Chips' Fun House Forum Index

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Chips' Fun House Forum Index  ~  General Server Notices  ~  Some New Maps...11 of em
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:45 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

I did well on the map, I just don't like the way it was made. It's not that I got killed like a million times, but 2fortsniper is just better. It makes noob snipers into seemingly better snipers, case & point ----- Jarrett.
Chips
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:55 pm  Reply with quote
Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler

It's an interesting map...and I quite disagree with your assertion. Having never seen it before...it took me a while to get used to the angles and possibilities. I don't know how many times I was just coming down the ladder and got popped. Confused

I didn't even think it was possible to snipe straight across the map without being hit from the sides...but alas, you can. Took me some time to find those angles. It's hard when there's 18 snipers on the server. Laughing

In case you haven't noticed...Jarrett has become quite skilled. His new rig is certainly a help. Good Idea
===========================================================================
Additionally...I spent a good part of the afternoon writing config files for many of the maps that were missing them. These files control class restrictions...whether or not the hook or fireworks are on etc. I added 51 of these files for maps that didn't have them. Only a good portion of the skill maps don't have them...they're often not necessary as class restrictions are built into the maps...but I'm working on those too.

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Torturedevice
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:25 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

They should have made the walls longer so that the instant you come down from the ladder you can't get hit, its a huge nubfest that way. If you go up top in the corner, its very easy for someone to sit and wait for you to go there. Too many nub spots.
Canard
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:10 pm  Reply with quote
Forum Scout
Forum Scout

Thank the lord, you got troy off. It's fun when you have a tight team, but how often is that on pubs, really. I've never played troy2, but I'm looking forward to giving it a whirl Smile

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:11 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

Torturedevice wrote:
They should have made the walls longer so that the instant you come down from the ladder you can't get hit, its a huge nubfest that way. If you go up top in the corner, its very easy for someone to sit and wait for you to go there. Too many nub spots.

Heh, I was owning from the bottom.

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
gilliam
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:20 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

chips im positive it wasnt me that recommended skayoo. i never seen that map before.

Audhumla
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:21 pm  Reply with quote
Forum H4xor
Forum H4xor

You reccomended the trepid maps, and that's a trepid map

(dead)-[CfH]-Server Admin but--- because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me
Chips
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 4:40 am  Reply with quote

We finally got to try that Bayeux_beta4 map this evening. It is just stunning. Good Idea

What a good looking map...awesome textures and colors, well thought out...even has some birds "flying" around the church at cap point 4. This map plays like Avanti...but much bigger, better looking and it was loads of fun.

We had a full server at the time (or almost) and some apparently didn't make it back in. This map is HUGE...at almost 7 megs to download, along with associated gfx and other files. Maybe some got timed out...or were forced out due to the bots taking spots initially. I kicked them pretty quickly and we played 6 on 6 for a while...then others came it.

This is going to be an awesome addition to our server...thanks to Kes of the .id Guild. Good Idea

The only good game, is a fair game...
Why do we park on driveways and drive on parkways! George Carlin - 1937-2008

-[CfH]-Server Admin
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger