Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Half-Life  ~  Hard prediction / Anti aimbot script?
freakn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:30 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Had an idea for a script that would mess arround a bit with client side prediciotn. The concept would make it very hard for someone to lead you (with a sniper rifle per say) and make aimbots barely work from the front of back. Have a script that, when triggered, replaces all movement binds and makes you move left and right constantly. Pretty much one to 4 waits between each left right direction change (and maybe front to back). If left on this would probalby kill acceleration in the left and right directions.

Anyone have any coments on such idea? I knwo how to impliment it, just wondering how it would go with the HL engine and such.

Manually jerking arround left and right is a good way from getting a sniper riffle hit or shotgun direct hit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:57 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

I can't see how this would be beneficial to be honest. Confused

You couldn't possibly move faster than the hl engine would allow...so I don't see how it would be any different than just pressing your strafe keys quickly back and forth. Rolling Eyes

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
freakn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:39 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Chips wrote:
I can't see how this would be beneficial to be honest. Confused

You couldn't possibly move faster than the hl engine would allow...so I don't see how it would be any different than just pressing your strafe keys quickly back and forth. Rolling Eyes

You would not move faster, but you would have hte advantage of doing it automaticly pretty much. Also, if approaching or avoiding someone with a highlag connection, and thus alot of client side prediction going on, you could almost appear to be hoping back and forth in big movements magicly as the server corrects the wrong client side predictions. Hard to lead that ... but it is all a theory.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:32 pm  Reply with quote

I would think it would make it just as hard for YOU to hit anything. Rolling Eyes

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Demasu
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I don't think it would work that great tbh, it would still be like using your strafe keys, granted you wouldn't actually have to press them, but if the aimbot automatically fired too, then it wouldn't work, but it might work if the user had to press the trigger and the aimbot couldn't keep up with the head. Although it would be great for detecting an aimbot because if it was random no human could keep up with it.

RL the ultimate roleplaying experience
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
freakn
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 5:41 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Demasu wrote:
... but it might work if the user had to press the trigger and the aimbot couldn't keep up with the head.

A day or two ago I suspected someone of using an aimbot with sniper riffle. Amazing accuracy with split second timing. Latency between 198 and 202. Specing showed this individual missing 3 of 25 shots, including concing scouts and sudden turn-arround bots. Most hits were fatal. I went back in as enemy sniper. When I got into view of this person, I started shaking left and right. I was not hit again in about another 10 to 15 encounters (which ended up being AR or nade kills). Person left after this, before the map was over.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 5:35 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

While it doesn't do anything about the player at the time, what I do is record a demo, and then watch it with X-Spectate on. If I see evidence of a cheater, I note their steam ID(I always get that info), and alert the admins/server op.