Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  vulger name ban
FullMetalSchrappnel
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:14 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

"I_Masterbate_to_Kittens" 7691 STEAM_0:1:1695142 0 00:45 82 0

he was asked to change it and refuse... end of story really

PsYcHo_DaD
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Was a witness. Asked several times for him to change his name and he wouldn't.

Valkyllias
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:09 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Well, to be honest I don't think this was handled quite as well as it could have been. Yes he was asked to change his name, but everyone was saying cause it was dumb, or wrong, or offensive. And the thing about something being offensive, is that it changes from person to person what is offensive. I agree that his name should have been changed, but it was because it was vulgar, and I don't really think that he understood why he was being kicked and eventually banned was a good reason.

Anyway, I'm not saying bad job admins, I'm just saying think about this for next time something like it happens, the people need to understand why their getting banned.

Chips
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:17 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Our rules clearly state:

"Players must have a name...not "player", "newname" or anything offensive."

What kind of idiot would be kicked after an admin tells him to change his name and doesn't get the message? Would anyone really believe that he didn't know his name was offenseive? Players do this purposly to get a rise out of the server population...he got what he deserved as far as I'm concerned. Sad to see maybe in these days of dwindling servers and players, but we've never tolerated this type of player and we won't start now.

I'll do some tracking on his ID when I get home, unless someone beats me to it. I'm sure you'd find he uses many names of this nature. He made his own bed, now he can lie in it.

Good job FMS. Good Idea

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
tiger
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:48 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

actually he only has one entry from back in 2006, and it was the same name.

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Valkyllias
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:38 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

maybe I worded what I meant incorrectly. What I meant was that I don't think he knew why he was banned, or even kicked for that manner. He knew it was refering to his name, and I do think that not doing what an admin tells you is grounds for a kick itself. But it seems not quite like justice if the offender doesn't realize why he's offending, and will just keep going on thinking nothing's wrong and that we're just dicks. And like I said, I don't think it was a bad thing he was kicked and then banned, I only think that it might have been a little hasty, that's all.

Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:27 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Well it clearly states before you join the server the rules we have in place. I know most people don't read them but its not for us to make sure everyone reads them. Its the persons responsability to read the server rules before he joins the server and to follow those rules that we have in place. And to anyone that says "Well noone really reads the rules they just click ok" I say thats your own choice and you have to deal with the consequences of not reading them and following them. if you speed in a car and then get pulled over and tell the Cop that you didn't know the speed limit he may be understanding and give you a warning, now if you did it again and the same situation came about you better belive your getting a ticket, and the same goes here as well. He got his warning and continued not to follow the rules, and its not hard to go back to the server rules screen in TFC and look to see if your break any of those rules, and he did and he got banned for it. People need to be accountable for their own actions nowadays instead of playing the stupid role all the time.

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Toughsox
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:30 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I did a search on the BLARGHS and that Steam ID came up empty...... but that doesnt mean he wasnt a smurf.

Dont mistake my kindness as a sign of weakness!!!!
Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin