adamantly enforce the rule "NO spy or med D" regardless of the map. So it turns into if you stab someone or infect them anywhere near your base, people start whining and you will probably be TB'd or banned altogether. Likewise if you have some skill, people start crying and you will be banned for playing well AKA "TeH H4x" (this happened to Gbaby while playing heavy O on Xover2 lol). Razz

Thanks for running a quality controlled server lol Razz

Last edited by RS on Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:09 pm; edited 1 time in total

Dark Applepolisher
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Torturedevice wrote:
I played on Drippy's a couple days ago......there were way too many on each team people to have a good game.

Yeah, times can get pretty bad at Drippy's sometimes. 13 man D is impossible to cap against! Try stopping by very early or very late, when there are fewer people, and true skill comes out. The best reason to like Drippy's is that there are excellent rules and good people that enforce them.

I tried Jigglypuff's 3 weeks ago. Absolutely hated it because of door blockers everywhere. It took 3 snipers to unjar that fattie, until the next fattie door block went into place.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Canard
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:19 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

I've seen that happen and it's happened to me before, RB. The no medic D rule is ridiculously enforced, not to mention being ludicrous to begin with. If you even HEAL people on your way out, people biatch (yes, even people on your team) about medic D. Everyone's on a power-trip there, and the only good thing about Mystic's is that there are usually people playing there. They're also one of the few servers where the admins believe in "no chasers". Let's not even get me started on that BS, but let's just say the last time I was kicked for pursuing someone on badlands into the canyon with our flag, was the last time I ever played there.

People who complain about the rules on Chip's need to take a step onto a rule-saturated server and see how adding more rules often means the admins suck and more rules get broken.

edit: Drippy's is good sometimes. I like the holiday mods they have going on. It's best when played late at night with 5 or 6 to a team, as was already said Smile That's when the kiddies have gone to bed Cool

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:25 pm  Reply with quote

Canard wrote:
People who complain about the rules on Chip's need to take a step onto a rule-saturated server and see how adding more rules often means the admins suck and more rules get broken.

I like the holiday mods they have going on.

That's been my point all along. We DO have rules...but they're rather limited. They would be broken anyway and admins would become full time enforcers that turn into mean bastages cause they'd be beating up on llama's all day long. That's not to say that you won't get biatched at here...play cheap enough and I'll say something...so will others. I'd PREFER everyone play a clean game...every now and then, it happens. Laughing

What holiday mods are you referring to Question
I'd be interested to know... Neutral

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Of course it's nuts here, thats why I like it. Good Idea

Canard
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Chips: They usually have mods that add snow banks and make it snow outside of 2fort, snowmen, replace the grenade models with presents, have christmas lights in spawn, and i think have some weird day/night cycle thing outside. I don't know if they're doing it this year.

But I'd be ecstatic just to have snow on 2fort Good Idea