Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 6 of 6
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Bans, Cheaters & Abuse Reports  ~  Chips the server host.
Falcon
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

StaR wrote:
I think that Being an Admin is like being a judge

You have all this power, yet you can only use it to punish people
You can't abuse your power, and you can't send out punishments without a proper reason
You can't perm ban people yourself, other people (like a jury) decided wheither or not to
And you CAN be removed from your seat if people bring it up.
Rolling Eyes

Only half of that is right.

--- Pete + Sam + Dean = chevelle = teh greatest ---

-[CfH]-Server Admin
StaR
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 10:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

YOU think of a better metaphor off the top of your head

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:07 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

lol of course I thought about that right after I posted. The whole, would you use god mode and noclip to kill, but really i think it'd be fun to just noclip around maps without worrying about being kicked in spectator. As for godmode, well I'd want to be invincible while exploring the intricacies of the maps Smile

I'd try to be a fair admin and do the job like I see it done by other admins. Lead by example, and chips' fun house has a lot of admins that really do just that.

To be honest, maybe once in a while i'd give myself godmode and noclip and fly to some far away location in the sky for aerial sniping. But not while anyone's around. plus, NO ONE DESERVES A HIGH RANK FOR KILLING BOTS OVER AND OVER AGAIN AS A HW, SNIPER, OR ENGY. That's just plain stupid. If it's possible, could you take away kill counts every time you kill bots? It'd be fair for everyone because it actually takes more skill most of the time to kill a human than a bot, especially as a sniper, hw guy, or engy.

Chips
PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:49 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

The best admins don't do anything to interupt the game at all...I rarely even log in when I'm on. An admin just has to "be there'...as a deterrent. Once an admin is known on the server...others realize their presence and stay in line. They rarely need to do anything else.

* I never give myself no-clip or godmode.
* I'll only put up a mapvote if the majority ask for it or the server is emptying out because of a map "everyone" hates. One, two or three people asking doesn't get it changed.
* Any admin here can perm ban a player...according to the server rules which they all understand. They don't need my permission.
* Consideration to "unban" a player...is done by the admins as a team. I consult them because I trust their judgement...the final decision is mine however.
* Yes, the admins have a lot of power...and I get on them quickly if it's abused or not used for it's intended purpose.
* Just like our server population...the admins have rules to follow also. That includes me...as I said before, we're (admins) all equals.

Once you understand what the other admins here understand...what I expect from them...you'd find out quickly that the way you would want to admin the server is not how it's done. And quite frankly, anyone who doesn't understand why Thujon was banned, doesn't understand my explanation of how admins are chosen and additionally wants to start a revolution against me...is highly unlikely to every be given the powers he seeks.

We're done here. Twisted Evil

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger