Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  Aliases.
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

So, chi and I had a little dispute today on the server. He said I was having an attitude on the server because someone wouldn't identify themselves. I thought we discussed that aliases were a bad thing? But I see it now, chi explained everything to me. The rule that I failed to see was that anyone can change their name using the cfh tag at anytime without telling anyone, or ever identifying themselves to anyone. If ur under a different name, just identify yourself, why the **** are you hiding? Then I offered to help practice, since it seems reflex said he wasn't going to show, but chi "didn't like my attitude" so he didn't want me there. Lol chi, business is buisness. You shouldn't jump to conclusions. Well anyway, from now on I'll be aliasing, no more TD. Later fools.
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:32 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Torturedevice wrote:
So, chi and I had a little dispute today on the server. He said I was having an attitude on the server because someone wouldn't identify themselves. I thought we discussed that aliases were a bad thing? But I see it now, chi explained everything to me. The rule that I failed to see was that anyone can change their name using the cfh tag at anytime without telling anyone, or ever identifying themselves to anyone. If ur under a different name, just identify yourself, why the **** are you hiding? Then I offered to help practice, since it seems reflex said he wasn't going to show, but chi "didn't like my attitude" so he didn't want me there. Lol chi, business is buisness. You shouldn't jump to conclusions. Well anyway, from now on I'll be aliasing, no more TD. Later fools.

Drama queen Bad Idea I doubt no one will care if you are aliased or not. I dont care if people alias themselfs, Its there business. Anyways whats the point of bitching about it? chips cant stop people from it? so this is just a big waste of space..

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

kibblesnbits wrote:
Torturedevice wrote:

Drama queen Bad Idea I doubt no one will care if you are aliased or not. I dont care if people alias themselfs, Its there business. Anyways whats the point of bitching about it? chips cant stop people from it? so this is just a big waste of space..

you doubt no one will care? So what ur saying is people will care? Work on the english.
Audhumla
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 9:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Kidani wrote:
Torturedevice wrote:

you doubt no one will care? So what ur saying is people will care? Work on the english.

Which language is this "ur" in, now?

Also, the 'y' on 'you' should be capitalized, there should be a comma after 'So', and the 'e' on 'english' should be capitalized.

Correcting your correction...

"So, what you're saying is people will care?"
isn't correct either Razz.
"So, what you're saying is 'people will care'?"
or
"So, what you're saying is that people will care?"
are.
Cool

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:08 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I'm still right, the type of stuff you're talking about is style related. You don't technically have to do it that way.
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Aww cute correcting my grammar, But Even thought my grammar was wrong you still though of it both ways because you had to, to correct me. In turn i still win.

What I mean of both ways is one he thought of it as: I doubt anyone will care And I doubt no one will care.

gg

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Then maybe you should have said that in the first place. Say what you mean, and not what you don't.
Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 10:58 pm  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

Well i for one would care if I never saw TD as TD on there again. Shocked

Personally, if someone wants to do it once in awhile cause they're feeling anti-social but wanna play in a friendly environment. Go for it. I've done it.

If it becomes a game its just childish nonsense. Yes for those who remember I have also done this too... and yes, it was childish nonsense.

If it is being done under some sort of suspicion.. well I havent really seen that scenario lead to anything but an overly dramatic fight in awhile so I'll leave that scenario alone with the exception of possible the admins checking certain things out once in awhile. this isnt exactly a normal thing to be needed...

Guys at least if you're gonna wear the CFH tag with a diff name, for heavens sake identify yourself and stop being an attention hound. If you wanna go incogneto, then do it.

and guys... stop all the senseless arguing over grammar. that isnt the topic at hand now grow up and dicuss something seriously for once. if you're gonna act like that then keep your opinions to youself.
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:41 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Whoa, hold on a sec. Lets not lose TD over such stupid s**t.

I agree with TD that aliases only stir up trouble, why else would want to be unknown ("Oh, well i was just seeing how CFH's treat outsiders"..blah blah blah).

But TD, theres not point to leave or fake leave by never using a name over this. Why not talk to Chi first?

==TONY MONTANTA==
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:09 am  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Question, Why does anyone alias anyway? Why go to the trouble of having to change your name? Especially when you're part of a clan or guild, the players in those organizations will want to know who you are. Since this is a guild, why not just keep one name so no problems arise?
Sorry if i happen to burst anyone's bubble.

Waddling duK
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:26 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

wow....ok um so ur complaiing that ppl alias...yet ur gonna alias???....makes no sence

about aliasing...do it and hey if ur in CfH i dont see why not and if ppl ask u who they are and they dont answer....why get mad (get glad ware)...its a game . . . aliasing is lame but hey, dont expect no respect from ur fellow friends...i dont alias cause no-1 would care who i was na'mean (though they dont know)

QUACK THE QUACK QUACK
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:56 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Well...I suppose there really is no rule that someone has to identify themself. But in my opinion, they're just being an ass if they don't. Look at the troubles Apex had with others on the server when he did it constantly. We're all part of this guild because we were all attracted by the same things about this game and how "WE" play it here. One of the most important aspects is being friendly to everyone...especially other guild members. We know each other by the names we were let into the guild with. Hiding behind another name and outright refusing to identify who you are is not very friendly in my opinion.

The other night, we all "aliased" as different flavors of potato chips. When I asked..."who's the sour cream chips"...they quickly responded..."oh, it's me". Respected members of our community shouldn't jerk other members around like this...shows a bad side of us to others on the server. I'm not saying you can't go under another name...but if someone you know asks you...just tell them for goodness sakes. We all know each other...that shouldn't be a problem.

And I can in fact stop anyone from doing anything on this server...I have always chosen not to. Just let the people play and have some fun. But now that it seems aliasing is becoming a bigger problem...it may have to be addressed.

- 21:37:35: "-[CfH]-Omega Team<883><STEAM_0:1:4492054><Blue>" say "Im having more fun pissing td off now"
Was it really TD that created all the drama kibbles. Question

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fjorn
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 12:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I was there then the 'Alpha Team' 'Bravo Team' and the like all started

It was just some people having fun goofing off, I don't remember who they were originally, and I left before TD came on, but

They were from CfH, and they were just messing around. And one of the most annoying things when you are goofing off with some harmless fun is someone to come on, demand who you are, tell you to put your name back, etc

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:02 pm  Reply with quote

From what I can tell in the server logs...TD "demanded" nothing. He simply asked who it was...very nicely in fact. Now...I have no idea what went on on voice comm, but his request seemed pretty reasonable.

Nothing wrong with the alias that was used. The response to TD's question probably should have been..."it's me, <insert name here> ...join us on the Alpha team. Now that sounds like harmless fun.

Deliberately attempting to "piss off" another player...doesn't sound like fun to me. It sounds like trouble brewing.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Fjorn
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:00 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

As I said, I wasn't here when TD was on, just saying that people demanding things isn't much fun

-[CfH]-Server Admin