View previous topic
Page 11 of 11
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Other Games & Mods  ~  World of Warcraft
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:19 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Over the course of the previous two days, Blizzard announced and showed off "World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King" at BlizzCon 2007. Some of the highlights of the new expansion are listed below for quick and easy access.

[ New Features ]
Level 80 (New Level Cap):
The level cap is once again being raised, and this time to level 80. The new zones in Northrend will progress you from 70 to 80.

Character Customization:
You will be able to go to a Barber NPC in game to change your characters hairstyles in-game for a price. On top of this is new hairstyles that will be available to choose from for both new and old characters of all races and genders. There is also a slew of new dances for all race/gender combinations as well.

Northrend (New Continent);
This new continent was first discovered in Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, as an arctic continent. The Wrath of the Lich King introduces this zone as a somewhat-thawing zone where some places are purely grassy zone. There is a planned 10 zones in the game with one specifically being an outdoor "PvP" zone. Even on PvE/RP servers, this zone will automatically flag you as PvP and you may be attacked at any time. This new PvP zone also features some Siege Weapons and Destructible Buildings (see below). The capital city (ie: Shattrath) is Dalaran, and is near the middle of the continent (somewhat), but floating in the air which is accessible by ground teleport or flying mount.

Flying Mounts in Azeroth:
Flying Mounts will be able to be used within the Northrend continent only, the rest of Azeroth is out of the question until Blizzard decides to retrofit the old zones with the ability for flying mounts. You will not be forced to buy any new flying mounts to fly within Northrend, but more flying mounts will be available.

Death Knight (Hero Class):
This is the first ever long-awaited Hero Class being added to the game. The Death Knight will not be available at level 1 at the Character Creation Screen. So, you will not be rolling a Level 1 Death Knight. Instead, you will have to complete a long quest chain (around the length of the Warlock Epic Mount Quest) to unlock the class; and you can do this with any class. From here, you can go to the character creation screen, and create your Death Knight. Death Knights will be starting at a relatively high level (50+, unspecified).

Inscription (New Profession):
This new profession allows a player to permanently enhance any new spell or ability within the game with a new added affect. One such example that was used by the developers was adding a knockback effect to fireballs or increasing it's damage output or it's DoT spells. That little bit specifically isn't confirmed as final and could be removed or never make it to the final product.

Player Versus Player:
* The new expansion will be introducing more PvP options than the previous expansion and patches. There are plans to introduce a non-instanced PvP Zone as well as many new Battlegrounds and Arenas. There will obviously be the new PvP gear and Arena gear to follow suit. As for World PvP we will have to wait and see what happens.
* Siege Weapon & Destructible Buildings - This pretty much speaks for itself. The new outdoor non-instanced PvP zone will feature siege weapons and destructible buildings; they might add these items to the new BGs and Arenas as well, we'll have to wait and see for that too.

Player Versus Environment:
There will be a multitude of additions to the world for PvE carebears.. err... players... They will range from 5 man instances all the way up to 25 man raids (including 10, 15, and 20). There are plans to open up more instances within The Caverns of Time and some old-world instances that we're never in-game (Grim Batol in Wetlands) or we're removed before the game went live (Uldum in Tanaris). They intend to itemize everything in the expansion so that a level 71 green doesn't surpass a level 70 raid item; but perhaps a level 74 item will...

-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:38 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Thereby making everything we do now pointless.

bird^
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:53 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Quick who wants to buy a level 70 druid pretty geared out?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

aha now that i got money I started playing WoW.
Started a week ago im lvl 18 Human Warrior On Bleeding Hollow.
Pretty fun game actually.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:00 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

get off alliance.. now unless u wanna raid and never pvp (horde > alliance pvp)

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Channikth
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:43 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Well I figured I would come here first, before I searched servers. Anyone on a server thats EST (pvp) with a good population. Im a 70 hunter (well geared) looking for a new server, im tierd of my current sever (Dentarg) the population is like 500 horde/300 alliance... i know every person on the server.. including alliance. Well if your guild is looking for hunters, heres my armory.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dentarg&n=Ryushi

Channikth
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:04 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Figured i would stop by and see whats up Shocked
Its been so long, and I finnaly transfered my hunter to Bloodscalp, and i also have a 70 lock on there now too
My Hunter is "Unethical" in guild "Easy Mode" 4/5 tier 5 ^^
My Lock is "Mokó" in guild "Easy Mode" also and hes crapy pvp geared
Hit me up with a whisper if you wanna talk Smile

Audhumla
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:36 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

patch is here, go get a haircut and fill up yo' stable (if yo' able!!!)

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Audhumla
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:24 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

wotlk is out

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Audhumla
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

death knights own

Koopsta Knicca
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:41 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

My main's name is Wonderclam, guild master of Sparky the Wonder Clam guild on the Icecrown server.

He just hit lvl 73 today.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:56 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Bonsai says go to wowarmory.com and search his toons on Blade's Edge: azndruid, Umba, azndude, aindra...etc etc. So go to Blade's Edge and become a Drunken Monkey!!! Smile

Bonsai go KABLUUUUEEEYYY