Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Forum Rules & Instructions  ~  Forum Problems ???
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:59 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Some of you may have had problems accessing the forums last night. I myself was unable to log in for several hours before I went to bed last night. I was able to see the forums, but I could not log in and post.

This sounds like something happening with my provider...and in fact changes, with them, are coming. My provider was acquired by a new management team and are about to start migrating all customers to a new hosting platform. This began on June 6th...and something on their end may very well have caused last nights problem. All seems to be fine this morning after logging in.

My sites (www.irsolutions.biz & www.chipsfunhouse.com) are not scheduled to be moved yet...and I've been told I'll be informed when this will happen. I'll keep you updated when I'm made aware that this will occur.

Additionally: I have upgraded the forums to the latest phpbb version...2.0.21.
If anyone is still having any problems with the forums, please e-mail me at chipsfunhouse@optonline.net.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chips
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:35 am  Reply with quote

Message to moderators:

After upgrading the forums...I typically check out all seven "board styles"...or templates to make sure there's nothing wrong.

As with most upgrades, the quick reply feature was temporarily borked. That's been fixed. I did notice however that the Aeolus template did not have the delete, move, lock or split icons at the bottom of the page to quickly moderate the forum you have moderator access to. You CAN still moderate the forums using that board style...you'll just have to click the "you can moderate this forum" link at the bottom of the page.

Of course, if you don't use that particular template...you have no worries. Very Happy

Neutral

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger