Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  R.I.P The Pope ;(
Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:52 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

This is the worst year in my life. Well since he passed away I cant describe how much it hurt me, not just becouse im polish. but becouse he was a uncrowned king of poland and a father to all poles,and his courage and fight for stoping communism and well if I had time I would type a hand full of things. Like I said I cant describe how much it means to me and my family of his passing every channel I watch that shows a tribute for Pope Jon Paul II I cry my heart out. Couple of years ago i got to go to one of the pilgramiges at poland, that experince was REALLY! touching.
But the thing im really trying to ask is what are your views and opinions on the pope.

PS: I am pretty late but i was going to post this thing on saturday but the power went out becouse of the winds and rain in my town.

Last edited by Nerve-ana on Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:55 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i'm guessing you don't want to hear my opinion... but then again i'm not the best person to talk to on this subjects. Confused

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

lol i was about to write
"dont be harsh or i will find you and slowly make you suffer and feed you to my dogs" but i dont think that approriate lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 9:58 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i wouldn't call my opinion harsh - more apathetic.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Nerve-ana
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

o0o ok

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 10:36 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

well, i really dont think that much about it one way or another. although being polish, i was born in america, my relatives came over late 1800's-early 1900 range so i have no real link to poland or europe itself.. he may have ended communism there.. but i dont think that affects me much here in the US besides them just being communists= threat to the US ideal or w/e.

then it would bring up the fact that he was the head of the roman catholic church... and that really does not affect me, because i am in the sense, an atheist. i have my own views on all religions and what happens in life and death, but not that there is one god up there who put us here and whether we do good or not we go to imaginary places called heaven and hell. it is sad that he was such an influential person in the world and he had to die, yet no matter what he was still human... and whether we like it or not.. humans die. he was suffering with a lot, so i think it may actually be best that he has passed on.

just my views on the subject

-[CfH]-Server Admin
TTK-target
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:47 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Nirvana [Dragon] wrote:
not just becouse im polish. but becouse he was a uncrowned king of poland and a father to all poles

My friend, I am Polish also. I was raised Catholic in a small upstate NY community - Camden, NY near Rome - which had a very large Polish-Italian population. My family cheered when a Polish priest became Pope. I too am saddened by his death, not because I revered him, but because I think the world was better with him in it than not.

BTW, It was President Ronald Reagan who played the biggest role in ending communism in the Eastern block of Europe, and Asia (Russian states) not the Pope.

PS I sympathize with those who are so deeply affected by the Pope's passing. While I am no longer Catholic, I am a Christian.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
nope
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 2:56 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

oh noes! too many pollacks

dont worry i can make fun of the polish cause i am, infact polish too Razz

with the last name "wieczorek" its hard to get away Very Happy

1v1?
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 4:22 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Any time the world loses a leader committed to peace and mutual respect and acceptance...we are all (or should be) saddened. Whether or not you are a believer is not the point. He worked for the good of "all mankind"...he'll be missed. Crying or Very sad

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AvP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I'm not catholic but I think the pope is one of the most important person in the world. I'll miss him. Crying or Very sad

"Wow! Brazil is big." —George W. Bush, after being shown a map of Brazil by Brazilian president Luiz Inacio Lula da Silva
gilliam
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

aim msg from a friend wrote:
: did your life change at all when the pope died?
: mine didn't. and i don't feel guilty for not giving a rat's ass either
being an anti-theist(not NOT athiest) i keep a restraining order on religion Razz but being that my GF* is seventh day adventist i cant seem to keep it far enough away. by now her friends are used to my eye roll when they tell me "god bless".

back on topic, pope-san affected my life very little if at all. he was old and ready to expire like any other human his age. our views on things would be like black and white with a little bit of orange in the middle.

i do not wish to turn this into a religion flamewar so i will stop here, we can flame in PMs Razz

|2eflex
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:41 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I am young and not very religious but when anything horrible happens, I will usually just shrug it off... just something i've developed over the years... I know the late pope was a great man and did many wonderous things for the world, but when something happens (yes, I admit it, even 9/11) it does not phase me much, I just hope that we can gain from our past and be able to forget sorrow and think about the good things.
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

okay, being in a family where my dad is Catholic, myself and my mom are Lutherin, i can feel your pain, but i only see his death as his own blessing. think, he has been suffering parkinsons (sp?) disease for a while, and recently had an operation when he could barely talk afterwards, i would think he was in a lot of pain, and i only see his departure into the next world as a blessing.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger