View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Mapping & Modeling  ~  The Hairy Hut
DogMode
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:55 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Oh Hairy Hut, you really have let yourself go...sitting among the ruins of your once proud architecture, who will tame that wild hair of yours?

Basically I want this map to be the most nerve-wracking, fast-paced, and high scoring map you've ever played. It will be a 4 team map where a team score by simply trampling the grass in the center of The Hairy Hut. The longer you trample, the more points you and your team recieve!

Of course, The Hairy Hut knows what you are trying to do to it's precious grass and does not approve. He will try to swat you away from the entrances with his powerful tenticles (And I've almost got the random Halflife creature spawn to work!!! Eventually The Hairy Hut will be able to defend itself with the occasional spawned monster of its own...).

The whole map will me rotationally symmetrical, and revolve around The Hairy Hut. Once trampling the grass inside, you will be very open to attack from all sides. Hopfully The Hairy Hut will also be able to spawn random powerup items as well as its minions of doom, but we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm still working out the concept, and these screenshots are from about a 2 hour mock-up of The Hairy Hut and it's immediate surrounding area: