View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Other Games & Mods  ~  Trackmania Nations
Audhumla
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 1:36 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

You've probably seen the adverts for this game on Steam. Buy it. Here's a big post writeup shamelessly stolen from another forum I visit.

LoneRiver wrote:

Hey, what's Trackmania?

Trackmania is a game about racing cars. Trackmania United, the newest release of the franchise, has recently been made available on Steam. Taking environments and game modes from previous versions of the game, United features 200 absurd tracks with massive jumps, loops, and any type of insanity you'd possibly want to drive over. But that's just when you first install it. Trackmania has a robust track editor, with over 1000 building blocks for you to play with and create whatever wild racing fantasy you can come up with. Using a fully featured in-game community portal, you can not only sell and share your tracks for in-game currency (Copper, more on that in a bit), but you can share car skins and models as well. Along with content, the online portion of the game has a fully integrated world ranking system, and individual ranking systems for countries and clans. Trackmania is awesome.

Wait, in game currency? Copper? Do I have to pay extra for this s**t?
In Trackmania, it costs Copper to do pretty much anything. Download custom tracks, cars, music, whatever, it all costs copper. Luckily, you get this stuff every day you open up the game, and for completing races. If you play the game any decent amount of time you'll have more copper then you'll know what to do with, that means you can go crazy downloading the tons of user created content that's available online. You'll also be getting Copper whenever people download the things you've created.

So what can I do online? Race?
Well, yeah, you can race on the various servers divided by region and player skill level. You can also download and share tons of new content, check out the world leaderboards that allow you to download ghosts of the top players. You can basically fulfill all your dreams and desires. As long as they involve four wheels.

The [url="http://archives.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2263119"]last thread[/url] explained the modes and areas well, so I'll quote it here.

Ok, how to I buy this?
Well, you can buy and download the whole game from the [url="http://www.tm-united.com/eng/"]Official site[/url] for $49.99. OR you can get it on [url="http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=7200&cc=US"]Steam[/url] for $29.95. I think the correct choice is obvious.

Required System Specs
Windows 2000/XP/XP-x64/Vista
CPU: Pentium IV 1.6GHz / AthlonXP 1600+
256 MB RAM (512 MB with Vista)
16 MB 3D accelerator DirectX 9.0c compatible
HARD DISK: 1.5 GB
Sound Card: 16 bit DirectX compatible
DIRECTX: 9.0c or higher (included in the installation)

Videos
http://www.gametrailers.com/umwatcher.php?id=12321
This is the only Trackmania video you need to see, trust me. WATCH THIS VIDEO

Links
http://united.tm-exchange.com/
TM Exchange is a site that hosts, literally, hundreds of thousands of tracks you can download without having to spend in-game copper.

http://trackmania-faq.com/
Wiki about everything Trackmania.

See you guys on the tarmac!

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 6:00 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

I've only played Trackmania Nations, the free version of Trackmania; but I want to get Sunrise and United.

StaR
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:38 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I've gotten every single Trackmania game from it's start. It's a great series, I really encourage you get it.
I think Sunrise was great, and Nations was cool too.
For $30, you can get all three with updated everything.
Good Idea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Now I know I haven't posted or been on these forums in a long time, but this game was pretty much what got me off TFC in the first place, well, the free version of it. Trackmania nations. Didn't really get into united but i still play nations and have been for years.

Nickname is DFA Wahoo, clan server is death from above in the UK.

Also, in united there is a mode called stunts where you gain points for doing crazy stuff.

Check out this video as well from the freestyle cup (look out for the cars with TnT on the side, usually blue with a bit of red, my old clan)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc-0WbR18zw&mode=related&search=

(warning, if you care, video has a song with swearing in it Razz)

edit : looking at the top video, tnt cars in that aswell.

Last edited by Wahoo on Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 2:20 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

ummmm whats the point? all i see is a lot of cars flying through the air with somewhat good graphics

WTF

Nerve-ana wrote:
oh when i woke up i realized i pissed myself lol was walking throught the town with a huge stain on my pants.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
StaR
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:24 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

It's pretty damn Fun, rage, that's the point. If you don't like fast cars, crazy jumps, and some sweet locales, you can go back to playing "Virtual Stuck Behind a Bus". (Family guy, woot!)

If you really want to see what it's all about, there's a demo of it's predocesor, Trackmania Sunrise, somewhere out there. Check it out.