Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 1
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  Questions, Suggestions and Recommendations  ~  Periodic Auto Team Balancer
BaDaCE
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:42 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

is there a way to get that^^

for example, every 5 minutes the server checks if teams are balanced..if they are it doesn't do anything, if teams are not even it randomly picks a player from the team with more people and switches him/her..

is this possible? i'm just asking because after playing on ther server every night, i am constantly on the team with less people(for some reason) therefore getting "raped" by about 3 people at once in our base..i've never seen 2 hw's on O on 2fort before until tonight..of course teams were 10v7 but that doesn't seem to have anything to do with it Mad Mad ....

just wondering if this exists, if not how hard could it be to make?

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
Are you going to rasterbate with your brother? Thats very nice of you to lend a hand.
Chips
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:14 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

The server is set to balance teams now. Problem is...it can't tell bots from humans...only "slots". Chances are if you try to switch later...it won't let ya. Even using "auto join" can put you on a team with the most humans already.

We've never really had an overwhelming problem with this...but, it is a problem.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
BaDaCE
PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:44 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Soldier
Forum Soldier

well, if the teams are even: it auto assigns you to blue, bots or no bots..i know that

what i mean is, if the server is full(20 ppl) therefore no bots(bots only go up to 16 ppl) why does it allow teams to get to 11v8 as it was on well right before i posted this? shouldnt it auto-assigned the most recent person to the team with 8 instead of 10???(8 ppl on red, 10 on blue, someone joins they go no blue..)

is there something to do after the person joins and picked a team, say a few minutes later, that evens the teams

-SoldierBoy- wrote:
Are you going to rasterbate with your brother? Thats very nice of you to lend a hand.
Audhumla
PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2006 12:21 am  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

That usually happens when like 3 folks from one team all leave, without any from the other team leaving. Any new folks coming in WOULD, I imagine, have to go to the lower team.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me