Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  Help!
Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 1:39 pm  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

Damsel in distress here. My tfc has no sound. All other programs run as normal. I tried the obvious wire jiggling, steam/computer restarts, etc. The mic test in the options menu shows that It's receiving sound but isnt playing it back.

Ideas?
Demasu
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:45 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Ummm.... I had the same problem but it was because my ping was over 1K. Try restarting your computer and see what happens.It fixed my sound but not my ping, I had to fix that by my self. GL Good Idea

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
gilliam
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 4:45 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

in WinXP, rightclick your volume icon next to the clock, "adjust audio properties". select AUDIO tab, make sure the default device is the right one if you have more than one soundcard(mainboard integrated sound and a soundcard) select the one you have your speakers+mic plugged into.

Chips
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2005 11:38 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Any luck kiddo... Question

I searched the steam forums and there's no new posts or concerns about audio issues after the last two updates. All I can think is to look again at your audio settings in game. Make sure volume levels are where you want em and that EAX or A3D is or isn't checked according to what your set-up is.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:38 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Heh, if you've already restarted the computer and its not fixed, its past my knowledge.

The Howling Man
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 11:50 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
Heh, if you've already restarted the computer and its not fixed, its past my knowledge.

Demasu
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:02 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

If after all that it still does not work, right click on your my computer icon and select properties. Then click on the hardware tab and click on the device manager button. When the new window pops up click on the + nest to Sounds, video and game controllers. With that expanded Check to make sure that your sound driver is up to date. To do that right click on the driver and select Properties. Make sure it's enabled and if not select enable from the drop down list. If it is go to the driver tab9even if it wasn't still go to the driver tab). Once there if the Digital Signature is not from Microsoft there could be compatablity issues(or so windows claims) so that could be part of your problem but I doubt it. From here you have two options. Click update Driver and follow the instrustions from there, or click the Rollback Driver button and go to your Sound Card company's website and download the driver, and manually install it. I hope that helps if all others have failed. GL (try to)HF! Good Idea

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Psycho_Chick
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:02 am  Reply with quote
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness
Teh Fuzzy Cuteness

So far no luck...

Dem, when did you get so smart? Shocked Good Idea <3
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:06 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I've been tutoring him after school...

ApexPredator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

www.geeksquad.com Good Idea I'd give you Gill's number as I always call him for help but I dont think he wants his number publicized and for the record Gill doesnt work for Geeksquad nor is a geek.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:47 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

is there no sound at all or you just cant hear anyone talk, if you cant hear anyone talk then put in voice_enable 1 in console and that should fix it

Chips fun House #4/NeoTF
IP: barbar.dynu.com:27016
ApexPredator
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:56 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Yha what he said ^

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:04 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Psycho_Chick wrote:
So far no luck...

Dem, when did you get so smart? Shocked Good Idea <3

Razz
-SoldierBoy- wrote:
I've been tutoring him after school...

The only tutoring you have done with me is showing me how to pwn your face. Try this http://forum.grisoft.cz/freeforum/read.php?4,27725,backpage= You might not think you have any virus's/spyware but it won't hurt to follow these instructions. Once you have done that check your sound card's website and download the latest drivers and install them, but only after the scans and stuff just in case for some reason a virus or something took out your sound. Good Luck <3

Wahoo
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

things don't just suddenly get no sound for no reason at all, i want to know what you have installed sinse you have not been getting sound, either that or try doing a system restore to a date before this started happening.

If that doesn't work then it must be hardware at fault.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:26 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Wahoo wrote:
things don't just suddenly get no sound for no reason at all, i want to know what you have installed sinse you have not been getting sound, either that or try doing a system restore to a date before this started happening.

If that doesn't work then it must be hardware at fault.

Actually it does. My sound quit working not too long ago(most of my sound I could hear little clicks but that's all) and I had to use a system recovery disk that reset all my drivers and stuff back to the factory default. I'm still getting settings back from that so I wouldn't do it unless you have tried everything, and I had so I wish you luck Psycho.
btw I didn't have any virus's or spyware and the hardware is good cause my sound works now.