Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Other Games & Mods  ~  Legend of Zelda. Any Favs?

Which Zelda do you like?
LoZ: Classic (NES)
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
LoZ: Link's Awakening (Game Boy)
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
LoZ: Link to the Past (SNES, Game Boy Color)
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
LoZ: Oracle of Seasons and Oracle of Time (Game Boy Advance)
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
LoZ: Minish Cap (Game Boy Advance)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LoZ: 64
23%
 23%  [ 4 ]
LoZ: Majora's Mask (n64)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LoZ: Wind Waker (Game Cube)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
LoZ: Twilight Princess (Game Cube)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

Spider Man
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:39 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

Any of you like or used to like The Legend of Zelda?

Controlled Chaos
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:17 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

My buddy (the one that runs the server) is huge into Zelda. He gets everyone when it comes out and beats it within 4 hours of getting home. I dont know what his favorite is but mine is The Original Zelda. OldSkool FTW!!!!! Good Idea

Forever Standing United!!!!

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Anshinritsumai
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:19 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

LoZ: Link to the Past (SNES, Game Boy Color)

gilliam
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

i never finished any zelda game but the gameboy/gbc links awakening one i played through the farthest.

-SoldierBoy-
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:46 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Hell yeah, classic.

kibblesnbits
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:57 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I cheated at them cause it was fun to screen hop on the old gameboy one lol Very Happy

www.GuildWarsRealm.net GG site
Spider Man
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:49 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

lol I remember screen hopping but I had beat it before I learned to screen hop.

Last edited by Spider Man on Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Spider Man
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 1:50 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

There are about five more or so but the poll would only allow 10 options.

I've played all but LoZII: The Adventure of Link (a sidescroller sequel to the Classic which I just downloaded it for my Gameboy advance emulator), and I have never tried the gamecube versions.

www.zeldaclassic.com <<link to a kool PC port of zelda classic...play the original and new campaignes and make your own maps on the classic zelda engine!

I didn't post LoZ: Four Swords. I've never had the chance to even see what it is like because you need all four players to start a game.

LoZ: Oracle of Seasons and Loz: Oracle of Time are kool because you can link the two games to open up secrets in both and take earned items from one to the other (not easily done on an emulator).

LoZ: Minish cap is fun, yet it has graphics that remind you of a little kids game.

I have only beat two so far: LoZ: Links Awakening and LoZ: A Link to the Past.

DaMaN
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:23 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Medic
Forum Medic

Link's Awakening and Link to the Past are the only one's i've played so far, but i really enjoyed them. I tried the original LoZ: Classic on an emulator for a bit, but haven't beaten it yet. Pretty sweet games...

My fav. is Link's Awakening though...

-DaMaN
Kyubi
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:03 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

Spider Man wrote:

I didn't post LoZ: Four Swords. I've never had the chance to even see what it is like because you need all four players to start a game.

LoZ: Oracle of Seasons and Loz: Oracle of Time are kool because you can link the two games to open up secrets in both and take earned items from one to the other (not easily done on an emulator).

LoZ: Minish cap is fun, yet it has graphics that remind you of a little kids game.

Actually, u do NOT need 4 players to start a game. i beat the game by myself, u actually control the 4 links at once. the game was pretty cool overall, but it was actually VERY short.

Seasons and Ages brought me hours and hours of fun. i borrowed both of them from my friend when he was done with them, and i had them for like 6 months, lol. they was a help when i was on a trailer/van thing going across the country 2 years ago for a month. overall i think seasons was better, because 1. the normal bosses were cooler, 2. the main boss onox was a dragon, 3.the story was better(coming from that side) and 4. Din reminds me of fire, so shes automatically cool Razz

minish cap was fun, i played it about 1 1/2 times, only reason i stopped midway the second time through is i had just gotten another game and i really wanted to play that =P.

