View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Other Source Games  ~  Starsiege 2845
Hobthebob
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 12:47 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

http://www.clancorenetwork.com/ss2845/

So there's this new game coming out pretty soon that's been in the makings since right after tribes vengeance came out called Starsiege 2845. It uses an updated version of the engine used for tribes 2 and was originally planned for the unreal 2 engine, but this is much more easily moddable and has better graphics. It's set in the tribes universe but it has nothing to do with tribes, No jetpacks and whatnot.

The idea of the game is that you have mechs you can fly around in, walk around in, shoot people in, and just destroy s**t with. Then you can get out of the mechs and fight over the vast expanses with 64 players online or more possibly. The game is being created by "volunteer professiols from vu games and around the world to try and bring back tribes games, but they're being given full creative freedom for the project and so far it looks really good.

Tell me what you guys think! A new construction mod will come out for it once the full game is released.

The full game will be free for online play but it'll cost for offline singleplayer mode because sierra/vu are crazy like that.