Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  Spamming

Spamming in game
You should be allowed to spam in game.
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
You should NOT be allowed to spam in game.
50%
 50%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 26

Monster Man
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:38 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

How is spamming ALLOWED on this server? I mean, a spy on 2fort throwing like 3 or 4 pills right infront of our respawn. How the hell is that allowed? I was just on there and had a spy throw pills infront of our respawn. Then Kyubi said it was allowed. Mind you, Kyubi, I have nothing against you.

If spamming of the sounds is not allowed, then why should spamming in the game be allowed?

Both are lame... and yet, lameness is allowed on the server?

Those bots will never be on the server nor care about the server's running.
Menace
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:15 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

NOT !

and yeah the sounds .... i know peeps that got the bye.wav binded and hit that bind 2312342453 times when someone leave ... anoying ... same with the gg.wav and a few others

Chips
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:26 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Just because these things are allowed...doesn't necessarily mean they're condoned, appreciated or encouraged. The real reason there is no rule against it is that we have a large number of very young, very inexperienced players that come here. I have found that the best way of getting your opponent to stop...is by doing the same to them, but ten times worse. Very Happy

A couple of other thoughts:
This is the "fun" house..."occasionally" blowing people to bits as they leave their spawn can be hilarious. This however, should not be overdone...I did say occasionally.
If your teams defense is that bad that you allow your opponents to walk right up to your spawn and spam it...hey, maybe you deserve it. Razz
I'm sure you realize that later in the evening, when the young ones are in bed...is the best chance to find a more acceptable style of play that "veterans" of this game understand and prefer.

If someone is truly being "that" disruptive to the game after repeated reminders...especially with sound spamming, feel free to send me a pm or post in the bans section of the forums. The server logs will show sound spamming and I WILL take action against those that do this. There is no spam filter on the server and I won't tolerate peeps abusing what is meant to be fun...you've been warned.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Monster Man
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:45 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

[quote=Chips]you've been warned.[/quote]

You threatening me, fool? Very Happy

Believe it or not, veterans of the game do come on the server. Im also sorry to hear you say:

"if your team cant catch a spy, then you deserve to be spammed"

So what you are saying is that you are going to ruin the status of your server so that a bunch of kids can have fun spamming the respawn and ruining the fun for others? =/ Very mature.

Nothing against you, but i still dont see why you wouldnt take action against spamming. It's not playing by with your team. The point of TFC is to capture the flag or defend the flag. Not spend all your time spamming the resapawn. Bad Idea

The Howling Man
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

You all know my vote on this one. Neutral Laughing

Torturedevice
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Monster is right.
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:43 pm  Reply with quote

I was warning those that choose to disrupt play on the server...not you idiot.wav. Razz

If there are veterans on the server...they should be able to handle the spys. Just like when I want to snipe and everybody just spams the battlements or continually rocket jumps up there and blasts me to pieces to prove how l337 they are....I go solly and blow them to bits next time they try. Sometimes, you have to adapt to what's going on.

And this decision hasn't ruined the status of our server. These rules have been the same since day one...and we've always been ranked one of the top 15 TFC servers in the world.

There's no point in trying to enforce this as there isn't ALWAYS an admin on the server. When one isn't around, it would still be abused. Do unto them as they do unto you...that usually stops them. This server has always been about having goofy fun with friends that do stupid stuff...more a hangout than a serious place to game. We have our team in STA (which you're a part of) to enjoy the more serious side. I suggest you grab some pills (spy pills, that is) and place them where you see fit...over and over again...they'll stop.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:11 pm  Reply with quote

After the first few backstabs on dustbowl yesterday...I did a more than adequate job of dispatching you ... post haste. Razz

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Bonsai
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:22 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

nah it best just to emp them while they snipe...it funny when they try to run from the emp...man those thing have quite a reach even through walls. i some time would emp them under the sniper battlement and they would never know where it come from. Twisted Evil Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy Twisted Evil Very Happy

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Waddling duK
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

wow...kidani...do u have something against every thing ppl say here??

and about spamming....ppl spamming sounds has 2 be the worst thing

but about spy pills, mirvs, ect....yes they get annoying VERY fast...but once they do it i tend 2 do it back Razz Twisted Evil
Monster Man
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:26 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

I cant and wont be standing right by my respawn just to take out some noob spy that is spamming our respawn with pills. I dont mind under bridge, just dont think I will be nice to you if you do that. This is why I am some times a biatch to Chips Neutral

People DO read the server rules because every time I have a problem, they always read the rules back into my face without looking at it (probably) and I feel like an idiot. Other times, they misread the rules. Now, what was wrong with this is that Kyubi was argueing that it was allowed and I was argueing that it was not / should not be allowed. Nothing in the rules says anything about spamming respawns. I am not saying going as far as banning ALL spamming. When I walk out of a respawn, I expect to be full health and armor when I walk out. Campers infront of the spawn, I do not mind, but losing 10-60 health because some Pyro wants to flame the front sucks. It's not fair. I, including others, want to have a fair fight which means that our team does not spam their side so that they lose 10-60 hp and neither does ours.