Now that im done replying to those 3, i LOVE Zelda games. although, i actually do NOT like the original. i didnt like the flat screen, 2-direction moving that the villages and other places where u fought the enemies had. and ganon constantly showing up on the screen laughing or sumthin pissed me off after a while.. so i dont like that one. then, i have actually never played 1 and 2, although it would prob be pretty fun. i first started off with OOT (Ocarina of Time) for N64. i LOVE that game with a passion! i must have replayed it 6 or 7 times, just on the normal n64. then i got the Master's Quest edition thing for GC and i played again the original, and the new harder-dungeon master's quest one. around the 3rd time through i knew almost every detail by heart (except the gold skulltulas which i can only find by a guide... just too many of them Confused), and getting the biggoron sword is one of the funnest things to do in that game Embarassed. the only thing i have not done, is catch this one eel-like fish thing that appears in the fishing pond when it is foggy. i heard that u need to enter the pond the instant the sun comes up, and i tried it for like an hour, but i just couldnt get it. Sad

Majora's Mask was pretty fun to me, ive played it about 3 or 4 times although i only got EVERY mask on the first time through (Fierce Deity FTW) the overall storyline for it was _ok_ but it really got fun with all the sidequests/mask getting that it had.... plus the shapeshifting masks. i can honestly say i had a lot of fun with the shapeshifting masks, especially with the kick-ass (literally) Zora mask. i had so much fun with that thing Razz, plus the guitar always sounded the best out of the 4 instruments. my only complaint was that it really only WAS 5 dungeons in the whole game, so it could be beaten, without doing any sidequests, pretty quickly.

Windwaker was decent. The graphics i didnt quite like at first, but it grew on me to the point that it was ok. the new feature the swing hook was ok, but i really enjoyed the Parry-Counterattack function they put in, that was a really good idea. besides that, i thought that the enemies, including the bosses, were actually too easy Twisted Evil. once yur good enough to hit your old master 1000 times in a sparring match while only getting hit less than 3 tmes, any enemy you fight becomes obsolete. the side quests in that game, some of them, were actually kinda stupid. like the trading one and taking the pictures... which i just COULDNT GET RIGHT AFTER 50+ TRIES. and overall, the boat journeys always took way too long... i would find myself drifting to sleep at night when playing... and i never fall asleep at video games unless i got 0 sleep the night before and i did some hard activity that day... in which i wouldnt even be up playing games that late Razz

im really looking forward to twilight princess. the game looks extremely well done graphics wise, u can fight on your horse (very cool) and u can supposedly turn into a wolf... which seems pretty cool, lol. they first put a video of link having a sword fight with ganondorf, back when they were first announcing the making of Wind Waker. so when that came out, i was all happy that i would be able to fight ganon again like that........ and then the actual wind waker came out... and i was like..... wtf.. where is beautiful, good-looking-graphics fight with GANON!? im disappointed they pushed it so far back.. it was supposed to have come out in november, as that was the release date when i went into a gamestop in march and asked about it. O well, can only wait till i can play the good Zelda-ny goodness Razz Good Idea Cool

PS. i told u i Loved Zelda games Laughing

-[CfH]-Server Admin
Spider Man
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:34 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Sniper
Forum Sniper

About Four Swords: what I meant to say was that I could not initiate the link of fours systems by just opening up four emulator windows on one computer.

And I forgot about Ocarina of Time, I should have put that up instead Twilight Princess, because TP is not out out yet.

RS
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 1:07 am  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

Ocarina of Time was an absolute masterpeice ... was one of the greatest peices that came out in the single best year of gaming ever...

Hands down the best due to the fact of its ingenuity, and how it carved out a (very) clear path for many titles to follow in terms of utilizing the same elements and similiar styles of gameplay.

Currently addicted to Fable ... reminds me of OOT tremendously ... especially how ranged weaponry works in the game.

Kyubi
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum HW
Forum HW

LoZ:64 is OOT isnt it?

-[CfH]-Server Admin
RS
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:33 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

yep

Mr FluffyFluf^_^
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:15 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Newbie
Forum Newbie

Sadly... I see majora's mask isnt on there.

By far one of the creepiest games on the N64. Not due to shock value. But due to the atmosphere. That creepy moon looking down on you. The look of pain that link has whenever he places any of the transformation masks on.

And... The happy mask salesman. Enough said.

As for my favroite. It's a tossup between Majora's mask, Classic, Windwaker and OoT. Any four of those makes me happy in so many ways.

Edit: It IS on there... Disregard the top statment for I am blind.