Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Half-Life 2  ~  Half-Life 2: Episode 1
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:00 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

StaR wrote:
ew.... A LITTLE TOO MUCH INFORMATION

Anyway, I'm trying to get it at EB so that I could use my EB Gift Card, but everyone's all out.
Apparently, either someone's stealing, they under-ordered, or everyone really loves this so much, that people will go to other towns to get it.
Maybe a mix of them.....

wow. everyone in my town plays Halo, so i bought like the 3rd one gone from the shelves. preorder ftw Cool

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
[d2f]Iggy*SJB
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:33 am  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Call me anal, but I prefer to have the product IN HAND. Problem is, everywhere I've checked is out of it. Mad
I'll get it, though. I'm not really in a major hurry, I still haven't finished HL2 yet. Come to think of it...I haven't finished HL1 yet.......................... Embarassed

[d2f]Iggy*SJB
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:22 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

I found it..........picked it up at WalMart(shut up...I hate the store too, but I can't afford places that cost more........dammit!).
I activated it, and it's installing now. I'd be playing HL2 while I'm waiting....but I gotta record something on my computer at 8:00. Mad

Chips
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:51 am  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

Hey...my daughter and I were wondering what happened to Dog..for those like us, that's spoiler alert time. Razz

Anyway...after fixing video driver issues, I finished it in two days. Steam will balk at you if you don't have the absolute lates video drivers.

Tbh...I wasn't overly impressed. Many situations in the game felt like I'd been there before (similar situations as found in HL2 play). Most of the puzzles are obvious...only one or two actually make you think and go through some trial and error. There is also much repetition in several of the levels...identical gameplay, just on a different level. Add to that the cheesy ending just like in HL2...and I'm wondering if I'll pay $17.95 for the next episode.

The graphics ARE amazing...but there also seems like there's less around you in your environment to interact with. There were only a few moments of gameplay that rose to a cresendo of music and action that kept me on my toes. Granted, I was playing on "easy"...but a higher selection would just mean more attackers. The overall gameplay wouldn't be all that more difficult. I'd give it 3 of 5 thumbs.

Good Idea Good Idea Good Idea Bad Idea Bad Idea

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:47 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

definately play it on normal; where it takes 2 double blasts from a shotty to kill the combine zombies.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Audhumla
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

second play thru turn on commentary.
dont do it first run through as it tends to spoil things.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
StaR
PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

[d2f]Iggy*SJB wrote:
I found it..........picked it up at WalMart(shut up...I hate the store too, but I can't afford places that cost more........dammit!).

OMG! THAT'S SO CREEPY!
I did the exact same thing,
And we both hate giving Wal-Mart more money.