Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Other Games & Mods  ~  What's your favorite Final Fantasy game?
Fjorn
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 11:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

FFVIII

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Audhumla
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:14 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

The Howling Man wrote:
Spirits Within was good as a stand-alone movie. But wtf did it have to do with Final Fantasy, aside from the name?

None of 'em link together (except X and X-2).

There are recurring character names, like Cid, but other than that, quality is the only common trait between FF games.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
|2eflex
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:56 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Audhumla wrote:

There are recurring character names, like Cid, but other than that, quality is the only common trait between FF games.

Except for VIII and V's story... All the other ones were good to awesome! Good Idea

"No Grease"
nope
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:54 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

headmaster cid was in 8

1v1?
|2eflex
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

i meant the quality aspect... doh.wav

"No Grease"
Snake
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

FFX
|2eflex
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:52 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Thats cause thats probably the only one uve played or you think Better Graphics > Better Story

"No Grease"
The Howling Man
PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Said it before, and I'll say it again.

FF9 had just such the perfect mix between charming humor and a unique storyline, along with some killer cutscenes for the time (they look amazing even by today's standards).

FF9.

Play it.

Kyubi
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:00 am  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

7 is and prob always will be my alltime fav. (u guys hear they might be remaking 7 again- same storyline exactyly but better graphics? i so hope they do!!!!) ive replayed the game like 5 times, all bout like a year in between, and i still cant get enough of it. Good Idea

never played 1-4, FFV i got about 1/3 of the way there with a friend of mine.. then there was some weird problem getting the summon golem and we just stopped playing. VI i didnt play( didnt play III.. so.. but i hear both r really good).

a lot of my friends loved VIII, but i never made it past like 1/2 of the first disc. i just didnt hook my interest at all, i would put it down for like a few months, then retry it again... then put it down when i got bored... and i never got anywhere with it.

IX i actually liked, even beat osma(sp?) the hardest boss in the game and pimped everyone out as much as i could. just cant beat the way bahamut owned the queen. she was all like Shocked Surprised and bahamut was all like Cool Bad Idea . Laughing

the graphics in X i loved, and the story line was pretty good IMO my yuna actually got to be the strongest in every way of fighting cuz i pimped her out so much (got her all across the sphere grid, plus the summons, just meant HUGE dmg every time).

X-2 was so-so, i thought the storyline was horrible.. but gameplay with the dress spheres was pretty fun (berserker rikku kicked so much ass the way i had her set up)

havent played XI nor do i really want to. i think square "enix" has sorta gone downhill with games... so i hope XII is ok.

advent children looks kickass, ive had the background for it for like a year now, so i just HOPE its really good (the background with cloud and sephy standing apart and theyre sorta disintegrating with the FFVII sign in the middle.......if uve ever seen it thats the one i have:lol:) the spirits within sorta disappointed me. i think square spent too much time working on making it LOOK good, then giving it good quality storyline wise

KK im gone ranting now.. my thought on FF series ends...........here. Laughing

-[CfH]-Server Admin
|2eflex
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:05 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Well, im glad i have someone with me that FFVII was one of the best... VI and III were the same game, III was released in the states i believe for SNES, VI was released in Japan, but they remade III/VI for the PS1 and re-released it as VI in the states. VI the story was Ehhh... get the crystals = win... VIII's story was crap unless u actually think about it VERY hard and remember the minute things that happened (such as squall giving rinoa the Griever ring, which leads to the fact that maybe Ultimicia was Rinoa in the future since she had Griever and only one summoness/sorceress/w/e the hell it was can be on the earth at any given time, and once one dies, another is born. No, I did NOT figure that myself cause i didn't pay attention to that game at all (the leveling in that game intreged me and thats y i played it)

As to FFVII being remade... this made me sad... they have no plans to remake it... At first they said advent children would be released with it, now they say they arent making it, and never had the plan to. U can see the opening scene of FFVII PS3-fyed though, just look around for a PS3 promotional trailer, chances are its the FFVII one.

Done. For now.

"No Grease"
Fjorn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:40 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

FFVIII is hit or miss

It had a high amount of tactics in it (managing your magic) while FFVII, FFIV, and FFX were all simple kill them with abilities you learn over time

I've always been under the impression that FF8 was originally goingh to be all like the dollet mission, but that Idea was scrapped to make the rest of the game more like the rest of the series

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Kirby119
PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:06 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

The only ones I've played are VIII and X, and I didn't like VIII at all. Probably because the graphics got all screwed up on my computer for no reason. I've heard very good things about IX though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Kirby119 wrote:
The only ones I've played are VIII and X, and I didn't like VIII at all. Probably because the graphics got all screwed up on my computer for no reason. I've heard very good things about IX though.

They might be screwed up 'cause FFVIII for the computer is crap

-[CfH]-Server Admin
ApexPredator
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:58 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I still like the first origonal for the NES....I still play that sometimes when Im bored or my ISP is being gay.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:05 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

The Howling Man wrote:
FF9 is my all-time favorite.

Sorry, couldn't help you with that...

I'm in agreeance here.

Most people I know disliked FF9, but I loved it.

One of the greatest IMO.