Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  def.
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:08 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I would like to know what chips definition of an admin is thanks..

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
Waddling duK
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:25 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

then send em a PM
Chips
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:03 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I wonder where this is heading ?

Anyway...
First...must be a -[CfH]- member for starters. I'm fairly picky about who gets that far (you all know the criteria) and I just about always ask the opinions of the current admins. But the final decision is mine.

Next...someone who plays on the server rather regularly. No sense in giving admin to someone that comes by once a month. The server needs to watched over...hopefully, most of the time.

Next...someone that I have personally played with A LOT. I believe I know as much about them and how they'd respond to a given situation as I or any of the current admins would. I've seen and know how they behave and carry themselves on the server...and I like what I see.

Last...someone that actually "gets" what this place is about. A place to come hang with friends and do some fraggin in a controlled, orderly, non-hostile environment that welcomes everybody.

Those that come here to biatch, moan, complain, harass and ridicule what goes on here...don't stand a chance. Have I been wrong in the past granting adminship...yeah. Have I had to remove admins in the past...yeah. I'm not perfect. But I'd like to think we have one of the best admin teams out there today.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
jarrett4
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:10 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Now we just have to wait for kibbles to respond, a post like this has to be leading up to something Razz.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:58 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Is this a thread wondering how one becomes a respected member of the world class "Chips Admin Team"?
OR
Bitching about how in God's name Insert-name-here ever became an Admin.

The Gallery is holding thier breath! Shocked

Menace
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:31 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Chips wrote:
But I'd like to think we have one of the best admin teams out there today.

true that ....

i remember the good old day when neeing an admin wasent that fun on keegs Wink you'd be more busy kicking or telling the rules then playing ..... 1.5 Very Happy

Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:49 am  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

It's ok guys.. He dosen't wuv me anymore... He wants me out of here!!

I can take a hint!!!!!!

(he he he... jk jk, dont kill me Kib)
Wink
kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:11 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Yeah what chips said really Imo Isnt a true definition, What he mentioned were sounding like requirments.. You know what I mean? And what are the duties of one. thanks agian.

<3 teh chick Wink dont worry I kill you enough on the server Wink

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
CBC
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:04 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

do you not know what an admin does? Havent you seen the fabulous cfh admin team at work in the server? Why do certain people insist on using such a small font you have to quote it?

9-11-01
Chips
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:15 pm  Reply with quote

Well...those really are criteria. But at the same time, it also defines what I look for and expect of an admin here. I was probably vague in just saying that an admin here must "get" what this place is about. If they "get" it...they will allow play to just happen and help if needed.

Quoted from "Server Rules" in our "General Server Notices" section:

Chips wrote:
Our admins are here primarily to stop people from disrupting the game, helping those that require help and to prevent cheating. The admins will not boss you around or tell you how to play. If they are doing their jobs you don't even know they are admins. In fact, the admins won't tell you anything unless they think you are violating one of the few rules posted here...

The only thing I would add to that is fixing something that's gone wrong...ie...sniper limit on a sniper map, turning off something that shouldn't be on...etc.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:18 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:
I wonder where this is heading ?

Anyway...
First...must be a -[CfH]- member for starters. I'm fairly picky about who gets that far (you all know the criteria) and I just about always ask the opinions of the current admins. But the final decision is mine.

Next...someone who plays on the server rather regularly. No sense in giving admin to someone that comes by once a month. The server needs to watched over...hopefully, most of the time.

Next...someone that I have personally played with A LOT. I believe I know as much about them and how they'd respond to a given situation as I or any of the current admins would. I've seen and know how they behave and carry themselves on the server...and I like what I see.

Last...someone that actually "gets" what this place is about. A place to come hang with friends and do some fraggin in a controlled, orderly, non-hostile environment that welcomes everybody.

Those that come here to biatch, moan, complain, harass and ridicule what goes on here...don't stand a chance. Have I been wrong in the past granting adminship...yeah. Have I had to remove admins in the past...yeah. I'm not perfect. But I'd like to think we have one of the best admin teams out there today.

What chips is trying to say is, perfect admin= Nirvana Laughing lol rofl lol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

um kidani....Bots are wha bring ppl 2 the server....if ppls see a server empty it never grows....bots attracks ppl Very Happy
Waddling duK
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:52 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Kidani wrote:

Says you. And Chips. Rolling Eyes

If I see a server on the list with more than one bot, I don't play it.. luckily, (or unluckily, depending on your point of view) the first day I saw Chips', there was no bots in :p

If it's the "people see an empty server, so they don't join" theory.. you hardly need eighteen bots. Maybe.. six. So when six people are in, there are no bots.. but eighteen is waaaaay too many. Twisted Evil

well thats wha Chips has set it 2...and if u dont liek it, it wont change so why argue and jus leave????

if i see a server with no-1..and a server with bots...i'd rather go with bots...jus like the computer in any game....then jus sit and wait 4 more ppl 2 come in
Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Kidani i dont belive there is ever a time when 18 bots are in the game. The bots leave when people come into the server. The only time there is a full server with bots is when noone is playing on the server. It really is a simple fact that people want to play with other "people" playing. Just like a band wouldnt want to play to an empty club.

The only time i can think of playing with no bots on would be a skill map and they are configed to turn off when a skill map is on.

I really dont get the thinking behind hating the bots I mean they play the game just like you or me and get kills just like any one else. yea they may have better aim but that only makes the persons skill level increase as well. The bots dont spam respawns and they dont spam sounds and the med bots actually heal a player when needed. The bots actually play the game good IMO.

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:05 pm  Reply with quote

Kidani wrote:
Waddling duK wrote:
bots attracks ppl Very Happy

Says you. And Chips.

...and every other server administrator out there that knows what they're doing and doesn't want to watch their server die. Six bots are hardly a challenge at the low skill level they're set at...the 16 we run here will keep anyone awake. We had 1,873 players join our server last month...proof that they work.

You're one of those "l337" players that simply doesn't like them, and never will. You don't mind 1v1 or 2v2...I prefer a much bigger game myself.

Please feel free...in fact, I welcome you to go to someone else's empty server and sit there for an hour or two till someone else comes...that sounds like fun.

-[CfH]-Server Admin