View previous topic
Page 5 of 5
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Our Clubhouse - General Discussion  ~  Anime
Chance!
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:47 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I agree a lot with you what you say about bleach actually - as it is obvious that I both keep up with the anime and manga. I cannot call it a good anime series, but I can call it entertainment. In fact, everything not in my Bad category I found, in the least, entertaining, and worth the time to watch. Part of why I have come away from bleach is what you said in comparison to DBZ - they keep "powering up"... shikai, bankai, "vaizard form"... or with chad: transformed arm, final transformed arm, other transformed arm... ect. I kind of watch them to see what new powers they can think of and how they end, I can't say I care much at all about any of the characters anymore - which is different from how the series started. In the beginning of the series - which was excellent - the series was more episodic, brought you closer to the characters, and was better at integrating comedy. Now its all fighting... which makes it a more shallow anime.
And (in reference to basilisk), I guess its just one of my quirks that when I can easily predict most things in the series coming, and even the basic storyline (Romeo and Juliet-esque) is not original, I just can't rate it very high. Like I said before, it was entertainment, but it just doesn't rate as high for me... but, to each their own.
I'd love to see your, or anyone else's ratings and opinions though. Everyone has their own tastes, and I find it interesting to hear others opinions. The only other person I talk to anime about too much is DA but he agrees with me too much Razz

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Nuck Ulsamytch
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 1:16 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

I feel ya Chance! concerning the current standing that Bleach has evolved to. The beginning of the series was gripping and compelling. I cared about the characters and was jazzed w/ the story arc. The cutaway from this past story in set in Hueco Mundo was blunt and sloppy, but I'm almost releived that they at least stopped the pump pump pumping and drag drag dragging out of the story and the characters. A more grassroots storyline, hilighted w/elegant and poetic, yet hard hitting action scenes. Maybe some focus on the Dad and his role as a Shinigami and how he and his late wife contended w/ that former life when dealing w/ their new life and the raising of their children.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger