Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  vote kick bots
gone4ever
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:01 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

I'd suggest a vote kick bot anytime on the server.
Chance!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:28 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

there are plenty of active admins now, and this has been discussed hundreds of times.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
gilliam
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 10:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

gone4ever wrote:
I'd suggest a vote kick bot anytime on the server.
bots are allways off.... past your bedtime Razz

Audhumla
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:08 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

and for a response thats actually helpful to someone new to the server - giving everyone access to kicking bots would also give everyone access to voting for map changes, and when that happens no maps get played all the way through

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
gone4ever
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:49 am  Reply with quote
Forum Trolls
Forum Trolls

well im not new to this server. this is #1 Stunna is bak!!!. Usually late at night like 12-2 he he, there arent any active admins. and also late at night i cant play the maps i want like if im the only one there with bots. unless u give me the ability to kick bots. Very Happy anyways JAM/JIMI
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:13 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Ah...about time you found our forums. I remember asking you in the past to stop by here...glad to see you made it.

I have two big projects I'm currently working on...rebuilding the game server (possibly with AmxModX) and building an hlstats database and getting that online.

Perhaps with the new server set-up...what you're asking for would be possible. Time will tell. Neutral

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 12:47 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

lol if u start using amx, I leave.
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:01 pm  Reply with quote

Torturedevice wrote:
lol if u start using amx, I leave.

por que Question

There's AMX and AmXmodX...they're different. I haven't decided to use either yet really. I'm still most comfortable with adminmod. The rebuilt server so far has no mods whatsoever. I'm going to probably test it tomorrow night...with only rcon. Part of that test will be connectivity to a hlstats database.

For the database portion...I'll just let the bots run around for a while. After that...I'll probably invite some real folks to test it out. Anyone interested should be in IRC tomorrow evening.

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:02 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

AMX is crap, and it killed keegs, i dunno about the other AMXmod, hopefully it's better.
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:10 pm  Reply with quote

Torturedevice wrote:
AMX is crap, and it killed keegs

No...what killed keegs was a disinterested server op. I don't blame him...it's alot of work. But, leave any server unattended long enough...the idiots take over.

I still read their forums occasionally...and it's always about the hackers who come by and no one's there to do anything about it. Even forum post about them go without any action taken. Some have partial admin...and it seems only Gill has full admin. The server was just abandoned...and the wildlife took over. Surprised

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:16 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

well you don't really have room to talk since you weren't there for that long Very Happy When Namral put AMX on, no one was happy with the way it worked, it changed a lot of stuff that people were already happy with, and we all had to bite the bullet and deal with it, it was super lame. Over time people just got more and more disinterested in playing there, not solely because of AMX, but it definately was a contributing factor. And for the record, Namral was never THAT involved in his server ops to begin with. He almost always did the bare minimum. Even at the height of the server's popularity he was almost never seen or heard from.
gilliam
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Torturedevice wrote:
well you don't really have room to talk since you weren't there for that long Very Happy When Namral put AMX on, no one was happy with the way it worked, it changed a lot of stuff that people were already happy with, and we all had to bite the bullet and deal with it, it was super lame. Over time people just got more and more disinterested in playing there, not solely because of AMX, but it definately was a contributing factor. And for the record, Namral was never THAT involved in his server ops to begin with. He almost always did the bare minimum. Even at the height of the server's popularity he was almost never seen or heard from.

seconded!

what also killed keegs was STEAM, when it broke the servers link to hlstats.

Fjorn
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:26 am  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

There is no real differennce between AMX and adminMOD in how a player plays on the server

Its main difference is the commands (amx_ instead of admin_) and how the admins can run the server

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Chips
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:33 am  Reply with quote

Oddly enough...as much testing as I've been doing, I've finally seen something that could be the cause of numerous problems. And believe it or not...it was from viewing the match logs from Tuesday.

Apparently...the version of Foxbots and adminmod we're running...are in conflict with the interface with the current version of metamod that we're running on the server. Options would be to find compatible versions...or go back to a stable, compatible version of metamod.

Metamod...is the whole backbone for all the server mods and plug-ins. The bots and even AdminMod depend on it...they can't run without it.

I've completely rebuilt the server at this point...and tested it Wednesday night. There are no mods of any kind on this "rebuild" so far. I'm tempted to run it just for one day to see if the "steam rolls" stop. Rolling Eyes

There is the smallest of possibilities that the issues we've all seen could be "hardware" related. I've read of certain routers with certain firmware versions causing these exact same problems. It may not be our server set-up at all. Surprised

-[CfH]-Server Admin