Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  FF - Fortress Forever  ~  CfH FF clan?
[d2f]Iggy*SJB
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:12 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Chips wrote:
First thing to remember...we'll have to pay for additional servers no matter which mods we venture into. I have enough funds to run one additional server for around 3 months...that's it.

STA is already of the opinion that as soon as TF2 comes out...the 9v league is going to fold. The 5v league just may hang in there a while longer. We'll see.

So...what we choose to do boils down to whether we can pay for it and how much interest we'll have. I think what I'd like to do is set up the server(s) on my home connection to try them out and see how we like em.

I am committed to keeping the TFC server alive...I hope we'll be the last one that goes down. Cool

I don't know if CFH will be the last to go down....I have a funny feeling that Valve will end up pulling the plug on TFC before it comes down to 100 or less servers still active(assuming they can completely pull the plug on the game). In any case, I hope the Funhouse will be up for a LONG time to come! I know there are very few TFC servers I will even play on, let alone actively support. TBH- If there were only 2 servers left, and they were D2F and CfH, I would be one happy MoFo! Very Happy

There will be plenty of FF servers once it comes out(as well as TF2 servers)....so even if Chips doesn't run one, some of you will find one you like, and we could congregate there.

I admit, I haven't played TF2, but I have been watching it. I have played FF. My opinion MAY be biased, but TF2(despite what I was hoping) doesn't look to be a game I would enjoy. I will probably give it a shot if a "free weekend" comes around, but I am not going to drop $45-$50 on the set.... for the simple reasons that HL2:Ep2 isn't that long, Portal is another "short" game, and TF2 doesn't really seem like something I would enjoy. I already have HL2 and Ep.1....so no bonus there.

I bought DoD: S, and while it's a good game, I don't play it very often. I got CS: S with HL2...and don't play it much either. My gaming time is rather precious to me, because I have so little of it. That makes me kinda picky.