Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  FireFox
The Crimson King
PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2006 1:34 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

since microsoft has to put up with the flak from other companies and 3rd party stuff taking away from their soon-to-be monopoly, they upgrade it and make it better then what everything else is, which is why the next IE in Vista is going to have tabs (finally) and resemble firefox, OPERA, and the such. the reason to use 3rd party is because so many users use IE that the hacking community only targets computers using IE. so, the best choice is to use a thirdparty that has gotten good reviews, but isn't as big as IE, Netscape, AOhelL, etc... firefox is being used by more and more people, so give it time and it will become a target to hackers, but in the near future, i'd say you're safe using it. IMO, the speeds are slower than IE, but not enough to be bothersome. and i've got free pop-up blocker, mal-java blocker, and it does a good job of keeping my computer clean. haven't had a virus in 7 months using this (and Zone Alarm for a firewall). i recommend it over IE anyday.

as for installing on all users, you can set it as your default browser or not, so i'd not set it as default, that will leave the other user's icons alone, just add another one for Firefox.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger