Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  General Server Notices  ~  Potential New Servers !!!
Chips
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:07 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Apparently, it needs an update. Surprised

It's down now and it's updating. When you see it up again (very soon), it'll be fully updated. Cool

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Toughsox
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:29 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Steam has this nasty habit of updating without warning. Its not a huge undertaking to update, but it wipes out your configs and such thus....its a pain in the ass.
The worse problem then some people cant get on the server......it doesnt show up in the STEAM SERVERS LIST.

THANK YOU STEAM for proving that there IS a company as bad as EA when it comes to ruining a good thing.

BRING BACK WON !!!

Dont mistake my kindness as a sign of weakness!!!!
Offense doesn't win matches.......big friggin' guns do !!! Ole' Painless FTW !!!
-[CfH]-Server Admin
Falcon
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:31 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

QUIET OLD MAN!!! go back to feeding the birds at the park where u belong...

Ps: who the hell let you go off ur meds this time..?

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 12:07 am  Reply with quote

All 3 servers are up now...something for everyone. Cool

Fortress Forever 1.11
Team Fortress 2
Tfc

Prolly only for a week or so to test the load...show the support. Neutral

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:42 am  Reply with quote

The load test went fine...the show of support unfortunately, did not. Crying or Very sad

As much as I can't stand this game, I sat on the TF2 server for a couple of hours this evening, and no one showed. Those I ask tell me they won't join an empty server. Well, in order to build a server population, we have to have those of us that are willing to do just that...be there and spread the word. Obviously, neither of these things happened.

Without any hint of financial support and obviously no player support, the TF2 and FF servers have been taken down. FF appears to be a dead mod and there's plenty of other places to play TF2. There are still plenty of FF servers also. Although, they all sit empty except for 3 or 4.

Sadly, this seems like the impending fate of our TFC server also. She sits mostly empty the majority of the day...only coming alive for a few hours each evening. There are finances to support our TFC server through March of 2008...4 more months. We'll see if at that time, there will still be enough interest to run that one...time will tell. Question

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Dinosaur Gas
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Turn on SourceTV for your tf2 and ff servers. This way, those who filter out empty servers will still have yours in their list.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Chips
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 5:16 pm  Reply with quote

With FF...I really don't think it's a matter of people filtering empty servers. Nooooo one is playing this any more...quite a shame really. I see plenty of servers running SourceTV...and it doesn't appear to make any difference. They're all empty too. Surprised

It doesn't pain me at all that I won't have to spend any time maintaining a TF2 server. I would have done it for our community members only...and only cause I <3 them. I think I've stomped on this game enough that everyone knows where I stand.

That said...I think I've hit on my true feelings about all of these mods...TFC, FF & TF2. I, along with supposedly thousand of others, were awaiting these new games (TF2 & FF) as the next step...the next games that would gather us all around our comps to frag, have fun and play together for years to come. Since it's apparent that that isn't going to happen, I find that all I have to fall back on if I want to continue playing with those I've played with for years is TFC. I'm ready to move on. Apparently, our community is not.

I've seen every TFC map I care to see...hundres of times. My talents have progressed about as far as I'm ever going to progress. I've led a league team, won some titles, been a league admin and have had the pleasure of running this TFC community for 3 1/2 years now. I've been an admin on other servers and I'm a current admin on the .id servers as well. We've never been the biggest, but people out there know we exist. We've made an impact on the TFC world. I'm rather proud of that.

In other words, I've pretty much done everything in the TFC world a guy could want to do. I'm quite ready for something fresh, new and different. Now seeing that my online friends for years are not ready for the same...kind of saddens me.

TFC will always hold a place in my heart. I will never stop playing it. But, I won't lie and say I'm not tired of it. Bottom line is...I don't see many of us playing the new mods at all. Additionally, most of us aren't playing much TFC any more either. I have no idea where we're headed as a community, but I'm saddened it doesn't appear to be in direction looking to the future. Shocked

-[CfH]-Server Admin
-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Is the TF2 one down, because its not letting me add it to favs.

Chance!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 6:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Chips wrote:

Without any hint of financial support and obviously no player support, the TF2 and FF servers have been taken down.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:46 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well... at least we're all on the forums! you guys are my second family... <3

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Mr. Happy
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:24 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Chips wrote:

That said...I think I've hit on my true feelings about all of these mods...TFC, FF & TF2. I, along with supposedly thousand of others, were awaiting these new games (TF2 & FF) as the next step...the next games that would gather us all around our comps to frag, have fun and play together for years to come. Since it's apparent that that isn't going to happen, I find that all I have to fall back on if I want to continue playing with those I've played with for years is TFC. I'm ready to move on. Apparently, our community is not.

I've seen every TFC map I care to see...hundres of times. My talents have progressed about as far as I'm ever going to progress. I've led a league team, won some titles, been a league admin and have had the pleasure of running this TFC community for 3 1/2 years now. I've been an admin on other servers and I'm a current admin on the .id servers as well. We've never been the biggest, but people out there know we exist. We've made an impact on the TFC world. I'm rather proud of that.