People do read the rules and they do follow the rules. Please, just ban spamming of respawns.

Waddling duK
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Kidani wrote:
Waddling duK wrote:
wow...kidani...do u have something against every thing ppl say here??

This is a FORUM, I shall quote the definition for you because I am bored

Quote:

#

1. The public square or marketplace of an ancient Roman city that was the assembly place for judicial activity and public business.
2. A public meeting place for open discussion.
3. A medium of open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper or a radio or television program.

# A public meeting or presentation involving a discussion usually among experts and often including audience participation.

Note 'discussion' in pretty much every one.. i.e. if you don't want to DISCUSS something, you shouldn't post it :p

(yeah i wrote this post just to spite you :p)

ur absolutly right pretty much...but ur getting like this old person that used 2 play here...everytime some-1 said something they disagreed..ect..never said disagreeing is bad..but disagreeing everything gets very annoying

and MM....ban spamming of reapswns Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea
Mr. Happy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 7:32 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Kidani, you and I are cool. However, I noticed what Waddling said as well. When you summarily disagree with five or six successive posts, especially small details, it quickly becomes disagreeable. Backing it up with a definition does little to soften the negative impact. Cool

Feel free to borrow this tactic which has never failed to dissuade an a@@hole. If they drop the whole load of gas pills at your respawn (once is fine. Let's just say it, repeated makes you an a@@hole), change to spy, reciprocate then kill yourself. Respawn and fill 'er up again. The other team has no idea that one of their own is acting like an a@@hole. When they scream KNOCK IT OFF, let them know that if their guy stops, so will you. This puts two teams hostility in the face of our a@@hole. All but the biggest puckered, flaming a@@holes will stop. Nobody minds getting killed, it's a fact of the game. But spamming (like that) is hated by everyone, so why do it unless you are anti-social? Anti-social behavior has never been tolerated at Chips.

What other server let's you do stuff like this?? -Chips
-[CfH]-Server Admin
The Howling Man
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 5:02 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Spamming respawns is both bogus and lame. Strategical placement of grenadular quantities around other parts of the map is fine.

Kyubi
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

i played in a server for 2 years that allowed spamming, with the quote "Spamming is allowed, if you cant kill them, you deserve to be spammed" right in rules part of server info, so i really dont care either way. it is extremely annoying and cheap, but its a pub, deal with it. you were complaining on 2fort MM, but a whole arguement about not being able to stop them.. a well placed soldier or hw near the entrance can stop any offense... its not like spies, hws, pyros, engies or snipers have a good way to get onto the battlements or get in the base any other way than the front door or water.... demos and soldiers will be hurt from the jump onto the battlements so if the snipers r decent they can take care of them... and a medic or scout concing in is most likely going for the flag so they wont be spamming anything. theres your solutions for the spam.

im not for spamming, because its cheap as hell, but i am against "banning" it from happening. it IS going to happen, and who has to enforce it? we admins do. you may not think much of it, but being an admin really isnt fun sometimes, we dont like kicking and banning people out of the server, but life isnt perfect where there arent the people that like to cause trouble. we admins want to play the game, not spend the entire time in our consoles using our admin powers. this server barely has any rules, and because of this i really attached onto the server.... long before many of the people who are here now... were here. chips has changed the server around to fit the growing population and interests of the players that have come, getting rid of the couple things that i really enjoyed when i first started coming here. hook is nearly completely gone except for a few maps... and even then people complain about it. radios are more of a bad thing now than the cool thing they used to be. id rather not see chips change the server again for a reason such as this... but thats not up to me.

again, this is a pub, spamming is going to happen. i dont like saying this to our own CfH'ers or you MM, because i think yur pretty cool.... but if you dont like the easy-going-do-almost-whatever-you-want atmosphere, where being cheap is allowed, maybe you shouldnt play here Sad, or at least play later on in the night when most of the adults are playing and the kids r asleep

-[CfH]-Server Admin