In other words, I've pretty much done everything in the TFC world a guy could want to do. I'm quite ready for something fresh, new and different. Now seeing that my online friends for years are not ready for the same...kind of saddens me.

TFC will always hold a place in my heart. I will never stop playing it. But, I won't lie and say I'm not tired of it. Bottom line is...I don't see many of us playing the new mods at all. Additionally, most of us aren't playing much TFC any more either. I have no idea where we're headed as a community, but I'm saddened it doesn't appear to be in direction looking to the future. Shocked

I wouldn't pull down the shades and dim the lights just yet. This is a wacky time of life for a lot of people. Me - no TFC2 yet, no reliable computer for the last six months, no more marriage soon, no spare income at the moment. Seems a lot of other people I talk to are saying it's been a crazy, wacko few months. Price of gas is off the charts, it's coming up on an election year - EVERYBODY's ready for a change. Anyway, don't know how much this means in the grand scheme of things, but I have no intention of quitting. By March, April, May I hope to back in full swing, playing TFC *AND* TFC2 on my 42" plasma in my own place. Don't care how old I get, I'm a sucker for this game. The action is cool, but the people at CFH are even better. Good stuff like this doesn't go away too quickly. If it ain't TFC2 or another mod, something will pop up to keep us all amused.

What other server let's you do stuff like this?? -Chips
-[CfH]-Server Admin
tiger
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:35 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Mr. Happy wrote:
I wouldn't pull down the shades and dim the lights just yet. This is a wacky time of life for a lot of people. Me - no TFC2 yet, no reliable computer for the last six months, no more marriage soon, no spare income at the moment. Seems a lot of other people I talk to are saying it's been a crazy, wacko few months. Price of gas is off the charts, it's coming up on an election year - EVERYBODY's ready for a change. Anyway, don't know how much this means in the grand scheme of things, but I have no intention of quitting. By March, April, May I hope to back in full swing, playing TFC *AND* TFC2 on my 42" plasma in my own place. Don't care how old I get, I'm a sucker for this game. The action is cool, but the people at CFH are even better. Good stuff like this doesn't go away too quickly. If it ain't TFC2 or another mod, something will pop up to keep us all amused.

First off its tf2(if you dont understand the difference by now then i just cant help you) Confused Second off, me thinks gas prices have nothing to do with people quitting gaming, plus wouldnt it help by making people stay home more often? Razz

But really, alot of people are back in school and whatnot as well which takes up time which has helped kill off the community and especially the cfh community. Before tf2 and ff were released, some people got hooked on other games and didnt come back really. Many people have crappy computers that cant even dream of handling tf2 and some just didnt have the money to fork for the game(i.e. me). Without an initial cfh tf2 server when the game first was released, most people would play on servers and get settled in to them. With people already settled itll be hard to pull people over to your server without a core group of people that can play around together on the server to draw people in by it simply not being another 24/7 empty server, as chips ended up seeing. Yes others might have just had a very wrong and offbeat few months, but lets just face whats pretty much happened. The cfh community is for the most part no longer together and dispursed aside from the tfc sta teams, the forums, and a few people that do still play tfc and tf2 together. Hell even the activity on the forums isnt like it used to be. i used to be able to check it in the morning and get home from school or work and there would be tons of threads to read already, now i get home and theres 1 or 2 if any at all. We may not all be gone, but sadly i dont see the community ever being like it was before in tfc or any game for that matter. I must say chips summed it up pretty well with

Chips wrote:
I have no idea where we're headed as a community, but I'm saddened it doesn't appear to be in direction looking to the future.

0:00:35 IsLeS PiPeS-[AF] HW NO CONC AIM - said over enemy team_chat about Yur_Mom 35 seconds into the match Very Happy
-[CfH]-Server Admin
gilliam
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:51 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Mr. Happy wrote:
Good stuff like this doesn't go away too quickly. If it ain't TFC2 or another mod, something will pop up to keep us all amused.

GUNBOUND! Razz
actually as far as other games to keep players minds off TFC/tf2/ff i blame WoW.
WOW i believe has taken away from my fav games thus i refuse to play it, i guarantee it!
this hatred of WOW isnt w/out support, i have an example. over at work many of us bought orangebox to play TF2 and portal, and were playing TF2 together regularly. i got the orange box a little late though. the week before thanksgiving some wowtard on my shift says "hey guys lets make a guild!" and caused WOW to suck ALL the tf2 players at work away.

ChiShun
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:24 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Thats awsome

ASS-U-ME (assume = make an ass- out of -U-and -ME-

Team work = win
Not one person can cause a loss but only contribute to the TEAMs loss.
Demasu
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:56 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

CoD4 has sucked me away for the moment, but give it another week or two and I won't be playing it much. It's just how I work.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger